Rebranding the NHL: Tampa Bay Lightning

GFB

The problem with it imitating a 'sun' is that they are the Lightning. As far as my K-12 education taught me.....the sun don't shine when theres lightning out. I guess one could use their imagination and con notate the sun being relevant to the city of Tampa Bay. But...it's kind of a stretch.

Or now that I think about it, it could be like yes, Florida is known for its beautiful Sunny weather....but here comes the hockey team, bringing Lightning to the ice.

Or something along those lines.

Umm... heat lightning? :P

lol, it could be a compass, a sun, a pineapple, or whatever makes the most sense to you....

Haha. I also realized that you don't use the tertiary anywhere on the uniforms. I guess thats ok.

But, I think you could def use the other zeus head for this concept too...just the head. It'd still look cool, maybe even cooler than this mercury guy you got here. But who knows

What I love:

The home and secondary logos and the wordmark.

What I think is good:

The white, road, jersey.

What I don't like so much:

The home and third jerseys. I don't like the home because I don't like how much silver it has on it. If you were to swap the silver and white on it I'd probably like it. As for the third, I don't have any good c&c as I just don't like the design.

What I hate:

The tertiary logo. I just don't think it works.

Awesome. Why don't you show them the other zeus head man!?!? That one was crucial.

Did I miss something? Is there another version of that logo?

Just found this.

Ian- I never got a chance to finish the body on that one. I may show the head a little later.

(For the rest of you, it was a last second effort at a Zeus image that just didn't make the cut...)

Matt, you should show this Zeus logo and see what everyone thinks. I would really like to see it as I'm sure everyone would.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind what the Lightning have now, other than their bland, template based jerseys.

What you've designed is much better than what they're currently using by far. The lightning bolt in the primary is perfect, and looks nicer than any of Tampa Bay's past logos.

The home and road designs are good, though I agree with capn89 when it comes to the home jersey's striping: it might look better if the white and silver are swapped around.

As for the third, I like the use of the TB logo as the crest, and blue as the primary colour, though I personally feel that the striping's a bit weird. That's all I can say, really.

Overall, brilliant concept! Can't wait to see the next in the series! :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived