A Lil WTF with Rauman Lukko+Phoinex Coyotes

socal_sharks_fan

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong topic.

Its the Rauman Lukko (SM-Liiga) Logo and on the Coyotes Jersey,with the lettering...

z6ss4wy23ma52jxuz9e7.gif

All you did was take a logo that belongs to some other team, recolor it, throw a wordmark above it (a preexisting wordmark, nonetheless), and but both on a jersey that you took from the main site.

For comparison, here's what you started with:

z6ss4wy23ma52jxuz9e7.gif

Basically, you changed nothing and, for the few things that you did change, you took logos that already existed. To make matters worse, you misspelled Phoenix. I give you an F.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Its the Rauman Lukko (SM-Liiga) Logo and on the Coyotes Jersey,with the lettering...

z6ss4wy23ma52jxuz9e7.gif

All you did was take a logo that belongs to some other team, recolor it, throw a wordmark above it (a preexisting wordmark, nonetheless), and but both on a jersey that you took from the main site.

z6ss4wy23ma52jxuz9e7.gif

Basically, you changed nothing and, for the few things that you did change, you took logos that already existed. To make matters worse, you misspelled Phoenix. I give you an F.

Your an :censored:! Yes that is what he did. But it is a good idea and something worth sharing!! You are the first person to complain about this. Why cant you be posotive like everyone else here?????? This guy had a good idea and decided to share it with people who might care. If you dont like it don't say anything!

On the topic. I like it. nice and simple and i think it turned out good.

z6ss4wy23ma52jxuz9e7.gif

z6ss4wy23ma52jxuz9e7.gif

Your an :censored:! Yes that is what he did. But it is a good idea and something worth sharing!! You are the first person to complain about this. Why cant you be posotive like everyone else here?????? This guy had a good idea and decided to share it with people who might care. If you dont like it don't say anything!

I hate to be a poop, but I agree with koizim. The FAQ states that a general rule for posting a concept is you should take at least 15 minutes on it, and for good reason. I mean, is this really a concept? No, it's not. And no I'm not just saying this cause you're "noobs" or whatever, it's just a good idea to put a little more effort in than just slap current logos/wordmarks on a current jersey and take one stab with the paint bucket and call it original. Sure it may look okay, but koizim has a point.

And what the hell is the point of C&C if there is no (deserved) criticism and all we do is gush compliments?

Hey, he should be thankful he didn't add slashes to all his apostrophies. (BY ACCIDENT! :P)

Hey man, I'm not trying to be a d*ck here, but I really don't think it's that radical to say this concept isn't really ground-breaking stuff. In all fairness, it's just some weird looking fox/coyote head pasted on a jersey from CC. Now I don't know what Rauman Lukko is, so maybe my opinion isn't the most accurate, but I don't think this "concept" is the a good idea worth showing off. However, it did seem like it was just a joke, rather than something serious. Which is cool, but then there's a whole another argument in whether these boards should be used for quick laughs. I don't know, I'm just not sure that koizim comments were that off base. Was he harsh, yeah, but I think his point has merit. I don't think he was just trying to be an a-hole, you know? And don't bug out, I'm really not trying to "come at" anyone. Ok, that's all I got, haha.

*And that was directed toward Jake22, not you Gingerbread, sorry I posted like a minute after you*

z6ss4wy23ma52jxuz9e7.gif

z6ss4wy23ma52jxuz9e7.gif

It's called comments & criticism for a reason. <_<

Plus, seeing as how before I posted, only three other people had said anything (socal_sharks_fan, the designer, korbyn, who gave no opinion and posted his own concept, and demon8, who commented on korbyn's concept, not the one that this thread is about), while I was the first to criticize, I was also the first person to talk about the damn concept in the first place! Quite honestly, I have no idea what kind of forum you think this is but not everyone here is going to say that :censored: smells like roses when, in fact, it smells like :censored:. Not every concept deserves praise just as not every Little Leaguer deserves a trophy. Also, this was a terrible idea that he (socal_sharks_fan) admittedly didn't spend much time on.

But please feel free to go back to your little fantasy land where no criticizes anything.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

If you dont like it don't say anything!

Number One on the List of the Worst Advice of All Time. Number 1a: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." It contradicts the entire philosophy behind self-improvement, progress and democracy.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Now, before you go off on an attack on someone for calling a spade a spade, it would be of great benefit to proofread before posting. Case in point:

You're an :censored: ! Yes, that is what he did. But, it is a good idea and something worth sharing! You are the first person to complain about this. Why can't you be positive like everyone else here? This guy had a good idea and decided to share it with people who might care. If you don't like it, don't say anything!

On the topic, I like it. Nice and simple, and I think it turned out well.

/grammar nazi

Now, in terms of the concept, I see no value in taking a preexisting logo from another source and slapping it on an uniform. Seeing as how it would never be legally possible, and how it is plagiarism to one extent or another, I'm not for it.

VmWIn6B.png

yes but constructive criticism is helpful. his was just a rant about everything he did wrong and that he shouldnt have posted it. i just think that stuff is uncalled for. help the person out. dont just tell them how bad it is.

Ok here's an example, and it's JUST an example.

Say I called you stupid, would you not try to sound dumb?

Hi, how are you?

yes but constructive criticism is helpful. his was just a rant about everything he did wrong and that he shouldnt have posted it. i just think that stuff is uncalled for. help the person out. dont just tell them how bad it is.

Ok here's an example, and it's JUST an example.

Say I called you stupid, would you not try to sound dumb?

ok, fine. my little rant was uncalled for. I just liked the concept so....

first off i don't see why koz had to say anything because he said that he just did it to see what it looks like... hence the WTF Rauman Lukko + Coyotes topic title... i don't see whats wrong with him posting this.. he just wanted to show its not like he should be insulted and taken down for it but yet jake yeah you kinda overreacted to koz's post in a way all the post in this thread are worthless..

spacer.png

And my friends, posts like these from people who REALLY believe concepts like this should exist on this board is why the quality of the forums as a whole has gone down in the past couple of years. For every 30 re-colors and sloppy jobs someone posts, you will find one decent actual original concept to view...and it gets lost after a day or so.

I don't grab a microphone, write a song, write the music, then play the piano while singing it and recording it to post on YouTube for one reason...I am not good at it. I am aware of this. By the same token, if I ever DID decide to write a song and lyrics...I would make sure I practiced for a week at least- not 10 minutes, before I showed it to the world.

first off i don't see why koz had to say anything because he said that he just did it to see what it looks like... hence the WTF Rauman Lukko + Coyotes topic title... i don't see whats wrong with him posting this.. he just wanted to show its not like he should be insulted and taken down for it but yet jake yeah you kinda overreacted to koz's post in a way all the post in this thread are worthless..

The reason that I insulted this unoriginal, sloppy, obviously rushed concept is because whenever someone something it pushes another post off the front page. If he just wanted to see what it looked like, fine, but don't post it on the board! If you're gonna post something, make sure it doesn't suck. Even patsox eventually figured that out. People who support these guys who just throw together a 10-minute recolor and then post it are just as guilty of bringing down the boards as the 'artists' (and I use that term lightly) themselves. If someone posts a piece of crap, then I'm going to keep it real and tell them.

The reason that I insulted this unoriginal, sloppy, obviously rushed concept is because whenever someone something it pushes another post off the front page. If he just wanted to see what it looked like, fine, but don't post it on the board! If you're gonna post something, make sure it doesn't suck. Even patsox eventually figured that out. People who support these guys who just throw together a 10-minute recolor and then post it are just as guilty of bringing down the boards as the 'artists' (and I use that term lightly) themselves. If someone posts a piece of crap, then I'm going to keep it real and tell them.

Thats what PMs are for.. yes bringing down the board because we have a sign that say you can only be good to post here.. thats the most absurd thing i've ever read... saying if you suck or don't have much talent don't even bother trying doing what you want and showing us here because we don't want your garbage laying around.. He has a right to post whatever he wants as far as a concept.

spacer.png

Archived