OKC NBA TEAM

dbackdiehard17

I was just thinking of ideas and colors for what OKC's NBA team may look like...

I don't have a name or a primary logo yet, but I do have an idea of colors and a front of the jersey...

Just curious what you guys think...

Thanks

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t295/db...pg?t=1209965178

UPDATE:

i've been told that I need a logo before I made a jersey...

Fair enough...

I've just been working on some basic stuff, but was wondering if it was a good start...

I know it's a little rough around the edges, but I'll fix that as i go on...

I just wanted initial impressions...

Thanks...

okctornado.gif

tornadologo.jpg

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

colors look like mix of current Wizards / Old Grizzlies\

I don't like the font or style of OKC. The way they are spaced out, I don't see them as innitials for something, just as a word spelled Okc. the Suns' PHX letters are so close they read better as an abbreviation, but the way you spaced out OKC it just looks like one word spelled wrong.

Too skewed and - for lack or a better word - sloppy. And the color logo isn't really doing much for me. Sorry, not a fan.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

OKCS2.jpg

Took a few of the suggestions you guys made, and tried making some changes...

Unofrtunatley I don't know how to use the jersey template yet, so this is what I have right now...

C/C Thanks...

Personally, I don't like the brown. The text is off, too. Try making it neat and simple. Simple, sleek letters always work. The numbers just look wrong. Pick three colors that go well with each other, and work off of that.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

what exactly are you trying to do with the numbers?

I don't know about the first post, but with the revision, it appears he's going for a diamond-esque symmetry. It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it's executed to its fullest potential.

i have no idea what you are trying to do with the numbers, but STOP IT! :) Start simple and go from there....

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

OKCJersey.jpg

OKCJersey2.jpg

Whatever you're trying to do with the numbers, stop doing it. Second, what's the blue triangle looking thing in the middle of the "OK" and "City" supposed to be? Third, the "western" looking font you used for the player names on the back of the jersey isn't really working.

Simplicity is key. B)

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

Okay, so here's the newest one, in a template style...

Again, it's rough, so C/C much appreciated...

Thanks

OKCJersey.jpg

OKCJersey2.jpg

I like it. Its really not that complicated guys. Im pretty sure the colors are based on the OK state flag (correct me if im wrong). The colors and uni are unique and original (sort of resembles Wizards but not really since Wiz dont have a black jersey). There is a dash between OK and City -- and im fine with that. I like the numbering style, it gives it a sporty look. That number font alone would look very boring. Finally, the name on the back is suppost to resemble a "western"-style font (correct me if im wrong), which goes well with the OKC lifestyle.

Alright, clearly there's a little confusion with what I'm trying to do here...

1. The "Durant" font on the back is supposed to be Westernish... sort of the font you would see on old western signs

2. The "Turquoise color triangle" represents the dash between Ok(lahoma) and City... It's like when the ALL STAR GAME uses a star between All and Star

3. The numbers were supposed to look different... from what any NBA team has.

4. The design on the side is supposed to be Westernish...

5. And the logo on the back is supposed to be a tornado with a basketball at the end... like the tornado is sweeping up the basketball, sort of like Oklahoma City taking up Basketball... Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't OKC part of Tornado Alley?

So that's the clear up...

Now feed my design to the wolves, and have at... haha

C/C As Always Appreciated....

OKCS2.jpg

Took a few of the suggestions you guys made, and tried making some changes...

Unofrtunatley I don't know how to use the jersey template yet, so this is what I have right now...

C/C Thanks...

You're right. It is just an 'ok' city. Nothing special about it.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

so lightning bolts are representing both a tornado, and a "westernish" design on the side panels?

I will re-iterate- make everything simpler...use numbers that are not distorted....work on the front...make it look more like an all around design, not just a blank jersey with bolts, random logos, wierd numbers, and an '80s-ish looking wordmark on the front. start over, and make the logo package and numbers and colors and jersey design all go together. please.

Two completely different sets of EACH number from 0 to 9 is ridiculously inefficient and unnecessarily expensive during the manufacturing process. Not to mention they look horrifying... to say the least.

Wade-sig.png

Two completely different sets of EACH number from 0 to 9 is ridiculously inefficient and unnecessarily expensive during the manufacturing process. Not to mention they look horrifying... to say the least.

I dont think that argument holds much water at all. Otherwise teams would use the same font for every single thing on their uniforms.

First, squishing the numbers is affecting the legibility. It also looks silly, like a minor league team. I'm OK with the colors, but that's about it. I will only say this once.

LISTEN TO ERAY.

He does know what he is talking about. Also, the name on the back is too big and would look better in white. The logo on the back of the neck looks like clip art because it looks just slapped together. Right now it has less flow than Mark Madsen at the White House.

Hope that helps.

Archived