The Apprentice: CCSLC Edition

GFB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't believe I'm asking this, but I'm having timezone confusion. When you say the deadline is 12 AM Wednesday, that's one second after Tuesday has ended right? Feel like a right idiot here, but I'm having convert this all into GMT.

Nothing wrong with that question. Honestly, having something start or end on 12AM of any day is possibly the worst time you could choose (no offense FarmBoy)...just because it is probably the most debated time-related questions with so much confusion in it.

I have seen numerous polls and debates on the discussion...and people are always split on it. To me, 12AM Wednesday is the hour after 11PM on Wednesday...just because, in my mind, 12AM is MIDNIGHT and the night began on Wednesday and 12AM is the MIDDLE of it all.

Yet, some people will say that 12AM is the very first second in Wednesday and AM relates to the MORNING...and the start of the day, which would be Wednesday morning to them.

That is why I never ever use them like that...I had a couple of professors who did that with online assignment submissions and they would all pay dearly once 1/2 the class came in complaining.

Can't believe I'm asking this, but I'm having timezone confusion. When you say the deadline is 12 AM Wednesday, that's one second after Tuesday has ended right? Feel like a right idiot here, but I'm having convert this all into GMT.

Haha, don't feel bad. I don't even have to convert it, as I am in the eastern time zone, and I still wondered the same exact thing.

MegatronSig2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ghetto, think we need to tighten up and stop people who aren't in the contest from posting in team threads. It hasn't been too much of a problem for Prodigy (a couple of posts here and there, I've received several PMs, which is fine by me and is better than posting in the thread IMO) but I've noticed a lot of outsiders are posting in Optimus' thread. It could be an unfair advantage or even hurt teams, and it's against the rules, and just getting out of hand. Just thought I'd voice my opinion.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Ghetto, think we need to tighten up and stop people who aren't in the contest from posting in team threads. It hasn't been too much of a problem for Prodigy (a couple of posts here and there, I've received several PMs, which is fine by me and is better than posting in the thread IMO) but I've noticed a lot of outsiders are posting in Optimus' thread. It could be an unfair advantage or even hurt teams, and it's against the rules, and just getting out of hand. Just thought I'd voice my opinion.

I'll try my best to get it under control, but it is tough to control thousands of viewers that roam this forum. I think the most viable solution is to post reminders at the beginning of each thread just stating that only contestants are allowed to post, unless otherwise prompted to... other than that, I would just ignore them. If it developes into a more serious situation, I'll intercede for you to the Mods...

I'm looking forward to the presentations in roughly 33 hours! The Board and I will be ready to go then...

Archived