Player specific goal songs/clips

OMMF

The Thunderbirds have a few songs or video/audio clips they play when a certain player scores a goal. Here are just a couple:

Greg Scott: A clip of Doc from BttF saying "Great Scott!"

Jim O'Brien: "Born in the USA" by Bruce Springsteen as he is the only US born player on the team

Any player who scores their first WHL goal usually gets "Feels Like the First Time" by Foreigner

There are a couple more but that's all I can remember right now or that would make sense to outsiders.

What does your team do?

I was having this conversation last night, but it was about closer pitcher theme songs. We all talked about how awesome "Thunderstruck" is for JJ Putz. I don't know many others, but I really like that one.

If I were a closer, my song would be "Jesus Christ Superstar."

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I understand that the Oilers used to play the chorus of "Fernando" by ABBA when Fernando Pisani scored. But they haven't done that for at least the past couple of seasons.

That's about all I can think of right now, honestly.

Didn't some teams used to play "Big Shot" by Billy Joel ( :music:"You've got a Dom Perignon in your hand and a spoon up your nose" :music: ) when drug-addled pitcher Steve Howe took the mound for the visiting Yankees?

CCSLC signature.png

Dany Heatley - The Heat is On by Glen Frey? (I think)

Mike Fisher - Mike Fisher (song) by some band he is friends with.

and my FAVOURITE is when Gerber either wins or makes a great save they play the Darth Vader theme song, including the breathing clip. (which if I was a closer would be my song)

I think there might be another one on the Sens.

Hi, how are you?

I was having this conversation last night, but it was about closer pitcher theme songs. We all talked about how awesome "Thunderstruck" is for JJ Putz. I don't know many others, but I really like that one.

If I were a closer, my song would be "Jesus Christ Superstar."

Thunderstruck, although a horrendous song(I hate AC/DC, for the record), was better suited for the Thunder himself, Dan Majerle. They play it(I'm assuming regularly) during his crazy pre-game shots from half court, backwards, sitting on a chair. White men can't jump, but they can do some crazy sh**. They can also be the only person to start an all-star game without starting on their own team.

aaaand my Thunder Dan promotion is over...until next time.

The Thunderbirds have a few songs or video/audio clips they play when a certain player scores a goal. Here are just a couple:

Greg Scott: A clip of Doc from BttF saying "Great Scott!"

Jim O'Brien: "Born in the USA" by Bruce Springsteen as he is the only US born player on the team

Any player who scores their first WHL goal usually gets "Feels Like the First Time" by Foreigner

There are a couple more but that's all I can remember right now or that would make sense to outsiders.

What does your team do?

how about brendan dillon...wait he doesnt score :P

I went to school with him last 3 years

Closest thing to that here in Pittsburgh is an audio clip of a WWE ring announcer yelling "Misterrrrrrrrrrrr Kennedyyyyyyyyyyyyy" after Tyler Kennedy scores. Othen than that, for every goal, good 'ol rock and roll part 2 is played.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006Β 

In Detroit, whenever Dan Cleary scores, they'll play that "I can see clearly now" song.

A few more from Detroit...

Whenever the Blues get a penalty, they'll play part of Elton John's I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues. ^_^

Whenever Brendan Shanahan scored, they would play an Irish jig (no idea what song though).

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

The Milwaukee Bucks do these for Yi Jianlian, Andrew Bogut, Charlie Bell, Charlie Villanueva, Bobby Simmons, Mo Williams, and Michael Redd. Heck if I know what the songs are all called, though. It's just fun to hear that theirs are all different.

Archived