2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a die-hard Twins fan, I have to say the following about my favorite team:

When they play well, they play REALLY great. When they play poorly, the REALLY stink. There is no in-between with the Twins.

The Mariners fired John McClaren and have replaced him with Jim Riggleman for the time being.

So yeah, that's 2 guys who have gotten the ax before the all-star break. Who's next?

The Mariners fired John McClaren and have replaced him with Jim Riggleman for the time being.

So yeah, that's 2 guys who have gotten the ax before the all-star break. Who's next?

I can't see John Gibbons surviving this road trip.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

...and Pittsburgh has been playing well this season...

Oh, and he (McLaren) was fired BEFORE going on a roadtrip. Why not just wait until he traveled and then won a game on the road to fire him? Oh, you're saying that's something dumb and classless to do? Nevermind...at least nobody else was fired in that manner...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Off to a good start so far:

@ Milwaukee

Tuesday: L 7-0

Wednesday: L 5-4

Thursday: Down 6-0 after 3½

---

Chris Creamer

Oh, and he (McLaren) was fired BEFORE going on a roadtrip. Why not just wait until he traveled and then won a game on the road to fire him? Oh, you're saying that's something dumb and classless to do? Nevermind...at least nobody else was fired in that manner...

The Mariners definitely showed how to execute a firing (as morbid as that sounds). The Mets showed how NOT to execute a firing. Good to see we got both examples in the same week.

Perfect game through 5 now... I'm starting to become tank-like here.

When Prince Fielder gets an Inside the Park HR against you, you know something is going wrong.
saBS.png

When Prince Fielder gets an Inside the Park HR against you, you know something is going wrong.

How does that even happen?... 8-0 heading into the 6th.

Has a manager ever been fired mid-game?

---

Chris Creamer

How does that even happen?... 8-0 heading into the 6th.

Has a manager ever been fired mid-game?

Just saw the video of it. Wow, Rios is a fool.

And, there goes the perfect game, still has a no hitter though.

saBS.png

...meanwhile, I get back from my bikeride on this wonderful summer day here in Jersey, and it's now 8-7 MIL top 9...wow...

The Mets lost a game just like this on Sunday...where they suck, come back, and fall just too short...can the Jays rally?

...meanwhile, I get back from my bikeride on this wonderful summer day here in Jersey, and it's now 8-7 MIL top 9...wow...

The Mets lost a game just like this on Sunday...where they suck, come back, and fall just too short...can the Jays rally?

Nope! But at least they made it respectable.

---

Chris Creamer

With McLaren gone, is there any chance the M's go for Bobby Valentine? I'd pay money to see him put on the Groucho mask again.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

With McLaren gone, is there any chance the M's go for Bobby Valentine? I'd pay money to see him put on the Groucho mask again.

First off, he's a GOD in Japan...so it'd take one hell of a deal to get him back to the states.

Secondly, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mets to go after him again. He's the best manager they ever had from a pure tactical standpoint. It would also be a HUGE ego booster...and we all know how big his ego is already...

Ahhh, former Cubs manager Jim Riggleman has finally returned.

Good luck with that guy, cause he's not gonna last too long.

That would be ace if Seattle jumped on Tophat Bobby and brought him back to the majors!

6uXNWAo.png

Nope! But at least they made it respectable.

Maybe John Gibbons can come home to the Mets he seems like a non no nonsense manager, and he was the third string catcher in 1986.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

"I'd love to join a club and beat you with it"....

Is it a bad thing that I can quote most Marx Brothers movies at close verbatim?

"I'd love to join a club and beat you with it"....

Is it a bad thing that I can quote most Marx Brothers movies at close verbatim?

Marx Brothers? No. Three Stooges? Yes.

*pie fights notwithstanding

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived