2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

Fall Downs is one hell of a pitcher :)

gawd that was embarassing. downs has been our most reliable reliever all year, up until this hot streak. now he's arguably the biggest liability. don't know why cito didnt just leave "100-MPH" League in the game.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fall Downs is one hell of a pitcher :)

:(

Cito has a tendency to leave pitchers in during their struggles -- sometimes it works, however I think his mismanagement of the bullpen cost us the game tonight (but I can't really blame him; these games wouldn't have mattered at all if not for him)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Is ANY stadium that the Cubs visit a neutral stadium?

Fenway?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, the Astros and Cubs will play two games in Milwaukee to make up for Friday's and Saturday's games.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

lol @ them putting the game in Milwaukee. Like THAT will be a neutral site.

Good move MLB, moving the Astros home game vs. the Cubs to "Wrigley North". ;)

Brewer fans may not like it, but the Cubs have all but wrapped up the division -- plus you know that game is gonna $ell out.

6uXNWAo.png

ANGELS DEFEAT MARINERS, 5-2!

LIGHT UP THE HALO!

JUST ANOTHER ANGELS VICTORY!

Angels lead Rays by 2.0 games for AL Lead and Home-Field Advantage

K-ROD BREAKS SINGLE SEASON SAVES RECORD!!!!

Dbpu5o8x.jpg

untitled-8.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Well, the Astros and Cubs will play two games in Milwaukee to make up for Friday's and Saturday's games.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

lol @ them putting the game in Milwaukee. Like THAT will be a neutral site.

Good move MLB, moving the Astros home game vs. the Cubs to "Wrigley North". ;)

Brewer fans may not like, but the Cubs have all but wrapped up the division -- plus you know that game is gonna $ell out.

Selig used to be Milwaukee's owner. Is it a mere coincidence that MLB selected Milwaukee as the site of these two make-up games?

Selig used to be Milwaukee's owner. Is it a mere coincidence that MLB selected Milwaukee as the site of these two make-up games?

Milwaukee was also the site of the last neutral site make-up series

Last year's snowed out Cleveland/Seattle series if I recall.

6uXNWAo.png

Milwaukee was also the site of the last neutral site make-up series

Last year's snowed out Cleveland/Seattle series if I recall.

Nope, they made those up later

It was the Cleveland/Angels series

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Well I would like to thank the Brewers for their help with the Phillies this weekend. If the Mets collapse again which the way they are starting to look is quite possible I hope they crash too.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

ANGELS DEFEAT MARINERS, 5-2!

LIGHT UP THE HALO!

JUST ANOTHER ANGELS VICTORY!

Angels lead Rays by 2.0 games for AL Lead and Home-Field Advantage

K-ROD BREAKS SINGLE SEASON SAVES RECORD!!!!

Dbpu5o8x.jpg

untitled-8.jpg

Uh, yay?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

The Cardinals have decided they don't want to make the playoffs, and felt their win in the opening game of the Cubs series this past week and being within 3.5 games of the Wild Card made it seem otherwise. They got back on track and dropped the last 2 games of the series and proceeded to get swept by last place Pittsburgh. They have regained the focus of the task at hand and feel confident that they can, for the second straight season, avoid a late season turnaround and run towards a playoff birth.

<_<

Well I would like to thank the Brewers for their help with the Phillies this weekend. If the Mets collapse again which the way they are starting to look is quite possible I hope they crash too.

It's the Mets fault. If they can't hold a 2-run, 9th-inning lead against a 4th-place team that's just playing out the string, are you really in a position to blame a team that's leading the Wild Card standings for not doing what you want them to do?

I hope the Mets collapse again, just so that you pout and whine like a little girl all during the offseason again.....

Well this game was lost earlier when they could not get any tack on runs like Game 1 yesterday, its incredible, what happens to this team in September, and its not just last year.

In 1998 the Mets lost their last 5 games when winning just 1 would have gotten them into a Wild Card three way tie

In 1999 the Mets nearly collapsed lost 8 straight and needed a miracle sweep of the Pirates and the Reds to lose two to get a tie after being in the Wild Card Lead all season.

2006 Mets had a huge lead so it did not matter but they were horrible in September losing three straight games when they were about to clinch and losing 7 of 10 after that.

Then last year.

These are two games they cant afford to lose playing a 4th place team.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Is ANY stadium that the Cubs visit a neutral stadium?

Fenway?

Okay, other than Fenway. lol

I say they play them at the old Expos' venue, that is as neutral as it could get because no one would come to watch. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Well the Phillies got the big win today but if they win the second game, that would be huge for them. They'd be tied for the Wild Card lead and 1 back in the East.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived