New Brand Concept

gordie_delini

So I have an interview with an ad agency in Montana next week, and their current brand is...well...I'll just say there's a lens flare effect in there....

Anyway, I've been working on this for the last couple of days and wanted to see what y'all thought

Picture8.png

Business Card:

CynergyBusCard2.png

Letterhead:

CynergyLetterhead.png

Envelopes:

CynergyEnvelope.png

OD_Signature.jpg

It's rendered nicely, but I have two big critiques. First, it looks like the Windows Vista effect. And by that I mean the little wispy line thing that shows up in the corner of file windows. I'm assuming that if you're a graphic designer, then you're on a Mac, so you have no idea what I'm talking about. However, fellow Vista users will understand.

The second thing is that a lot of people have vertigo -- more than you would think All those lines like that might make people dizzy, and I don't think you want that. The colors and main logo themselves are nice, but the line effect needs some work.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's rendered nicely, but I have two big critiques. First, it looks like the Windows Vista effect. And by that I mean the little wispy line thing that shows up in the corner of file windows. I'm assuming that if you're a graphic designer, then you're on a Mac, so you have no idea what I'm talking about. However, fellow Vista users will understand.

The second thing is that a lot of people have vertigo -- more than you would think All those lines like that might make people dizzy, and I don't think you want that. The colors and main logo themselves are nice, but the line effect needs some work.

those lines are old as the hills. i think in this case they work fine. vista didnt come up with them.

and i have no idea how the lines themselves will make people dizzy, or induce a fear of height?

i really like the whole concept except for one part: the envelope. to me, it looks tacky and cheap. i know you were probably trying to go for something different and unique, but it just screams "unprofessional" to me. having a big use of color on an envelope reminds me of the Ad-by-mail ValuPack that is sent out to random mailboxes with local coupons and what not.

other than that, i do like the design and business card especially.

those lines are old as the hills. i think in this case they work fine. vista didnt come up with them.

and i have no idea how the lines themselves will make people dizzy, or induce a fear of height?

Right. I've seen the lines before, but I had a window open just them. And the lines make me dizzy. Again, some people are affected in different ways.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm not a fan of this, but really for only two reasons.

First and foremost, this would prove REALLY expensive to reproduce, something that if I were a client would immediately turn me away from the design.

Second, but perhaps equally important, there are no secondary marks which are inexpensive to reproduce. The "C" as a stand-alone graphic doesn't seem to exist, and frankly that's something I'd use as a primary rather than the full-length banner with the wavy lines and gradients and what-not.

nav-logo.png

Mac, I'd have to disagree with you about the reproduction on the printing for these materials. If the runs were high enough quantity, and were run 4-color process, the production costs wouldn't be terrible. Rounding corners wouldn't be bad either. The only expensive thing might be the flap printing on the envelope, which I'm reconsidering anyway.

As far as presenting this to the company, there ain't no way I'd do that - I have no intention of offending a potential employer; this was merely a practice exercise for me.

OD_Signature.jpg

Love the business card, hate the large blocks of color on the letterhead and envelope. Go with the stand-alone C on those items and maybe use the lines as a positive element instead of reversed out from the redorange gradient. Use the lines sparingly, if at all, on the letterhead and envelope. And no, Mac, it would not be expensive or difficult to reproduce in any format except embroidery. Even then, the gradients and fine lines are getting more and more available as technology improves. It would be printed using either 4 color process or with three spot colors (the orange and the red (blended in a fine screen) and the black)

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm completely with AH on this one. I love the bid'niss card....I'm assuming it's the standard size horizontally. The only thing I'm not sure of is, if someone puts it in their wallet, is the card high enough to peek over the pockets inside the wallet? I'm hoping you're rounding the corners of the letterhead, since it's on the card, and, well, I like rounded corners on letterheads. On the letterhead, I'm not feeling the big bar of color at the top. I was gonna suggest leaving the lines off, but I think AH's idea to reverse out the lines in orange/red might look nice. For the envelope, I'd just leave it as is on the front, leave the back alone.

Great start. In general, I like it a lot.

I'm diggin' the update, although I'm curious how the letterhead would look with orange/red lines, rather than black. Also, what about centering the "C" on the address and such on the envelope?

I would take this for my corporate brand in a second. The logo is genious with the two "C's" (Cynergy Creative) and the way they play off eachother (in synergy). Its color provides a really effective contrast to the monochrome of the rest of the letterhead, and it is effectively balanced by the address on the right side. I am no graphic design student or professional, so if even I can see these qualities in this it must be pretty dang good.

-LT

Def. better, though I'd shrink all the elements a little bit because I like a quieter letterhead. Sue me. Will the rounded corners on the envelope prohibit a rectangular piece of paper from fitting inside properly? Is there even a practical way to make an envelope with four rounded corners? Just a few things to think about.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Will the rounded corners on the envelope prohibit a rectangular piece of paper from fitting inside properly? Is there even a practical way to make an envelope with four rounded corners? Just a few things to think about.

I'm pretty sure those are just elements of his template. :D

Will the rounded corners on the envelope prohibit a rectangular piece of paper from fitting inside properly? Is there even a practical way to make an envelope with four rounded corners? Just a few things to think about.

I'm pretty sure not.

I'm pretty sure not.

He doesn't show any crop marks on the envelope. I assume the white space outside the rounded rectangle is part of the envelope too.

LT

Archived