You'd think Boston would learn from trademarking 19-0.

TFoA

Wait -- so does ESPN sell this or does Boston sell this?

I mean, come on. This has to end somewhere.

ESPN?

I mean, it's fair to say that because you can pre-order these shirts for all 4 teams on nbashop.com

But this junk is on the racks. You don't see any other Lakers, Spurs, or Pistons jerseys that are actually on the racks and being sold. lol @ ESPN/Boston/Jokes.

Ohboy. Someone got me a Pats undefeated shirt after the Superbowl.

Next day I sent it to Guatamala to this little kid my family sponsors.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Wait -- so does ESPN sell this or does Boston sell this?

I mean, come on. This has to end somewhere.

But this junk is on the racks. You don't see any other Lakers, Spurs, or Pistons jerseys that are actually on the racks and being sold.

That's the stupid part! It was probably some prank alluding to the 19-0 book, lol

And you said you hate it when they do stuff like this, so I was just responding that it was the people at the ESPN Store who did it. Not that it matters to anyone.

But nooo, they decide to tempt the Sports Gods once again by selling Eastern Conference Champions shirts before the series is even over.

Damn, I know the Boston apologists are trying their hardest, but I can't help but root against them when they do stuff like this.

It's at an ESPN store in Orlando.

It's not the Celtics' doing.

Sometimes I think all the Boston haters are grasping at straws.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Even without the Pats' example, they should have learned from Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS, where the guy singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" (Cuba Gooding Jr., IIRC) at Wrigley Field changed the lyrics to "...root, root, root for the champs!" Less than an inning later, enter Steve Bartman.

CCSLC signature.png

Oddly enough, for as much as I hate The Red Sox and Boston in general, I don't hate The Celtics. I am actually pulling for them. I may be one of the few people outside the ABC offices or Bristol CT that is really hoping for a Lakers-Celtics finals. I'll root for the Lakers if it happens but it wouldn't bother me at all to see The Celtics win it all.

On topic, they're T-shirts. Big deal. Does anyone really believe that the 19-0 shirts had more to do with The Pats losing the Super Bowl than The Giants pas rush did? I should add however that I was firmly convinced that Value City advertising Buckeyes National Championship gear the day before the game against Florida cost us the game. Then we got our asses handed to us again last season by LSU and I realized it wasn't the shirts at all. It was that we sucked.

BB52Big.jpg

But nooo, they decide to tempt the Sports Gods once again by selling Eastern Conference Champions shirts before the series is even over.

Damn, I know the Boston apologists are trying their hardest, but I can't help but root against them when they do stuff like this.

It's at an ESPN store in Orlando.

It's not the Celtics' doing.

Just embrace the fact that ESPN="NESN for the rest of the country" and move along.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oddly enough, for as much as I hate The Red Sox and Boston in general, I don't hate The Celtics. I am actually pulling for them. I may be one of the few people outside the ABC offices or Bristol CT that is really hoping for a Lakers-Celtics finals. I'll root for the Lakers if it happens but it wouldn't bother me at all to see The Celtics win it all.

On topic, they're T-shirts. Big deal. Does anyone really believe that the 19-0 shirts had more to do with The Pats losing the Super Bowl than The Giants pas rush did? I should add however that I was firmly convinced that Value City advertising Buckeyes National Championship gear the day before the game against Florida cost us the game. Then we got our asses handed to us again last season by LSU and I realized it wasn't the shirts at all. It was that we sucked.

It's not that the 19-0 shirts cost them the game... it's that they looked stupid for prematurely celebrating the event by selling merchandise. The demands going to be there whether they sell them early or not... so why make yourself look stupid by selling them early?

IUe6Hvh.png

I dunno. I purposely ordered championship commemorative shirts for my men's softball team last week, when the team had a 2-game lead in the standings with 5 games left to play. I then told the players I'd done it, hoping it'd serve as a motivational tool rather than a belief that something was inevitable. They haven't lost since.

The Celtics didn't have anything to do with this, but if they did I could understand the club's mindset behind it. Either way, no big deal - it's some damned shirts, folks.

nav-logo.png

It's not that the 19-0 shirts cost them the game... it's that they looked stupid for prematurely celebrating the event by selling merchandise. The demands going to be there whether they sell them early or not... so why make yourself look stupid by selling them early?

If a team is going to be "Back to Back" champs, or have a significant win total or something, they'd be kinda stupid NOT to include that on the Locker Room Tee's. How dumb would everyone had looked if they had no 19-0 stuff ready to go? As much as i dislike all the success Boston has had (Jealousy...I'll admit it even if nobody else will...) any team/league/manufacturer would prep for these events. Its just smart business.

Archived