Madden 09 Cover Athlete Revealed!

Audiodrama

They already killed the curse by having a garbage player on the cover (Vince Young, Madden NFL 08). He couldn't get much worse, and he didn't have anything to lose. Staying relatively injury-free is his only accomplishment. They killed the curse by setting the bar so low.

Also, could someone post anything of Madden (NOT Frank Caliendo) admiring Favre? I think it's a stereotype that, like Caliendo's stale, unflinching brand of "humor," is overly hyped and exaggerated.

Great pick for the 20th anniversary if you ask me. Besides, what do most Madden games do? THEY PICK ONE OF THE STANDOUT PLAYERS OF THE PREVIOUS YEAR. Whether Favre is retired or not is irrelevant. He is on the cover because of his accomplishments last year.

Jeez, someone needs to take a furkin' sedative.

It's. Just. A. Game.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep in mind that Madden 09 will be the 20th anniversary edition of the Madden series. Perhaps that's why EA Sports decided to go old-school this time.

That made sense but I thought that they would have a player like a JOE MONTANA or WALTER PAYTON on the cover.

BTW...

I put a $20 deposit on MADDEN 09 XX EDITIONS today and can't wait to get it. It's going to be the best $90 that I have spent.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

I don't see what the problem is. Favre is undoubtedly one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game, he's never been on the cover of Madden (I don't think), and this kills the whole Madden curse thing. If you ask me it takes care of two problems, it kills the curse and honors a HOF guy who deserves a good send off.

Unless he falls off his tractor. :D

If he's never been on the cover, why does he deserve it now?

I don't have a problem with Favre; it's the ridiculous media worship. If Madden was Roger Goodell, every player in the league would be required to wear #4 this season. If Madden was President, he'd probably replace the blue field of stars on the flag with Favre's likeness. :rolleyes:

He was a great QB and a fun player to watch but he also made some plays in critical games that were so terrible that a rookie QB would have been ripped for them. Nobody seems to remember or care about that stuff.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Intrestingly Favre will be a free agent in the game, allowing players to sign him to any team that they so choose.

Favre will be a Falcon, woot!

Also anyone else find it interesting how EA Sports is going with the exact same wordmark for 09 as they did in 08. I dont think they have ever done that.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

If you're too old to believe in Santa Claus, you're too old to believe in curses.

try telling Chicago Cubs fans that!!!

We know there's no curse, just outright futility.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Jeez, someone needs to take a furkin' sedative.

It's. Just. A. Game.

Why are you quoting just me? I was responding to someone else's comments. I know it's a game, but people are very insulting to someone who has had a legendary career, and they are that way for no reason.

Just for that, I'm not voting for #3... just kidding, you know I am.

Injury Update

Coach McCarthy, the Packers have too few quarterbacks. What would you like to do?

User sign player

CPU sign player

User fly to Kiln and talk Favre out of retirement.

On a side note, is this the first athlete to appear on the cover of two games made by different companies? Favre was on QB Club's cover, maybe even twice.

Wow. Thanks. I had just forgotten that atrocious game ever existed.

On a side note, is this the first athlete to appear on the cover of two games made by different companies? Favre was on QB Club's cover, maybe even twice.

Know what's more amazing than that? Glen Rice was on the cover of Konami's late 90's NBA game twice. Glen Rice!

EDIT:

And here you go:

PS2-NFL-GameDay-2002.gifmcnabbmaddencover.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

And more:

nfl_gameday_2001_frontcover_large_W92r5JED31pYHTB.jpg256px-Madden2003Box.jpg

Madden%202007.jpga3.jpg

Wrong Madden. Eddie George was on Madden 2001.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Yeah, so? The original question was if an athlete had been on covers for two different companies. I don't it's possible for the same guy to be on two different covers in the same year.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yeah, so? The original question was if an athlete had been on covers for two different companies. I don't it's possible for the same guy to be on two different covers in the same year.

In the second example you have Shawn Alexander in Madden 07 but Eddie George in the Gamebreaker game.

madden01_cover_300.jpg

saBS.png

In the second example you have Shawn Alexander in Madden 07 but Eddie George in the Gamebreaker game.

madden01_cover_300.jpg

Oh. Right. I'm an idiot.

I was thinking of this:

NCAA_Football_2001_Coverart.jpg

George works in this formulation, but Alexander doesn't.

So both Carmelo Anthony and Shaun Alexander have been on the college and pro versions of video games from one company of their respective sports. Any others?

So both Carmelo Anthony and Shaun Alexander have been on the college and pro versions of video games from one company of their respective sports. Any others?

Interesting question:

NBA:

Carmelo Anthony was on NBA Live 2005, March Madness 2004, and also NBA Street Homecourt.

B00009X3UY.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Steve Francis

g11485wc25o.jpg198107_42596.jpg

^I think those are right. No bigger picture, sorry.

Tim Duncan

g01747lu36l.jpgMarchMadness1998_thm.jpg

Archived