Logo concept

Braden

Hey everyone!

Okay, now most of you may know that I got my first fantasy franchise here just recently, and I wanted to try my 1st idea out.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Be forewarned, this logo concept's colours are Black, Dark Grey & Neon Green... so... it's unique.

Columbus Aliens (copy/paste)

Main Logo

Alternative Logo 1

Alternative Logo 2

I can see yhollander cringing at the moment he sees the logo...

Now it may not be evident, but this is for a basketball franchise, I haven't worked out a basketball logo-connection yet...

This is not an unveiling of the team's identity, this is just an idea of mine that I'd greatly appreciate feedback on.

Thanks!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Like I've posted about all the other NABA concepts so far (and I'm just having fun with it--no animosity intended--

Those will look good losing to the Towers!

(I've cleaned up my own concept a bit, but I'm still trying a couple of things that may or may not stay in the design)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Get your sunglasses everyone!

My first stab at the Columbus Aliens Neon Green alt uniform!!!

copy / paste

http://www.geocities.com/nfty_nebbish/aliensalt.gif

IMO, I love it. They'll look great beating up on the GIRLY MEN on the Towers, and every other team on the NABL next year.  :P

If this gets good feedback, it'll be official and I'll make a home and  road similar to this style. If it has even better feedback, the neon green will be the roads and the black one will be the alt.

Again, feedback is greatly appreciated.

You'll blind the opposition---I find myself strangely liking them--they certainly suit the logo and team name--now just pick short players, and we'll call you the little green men.

(and Calgary will TOWER over you)

:D

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

i dig this concept. The Alt1 with the C and the head looks real tight.

If you want suggestions, I might search for another font for the wordmark that is a little more extreme... a little more alien-y.

Perhaps, to intergrate basketball intot he lgog (since it seems 80% of NBA logos do) you couls add the basketball striping the the bottom half of your spaceship, in a darkerer or lighter grey.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

(On a side note, remember the old Orlando Thunder from the WLAF days? Yeesh!)

I loved the Orlando jerseys!

That green jersey's quite nice there, Braden.  Have you tried using the same font for the numbers that you used for the name?  That'd look sharp, I think.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well I originally tried the numbers from the script font. The problem is that it was way too thin, and it just didn't look right, so I thought i'd just keep the name in the font, but tried a different font. I  tried the current one, and it really was the only number font I liked on the uni.

Here is the away concept. does it work as well?

Columbus Aliens Away (copy / paste)

I also made the spaceship alt. logo and added a basketball theme to it.

Updated Alt. Logo (copy / paste)

I thought the script font was perfect cause I wanted more of a feel for the retro mentality of aliens. That's what inspired the spaceship, the alien head, and the lime green.

I still want to add the basketball to the main logo, but I wanted to see if it was a go.

(On a side note, remember the old Orlando Thunder from the WLAF days? Yeesh!)

I loved the Orlando jerseys!

Count me in on the camp that liked the Thunder jerseys.  It was their helmet that I had a problem with.  No neon green in it and the logo looked, well, juvenile -- like something you'd see tacked up on the bulletin board of your local elementary school's third grade science classroom during "weather week," or, for those of you old enough to remember when TV weathermen didn't have computer graphics to work with, an old time weather map with cardboard symbols for various types of weather that they'd stick on with velcro.

But getting back to the topic at hand, I like the black uniforms as well.  And if you are looking for another alt. logo, how about a neon green basketball with silver and black rings around it like the planet Saturn?

Archived