NFL Equipment Logo is staying..

Old School Fool

I was hoping with the new logo they would eliminate the NFL Equipment logo and just put the NFL shield on all merchandise, notably the jersey. It looked a lot better without the NFL Equipment logo, plus I'm not really sure why it is necessary for it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I was hoping with the new logo they would eliminate the NFL Equipment logo and just put the NFL shield on all merchandise, notably the jersey. It looked a lot better without the NFL Equipment logo, plus I'm not really sure why it is necessary for it.

I too was wishing that the NFL would take the opportunity to fix its mistake.

I too was wishing that the NFL would take the opportunity to fix its mistake.

But Gotham, how then would people know that their new Panthers cap is equipment? Some people might purchase a new Packers mesh cap thinking that it is apparel, or headwear, or even, God have mercy, merchandise. What then? What then? Why, the resulting flood of class-action litigation by people who mistakenly bought equipment thinking that they were buying memorabilia or clothing would probably bring down the entire NFL.

Why, Gotham, why do you hate football so much? B)

(Kidding, of course.)

20082614447.png

That's the new logo on the Dolphins hat isn't it?????????

the new logo has 8 starts compared to the old one

The NFL shield within the larger "NFL Equipment" logo is the updated logo, yes.

But the NFL is still using the larger, entirely redundant "NFL Equipment" logo when just the NFL logo would do. This would have been a good time to ditch the "Equipment" logo and switch to just the NFL logo, is what some are saying.

20082614447.png

not what i meant, they won't stop using that branding on their equipment line with a strong competitor in the market making similar types of performance apparel. The NFL/Reebok still need to call out that this is their performance line. Using the equipment lock-up is the way they have always done it. I'm not saying I like the mark, it's just what they use.

Archived