Twins in sleevless jerseys

winghaz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, but I prefer the modern cut of vests (about the only thing I prefer in modern uniforms). Doesn't need to look like they took their suit jackets off to play ball....

Fair enough. Perhaps one reason I dislike the current versions is because I get the feeling that since the modern cut line is exactly where the sleeves normally would attach... that this is just the cheapest way to manufacture them (i.e. so they use the same torso pattern for both sleeved and vest). Anyway, I was wondering - when the Reds revived the sleeveless jersey look some 10 or whatever years ago - did they use the wide cut or the old narrow cut?

LT

I for one am still waiting for the Twins to wear the road blue alt. My fav Twins jersey but they have worn all gray so far this year on the road.

If these are the ones you're talking about, then I'm with you. I only wish the navy on their hats matched the navy on their jerseys (I still think they need to switch to New Era's lighter shade of navy for their hats (e.g., Indians and Brewers) instead of the midnight that they currently have (same textile color as the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Braves, Cardinals).

pMLB2-2765042dt.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

A second vote for wearing caps and jerseys that don't clash like stripes and plaid.

Given the complete mess the Twins have made of their uniforms this decade -- a real tragedy, since 10 years ago the Twins had one of the cleanest, best uniforms in all of baseball -- maybe it's time for another top-to-bottom overhaul when they move into their new ballpark. As much as I like the look of the road alt jersey on its own, it's an absolute crap element of the Twins overall uniform. As has been pointed out, it doesn't match the color of the caps. The gray pinstriped pants don't go with it, either. The red piping is nice, but it doesn't match any other element of the non-alt uniform. It may be a beautiful jersey on its own, but until the Twins overhaul the entire rest of their uniform, it should never, ever be worn on the field of play. Which is too bad, because the team whose uniforms matched this jersey would be a good-looking team.

20082614447.png

A second vote for wearing caps and jerseys that don't clash like stripes and plaid.

Given the complete mess the Twins have made of their uniforms this decade -- a real tragedy, since 10 years ago the Twins had one of the cleanest, best uniforms in all of baseball -- maybe it's time for another top-to-bottom overhaul when they move into their new ballpark. As much as I like the look of the road alt jersey on its own, it's an absolute crap element of the Twins overall uniform. As has been pointed out, it doesn't match the color of the caps. The gray pinstriped pants don't go with it, either. The red piping is nice, but it doesn't match any other element of the non-alt uniform. It may be a beautiful jersey on its own, but until the Twins overhaul the entire rest of their uniform, it should never, ever be worn on the field of play. Which is too bad, because the team whose uniforms matched this jersey would be a good-looking team.

I asked Dave St. Peter last year if they were planning on doing anything with the logos/unis for the new park, and he said at this time they feel they are classics and may not be touched, so take that for what it's worth.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Twins have not worn the red hats since 2006 when Carlos Silva wore them with the vests.

Yep, that blue alt. is the one I am talking about. Just love the thing. In fact, I am wearing my Morneau one to work tomorrow (I live and work in Chicago, so I want to rile up the White Sox fans).

It would be nice if the cap matched the blue alt. jerseys. Maybe the Twins can just tweak the colors of the hat to make it match. I do like the Twins unis overall and am glad they seem to want to keep them (esp. after spending a lot of money on my customized jerseys).

Ballwonk-but remember 10 years ago the Twins had the red "Dairy Queen" jersey as the home alt. jersey. I am sure someone could post it again on here (don't have the pic saved here at work).

The only wore them once and lost. ESPN guys made fun of them so the Twins buried them fast.

I didnt know teams took what idiot ESPN commentators said so seriously..... if all athletes respected everything ESPN said then sports would be pretty boring..... and the Hawks wouldnt have even tried against the Celtics

If the Twins were to change their uniforms, I think they would look cool with their team name written across the chest in red cursive lettering for both home and road, just like the way it was from the1970's to mid 1980's without the pinstripes and the roads would be grey. Navy piping around the sleeves and down the chest like their current alternates with the navy cap with the"TC" logo to accompany it would be great. A navy alternate jersey with "Twins" written in red cursive lettering with red piping around the sleeves would look neat. It's time for a complete uniform overhaul for the Twins.

What was it with old Ted Kluszewski anyway? He seems like a real showboat who missed his calling in the WWE by being born too soon.

Ive actually read about this in a few different baseball books, one account even being in a Mickey Mantle biography. If you didnt notice already, Ted's arms were quite huge. So big infact, that when he tried a sleeved jersey on, it restrained his arms. So the Reds had sleeveless jerseys made just for him and as for the undershirt, I believe that restrained his arms as well so he cut the sleeves off. It wasnt because he was showboating, it's becaue basically he had to so the circulation wouldnt be cut off in his arms.

As for the topic, I actually like this look alot for the Twins. I think it's a sharp look in my opinion.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

The only wore them once and lost. ESPN guys made fun of them so the Twins buried them fast.

I didnt know teams took what idiot ESPN commentators said so seriously..... if all athletes respected everything ESPN said then sports would be pretty boring..... and the Hawks wouldnt have even tried against the Celtics

The Twins actually wore that red jersey more than once. But they lost just about every time they wore them, so they ditched the unis.

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Does anyone here have any connections to MLB teams like the Twins? I am very curious to know why the Twins have seemingly ditched the blue alts so far this year. Boof Bonser picked the home blue alts twice earlier in the year, but has worn the white jerseys since. The road blue alts have not been seen at all.

I emailed a Twins sportswriter who was worthless in his response. He just paraphrased my comment about the started picking the jersey for each game. I wanna know when I can see the blue!!

What was it with old Ted Kluszewski anyway? He seems like a real showboat who missed his calling in the WWE by being born too soon.

Ive actually read about this in a few different baseball books, one account even being in a Mickey Mantle biography. If you didnt notice already, Ted's arms were quite huge. So big infact, that when he tried a sleeved jersey on, it restrained his arms. So the Reds had sleeveless jerseys made just for him and as for the undershirt, I believe that restrained his arms as well so he cut the sleeves off. It wasnt because he was showboating, it's becaue basically he had to so the circulation wouldnt be cut off in his arms.

As for the topic, I actually like this look alot for the Twins. I think it's a sharp look in my opinion.

That is beyond absurd. You're saying that he had the biggest arms in the world? That they couldn't make a jersey / undershirt big enough for his guns? Seriously - I don't care if he had 24" pythons, ain't no way he couldn't wear at least an undershirt if he wanted to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived