What's worse than the ABA?

Panthers

I wrote the pr director for the league and told him how stupid the logos really looked and how it was an insult to football fans. I mean come on. If you want me to buy a ticket to this mess, be professional at least.

Seems you caused something... :D

League logo has changed and those silly teamlogos have disapeared from the website.

Oh, and by the way they also changed the name of the league:

Upon discussions with key constituencies, we felt that we were creating some confusion within the sports community with our name, which was not our intent. There is no direct tie to a single parent professional league. Rather, the goal is to provide opportunities for our players to succeed in all professional leagues like the NFL, AFL, CFL, etc.

The UNFL has proactively opted to eliminate any further confusion by changing the league name to allow building of an independent brand identity. The new league name is:

United National Gridiron League (UNGL)

We have identified and addressed this issue early enough that it will have no impact on the business. This move is in the best interest of the future of the ?Gridiron League.?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Upon discussions with key constituencies, we felt that we were creating some confusion within the sports community with our name, which was not our intent. There is no direct tie to a single parent professional league. Rather, the goal is to provide opportunities for our players to succeed in all professional leagues like the NFL, AFL, CFL, etc.

The UNFL has proactively opted to eliminate any further confusion by changing the league name to allow building of an independent brand identity. The new league name is:

United National Gridiron League (UNGL)

We have identified and addressed this issue early enough that it will have no impact on the business. This move is in the best interest of the future of the ?Gridiron League.?

Translation: We finally recieved a cease and desist letter from the NFL. We had to change things quickly to avoid a massive lawsuit.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone seen the UNGL logo? Dem boys gonna get broken noses:

indexPictureSmall.gif

Is it a vase or is it two people staring at each other?

faces.gif

For the UNGL it's

Two faces? Or an engorged uterus?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Archived