Toronto Blue Jays concept

elliott

Hi, I know there are a lot of Jays fans on this board, so I hope y'all like it. I think there is too much black and graphite in the Jays package. Here is what I did:

-Got rid of the beveling.

-I made the "Jays" wordmark blue. I haven't really seen anyone do it, and I thought it might look good.

-Numbers are blue, as are the game hats. The alternate hat is pretty much the same, sans beveling on the "T"

-I used a pretty simple piping scheme on the arms/pants.

-A blue alternate, no black alt.

That's pretty much it. Since they are in the MLB, I would have to assume that they would play mix n' match with the hats.

I know a lot of you are not huge fans of this logo package, but I still used it and tried to make it better. I guess this is their identity now, so I figured I better just accept it (although I am a huge fan of their retro alts).

Here is the updated logo sheet, then:

BlueJaysLogoSheet.gif

And the jerseys:

BlueJaysConcept2.gif

C+C appreciated.

I absolutely love these. I saw that you posted something, and I knew I'd be in for a treat. I only have two tiny gripes, though; the Toronto wordmark should be on the away jerseys. And also, I'm not too sure about the piping on the away jerseys. Maybe try making it blue-white-blue instead of blue-grey-blue.

I love how everything else looks. The simplified logos (no bevels) makes it look so much better.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

Excellent work. I especially like the home set as well as you working in the 'T' cap with the alternate. I agree though that as long as there is a "Toronto" word mark in the set it should probably be on the roads. Overall a definite improvement nevertheless.

mets.png

I like these alot except for the black hat. It seems out of place. Maybe a blue hat with a black brim? Great work overall though, way better than their current set.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

It might be best for the Jays to stay away from the 3D silvermuck they currently wear, and go with something like this.

For yours, I just think that there should be some sort of white line between the bird and the letter J on the script. So that the J could stand out more.

This is great so far and most of what I would say has already been addressed, but here are my suggestions:

-On the road uniforms, make the middle stripe white instead of gray, there isn't much white in that uniform, and I think it would make the blue stand out more.

-Ditch the black hat, this set is great without much black, and the hat is not necessary.

-Put the Toronto script on the road.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Hi, I know there are a lot of Jays fans on this board, so I hope y'all like it. I think there is too much black and graphite in the Jays package. Here is what I did:

-Got rid of the beveling.

-I made the "Jays" wordmark blue. I haven't really seen anyone do it, and I thought it might look good.

-Numbers are blue, as are the game hats. The alternate hat is pretty much the same, sans beveling on the "T"

-I used a pretty simple piping scheme on the arms/pants.

-A blue alternate, no black alt.

That's pretty much it. Since they are in the MLB, I would have to assume that they would play mix n' match with the hats.

I know a lot of you are not huge fans of this logo package, but I still used it and tried to make it better. I guess this is their identity now, so I figured I better just accept it (although I am a huge fan of their retro alts).

Here is the updated logo sheet, then:

BlueJaysLogoSheet.gif

And the jerseys:

BlueJaysConcept2.gif

C+C appreciated.

Nice work. A few suggestions. Go with a darker shade of Blue(real Royal Blue). Put the "Toronto" on the Grey jerseys. Ditch the Grey outline on the Blue lettering. Ditch all Black except for the ring on the bird's neck. And make the player names arched with in a conventional plain-block font. All caps should be basic Royal Blue with your choice of graphic. Also, all jerseys should have a 4" number on the lower left front, ala the Dodgers placement. And put the bird head graphic on the left sleeve of the road and alternate jerseys.

I gotta admit, i'm not a huge fan.

No offence meant, It's just that this is basically a re-working of the current identity that I dislike.

It does kinda remind me of the leafs too....Intercounty or NHL.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived