PETA wants Eight Belles jockey suspended

Dilbert

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should we retroactively suspend Barbaro's jockey while we are at it?

What if the jockeys were robots like they use in the Middle East? How do you punish a robot?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I get that PETA doesn't like horse racing, that I understand and don't mind at all espcially after reading this.

http://www.thestar.com/article/420982

But demanding to suspend the jockey about something he really could not prevent? That's a stretch.

What if the jockeys were robots like they use in the Middle East? How do you punish a robot?

Use vegetable oil instead of motor oil?

I saw, I came, I left.

Can we suspend PETA?

That would be the greatest thing on earth. :D

Actually, I think the opposite should happen because without people like them, we would not have a reason to make fun of someone.

I saw, I came, I left.

I get that PETA doesn't like horse racing, that I understand and don't mind at all espcially after reading this.

http://www.thestar.com/article/420982

The resources a horse burns up will interfere with biofuel production. It's better for all of us that they're turned into steaks or processed into dog food. (j/k)

But demanding to suspend the jockey about something he really could not prevent? That's a stretch.

Use vegetable oil instead of motor oil?

Oil doping suspension will ruin the sport. :P

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Whats next, the Denver Broncos being renamed "The Denver Turd Sandwhiches"?

Oh wait...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Oil doping suspension will ruin the sport. :P

[confused Luddite]HQ619 was using synthetic oil!?!? The horror! Put an Asterisk next to everything he's done since the day he was manufactured![/confused Luddite]

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

PETA is a joke, nobody wants the horse they ride or train to get hurt, its too valuable.

I agree with Tank to a point. PETA, like a lot of things, is good intentions gone way overboard. They need to rein it in. When an animal advocate like me thinks PETA is nuts it might be time for them to reassess their mission. I am all for the ethical treatment of animals but these PETA people border on zealotry most of the time. Fight the fights that need to be fought. These horses are worth a lot of money. I highly doubt that anyone involved is purposely and maliciously mistreating them.

BB52Big.jpg

Y'know what... it's a sport. It's as simple as that. People and horses are going to get hurt. It's a part of the sport. The sad part is that with the horses, it's magnified. What's as simple as a broken ankle can turn into a life-threatening situation because of its affect on the horse's body.

I realize that there are unscrupulous people in the sport, but I'd like to think that the jockeys and the trainers and, especially, the owners, take great care in the horses that they work with. Unfortunately, you don't know when it's going to happen, how it's going to happen, or how bad it's going to be. And when it does, you can only do what you can.

philly.png

PETA, go to hell. I support the ASPCA.

Wait, are we talking about PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals - or the other hippie one?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Y'know what... it's a sport. It's as simple as that. People and horses are going to get hurt. It's a part of the sport. The sad part is that with the horses, it's magnified. What's as simple as a broken ankle can turn into a life-threatening situation because of its affect on the horse's body.

I realize that there are unscrupulous people in the sport, but I'd like to think that the jockeys and the trainers and, especially, the owners, take great care in the horses that they work with. Unfortunately, you don't know when it's going to happen, how it's going to happen, or how bad it's going to be. And when it does, you can only do what you can.

I think, for the most part they do as well, especially when the horse is very successful. At the same time, I think the majority of us only watch horse racing during the Triple Crown races and Breeders Cup, so what about the horses that run at your local track? Thankfully, at least, there are people that concerned about this.

PETA does need to think twice about not the message, but how they present the message. Demanding the jockey to be suspended, I think, shifts the focus away from what they are trying to get at. When I think about the Michael Vick situation, where I, and supposedly the majority of North Americans agreed with PETA to a large extent that dogfighting is wrong (otherwise, why is it illegal to begin with). However, with the way PETA protested and/or got invovled, it made many people bash them even though they generally agree with them on that topic.

I saw, I came, I left.

PETA, go to hell. I support the ASPCA.

Wait, are we talking about PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals - or the other hippie one?

The hippie one.

I'm with the other Peta, like yourself. ;)

Yeah, of course I support the other PETA. :P

Archived