The Apprentice: CCSLC Edition

GFB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record; I would love to be a part of this, but I will be doing a lot of traveling in the next couple weeks, and will be far too busy to check in a lot and make an honest attempt at this contest. I will check in whenever I can and see whats going on with this because it sounds like a great idea and it looks like it will be executed well. Good luck everyone.

elliot - Don't think of this simply as a logo making contest. All aspects of design will be incorporated into the challenges, not just designing logos...

And that goes for everyone, don't be afraid of applying! Even if you think your stuff is just alright, that's why there are teams and not individuals, to improve the quality of the concepts!

Right now, I only have 7 applications. So unless I get some more applications, this contest may never get off the ground...

The Board will be revealed soon...

ccslcapprentice@yahoo.com

does it have to be a sports logo or sports related concept for the application...or just any design work we feel proud of that shows some skill?

Any design work.

elliot - Don't think of this simply as a logo making contest. All aspects of design will be incorporated into the challenges, not just designing logos...

And that goes for everyone, don't be afraid of applying! Even if you think your stuff is just alright, that's why there are teams and not individuals, to improve the quality of the concepts!

Right now, I only have 7 applications. So unless I get some more applications, this contest may never get off the ground...

The Board will be revealed soon...

ccslcapprentice@yahoo.com

In that case, I would like to apply, but I cannot as I will be away from my computer the majority of the next 2 months and I would only be a hinderance.

Just an update on how things are progressing....

- The application deadline will be pushed back a week. The Board isn't coming together as quickly as I'd like, so why cut short the deadline if we aren't ready to begin the contest in the first place?

- Here is the list of people I have recieved applications from:

williamrhys

chestnutz6

Sgoalie19

Lets_Go_Red

Jake22

ColaCock

FKAKrock5cent

SG30

bruschimania

josh_cat_eyes

As you can see, if the deadline were to expire today, we wouldn't have enough participants... and if you thought you applied but do not see your name in the list above, then please resend your entry to ccslcapprentice@yahoo.com

Let's go people! I want to participate in this..

Same. I really want to participate. I think it'd be great experience and help me a lot as a designer.

I think you can do this with any even number of contestants...as long as its over 10.

Just a suggestion but I'd give it a few more days and cap it at the last even number. Its too good of an idea to not go through with it.

Hopefully it'll be better than the Graphic Design Bootcamp....

:P

Just an update on how things are progressing....

- The application deadline will be pushed back a week. The Board isn't coming together as quickly as I'd like, so why cut short the deadline if we aren't ready to begin the contest in the first place?

- Here is the list of people I have recieved applications from:

williamrhys

chestnutz6

Sgoalie19

Lets_Go_Red

Jake22

ColaCock

FKAKrock5cent

SG30

bruschimania

josh_cat_eyes

As you can see, if the deadline were to expire today, we wouldn't have enough participants... and if you thought you applied but do not see your name in the list above, then please resend your entry to ccslcapprentice@yahoo.com

Come on guys, there is alot more amazing artists out there than the people on the list!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Come on guys, there is alot more amazing artists out there than the people on the list!

The problem isn't the number of designers that we have on these boards. However, I believe that not everyone can be available for the duration of the contest. I won't enter since I don't know if I'll be able to participate the whole time.

Don't get me wrong. I think this is a great idea for a contest! But I think that asking everyone to participate over a long lapse of time might restrain some users from participating.

As Pat said, I hope you'll still consider going forth with an even number of contestants. I think I'm as curious as everyone to see how this'll go.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived