Your guilty pleasure band

JQK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought of another one: Maroon 5. I have never had a song stuck in my head for five days in a row after listening to it once, but that happened when I heard "This Love." It's completely outside of what I normally listen to (which, if you've been paying attention, is metal), but somehow, it's very entertaining to listen to.

For me, it's Blondie.

blondie, by no means, should be considered a guilty pleasure....they were a true pioneer in music, be it new wave, rap, or rap/rock crossover.

I too dig on Blondie... ABBA too...

And yes, "Maroon 5 - Harder To Breath" was stuck in my head for about 3 months.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I thought of another one: Maroon 5. I have never had a song stuck in my head for five days in a row after listening to it once, but that happened when I heard "This Love." It's completely outside of what I normally listen to (which, if you've been paying attention, is metal), but somehow, it's very entertaining to listen to.

I did the same thing with that song.  It's convinced me I need to get their album (adding to an already long virtual list of things I should buy).  I liked "Harder to Breather," for sure, but "This Love" is OUTSTANDING.

Latest song virus to enter my head, and this one's a tad obscure, is Damien Rice's "Cannonball."

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I was gonna put Maroon 5, but I thought ABBA was more embarassing.

I've always been a fan of power trios (guitar,bass,drums)

from Nirvana to Cream. I like-a de weezer too.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

I'm in high school right now, and a lot of my peers would probably look down on that kind of music.

Welcome to my world uni, well most if not all have any idea what the heck I listen to but (some have heard of Joe Jackson), they still look down at it. Still, as long as we are happy thats all that matters! Keep it real,

Evan :)

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

Oh wait.. i do have one guilty pleasure band i didn't mention... me and everyone at my college radio station became hated for it too...

t.A.T.u.

Ohhhh man... i can feel the flames a-coming :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm not ashamed, but I've taken some slack for having more than my share of Allman Brothers albums.

the long-hair bands of the 70s knew how to groove it out. we have a "deep cuts" album rock station that plays rares and B-sides only from similar era bands.  for me, it's a good change from my everyday tunes.

...and JB, the Godfather of Soul is da king anyway you slice it.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Oh wait.. i do have one guilty pleasure band i didn't mention... me and everyone at my college radio station became hated for it too...

t.A.T.u.

Maybe they hated you because it was a radio station and not a tv station  :laugh:

I'm in high school right now, and a lot of my peers would probably look down on that kind of music.

Welcome to my world uni, well most if not all have any idea what the heck I listen to but (some have heard of Joe Jackson), they still look down at it. Still, as long as we are happy thats all that matters! Keep it real,

Evan :)

Do you want to talk about people not having any idea what you listen to? Just two days a go someone asked me what kind of music I listen to. I said 80s music, and they thought that the Beatles were in the 80s.

t.A.T.u.

Maybe they hated you because it was a radio station and not a tv station :laugh:

Ha! ha!

Seriously though, I have admit I actually like the song, "All the Things She Said"

Anyone mentioned Elvis?

I saw, I came, I left.

Oh, yeah, I suppose this is a good place to confess that I not only own a couple albums from a certain artist, but I've seen them live once, and enjoyed it.

The artist, you ask?

Meat Loaf.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived