Fixing the Ravens logo

rcb05

Alright, so today I decided to see what I could do with the Ravens logo. It always seemed like a logo that had the potential to be really good, but it always struck me as unintimidating, and just kinda there. So here is my attempt. I've put it side by side with the old logo for comparison.

(Also, apologogies for it not being the cleanest logo ever. If someone wanted to vectorize it for me, that would be fantastic!)

- Changed the angle so the raven is looking slighly upward, not downward

- Finished off the bottom of the "B"

- Shortened the back end of the logo

- God rid of some of the shadowing (unnecessary)

- Gave the eye a more agressive look

- Made the beak more angular at the end

EDIT: Here you can see the original logo, and the progression of my logo.

318.gif

ravens.png

ravens2.png

ravens3.png

I like the bird turned at the angle - the color concept is too dark - nice try though.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Look's too jagged on the outline. Put they red eye back in there, first off it makes the bird look more fierce and its a tribute to the maryland flag. I dont like the angle you have it at because it makes it look like the bird is drowning or gasping for air or something. I think if a bird profile logo is looking up it takes away from the aggressiveness of the bird esp. for a football team. Not to mention birds are in the sky so it doesnt make sense for them too look up like that.

There original is much better.

Thanks for being so constructive with your criticism ;)

But in all seriousness, is it the coloring that makes it worse? That's the main thing I struggled with.

To be honest, the C&C I'd give would be to just change it back....or make a new logo altogether.

Baloney, to everyone who said it was much worse. It's not a great fix, but it's a little bit better than what they have--which IMO is the worst current logo in the NFL.

I would say that the red needs to go back into the eye, though.

I agree this is a great fix up. i would love to see this in action!

I don't think it's MUCH worse like many of you are saying. But I really don't think there's enough of a change to the logo to consider it any better than the current logo. It looks like more of a lateral move for me.

gYH2mW9.png

See, here's the problem with tilting the bird upwards. The B in the original? It's designed to be horizontal. When you tilt the head up without changing the B, it looks like......well, that you took a logo and accidentally skewed it upwards. This doesn't work at all for me.

Archived