Baltimore on Orioles Road Jerseys?

BaltimoreFan

I read alot on this Orioles message board. There are some guys on there that claim to have an inside source in the warehouse (O's front office). I think for the most part they are legit, but its hard to call alot of baseball moves in advance (although they've gotten a few a couple hours before the media). Anyway one of the insiders posted something interesting about the uniforms today:

Baltimore finally going.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Uniforms? It is being discussed and may finally happen. Stay tuned...

I know it was supposed to happen last year. A local radio station "scooped" the story and bashed Angelos for not releasing it himself (when all teams wait until the offseason anyway). Then when the deadline pasted it was confirmed that the O's never submitted the paperwork.

Anyhow, here's the link to the full thread: http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/sho...ead.php?t=61915

Any of our insiders have any information they can share?

I hope you're right Baltimorefan, despite being a Mets fan living in NY I went to college in Baltimore and have been very interested in following this topic every time it comes up. Thanks for the info and hopefully someone on here will be able to shed some more light on the situation.

mets.png

Only if they've got a new script.

The one everyone brings up is sloppy and dated.

They updated the sloppy and dated Orioles script to the very nice one they use now. If they bring Baltimore back, they need to do the same.

Something like.... this? :P

GFB, your script is great, except for the a. The way it connects, it looks too much like an o.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

GFB, your script is great, except for the a. The way it connects, it looks too much like an o.

And the B. The B is too similar to the style of the Nats' W than to the style of the Orioles' O. But in general, this is a good demonstration of what the Orioles road script should look like. Fingers crossed that Old Man Warehouse pulls the trigger this time.

20082614447.png

Fingers crossed that Old Man Warehouse pulls the trigger this time.

Agreed. Now that he seems to have realized that he needs to let his baseball people run that part of the operations, these P.R. issues carry a little more meaning for me. Doing this would be an extremely easy way to reach out to a large number of disgruntled fans.

That being said, and while it pains me to sound like I am defending Peter Angelos, I want to point out that he did not remove "Baltimore" from the road jerseys even though he is often blamed for it. While he has had over 15 years to restore "Baltimore" to the road jerseys, the decision to remove it in the first place was made by Jerry Hoffberger in 1972 (or maybe 1973 -- I don't feel like looking it up), immediately after the Senators moved to Texas.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Only if they've got a new script.

Ah, even the old script is better than keeping "Orioles" on the roads.

Not really.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Since they've already played on the road this year and still have the same uniforms, wouldn't this already be proven wrong, or are they now just being hopeful for next year?

It's about next year. The deadline to submit changes for the 2009 season is May 31st. So if there going to do it there probably are discussions about it going on in the front office now.

Wiki is mostly right. The Orioles front office is located there. However, at least as of last year, there were also some non-Orioles offices at the southern end of the Warehouse (i.e., the part that extends beyond the edge of the stadium). I'm not sure if they're still there now.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Wiki is mostly right.

That's usually a safe thing to say.

In this case, I don't think it specifies that the team facilities take up the entire building, only that the team has some offices there.

Fun fact Wiki doesn't tell you: The infield dirt and warning-track surface are custom mixtures that match, as closely as possible given the different media, the color of the warehouse. Per the Old Man in the Warehouse's personal instructions. According to the head groundskeeper, a really charismatic woman who spoke at the local SABR convention this year, Angelos is a bit of a micromanager when it comes to the aesthetics of the park and the field. (My words, not hers; she had nothing but positive things to say about her boss, but a lot of her stories involved getting a call from Angelos with questions about remarkably trivial details that you'd think a guy in his position wouldn't have time to notice.)

Matching the dirt and warning track are a real pain, apparently, involving grinding quantities of warehouse bricks into fine powder by hand.

20082614447.png

Fun fact Wiki doesn't tell you: The infield dirt and warning-track surface are custom mixtures that match, as closely as possible given the different media, the color of the warehouse.

That's really cool. If you can find a source for it on the web, add it to the wiki article.

And the B. The B is too similar to the style of the Nats' W than to the style of the Orioles' O. But in general, this is a good demonstration of what the Orioles road script should look like. Fingers crossed that Old Man Warehouse pulls the trigger this time.

Yeah, I fixed the a.... I just never got around to posting it...

Orioles-script.png

Archived