Des Moines RoughRiders

RoughRiders9

I think it's pretty cool that you decided to come up with a whole new team. I do think you should experiment a little with the two 'R's interlocked. I think if you create some separation there like in the Padres 'SD' then it will make that logo look better. Try adding an identity to the team with a logo of a 'Rough Rider'. See what you think about the alternate dark uniform going with a solid color hat. Other than that, don't change a thing. I would love to see what you can do with this.

Maybe try a DM logo to put on both caps and the sleeve on the home? Also, maybe add another color to it, to differentiate it from Colorado and Tampa Bay (yes, I know purple and navy aren't the same, but from a distance they're kind of close.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I lie it...very clean. However, I think you need to create more of an identity for this team....can't just be wordmarks and interlocking R's.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Sorry, but this is plainer than the Rays new uniforms. If you take a look around at other MLB logos and uniforms you can tell they have more of an identity than this. For a independent minor league team or something along those lines this would work, but for an MLB team no. Needs more identity like others said.

The concept is clean and it's a nice start though, pretty nice job.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The wordmark on the uniforms seems way too faint. You need something bolder.

By the way, why Roughriders for Des Moines?

Named after the most famous high school in Des Moines, Thedore Roosevelt RoughRiders.

And I'm in the process of making a logo that's for the Riders only. I'll post it here when I'm done. Hopefully, it will more true, than just the plain "R"

IowaOaks.png

Named after the most famous high school in Des Moines, Thedore Roosevelt RoughRiders.

And I'm in the process of making a logo that's for the Riders only. I'll post it here when I'm done. Hopefully, it will more true, than just the plain "R"

I like the 'RR' as an alternate logo, but you just gotta figure out a way to make it look like it in interlocking and not just as one.

I like the 'RR' as an alternate logo, but you just gotta figure out a way to make it look like it in interlocking and not just as one.

I'm keeping the RR, but I'm also making an interlocking DM....

Also, please check out the request boards. I have something for you to look at....

Thanks

IowaOaks.png

Are those purple socks with white stirrups? If so, please no.

Actually, in my second version of the set, I changed to a truer blue, so what I tried to put up there is actually dark blue. I never intend for those to be purple...

IowaOaks.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived