US Mens National Team Concept

speedy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
duuuude - thanks for rippin' off my arsenal concept in your second set <_<

Gordie, I respect your designs and jersey creations because you've yet to roll out one that dissapointed. However, I feel it unecessary for you to state the claim that I "ripped you off." Yes, I did trace your Nike template, quite allowed I am sure, as many people have traced my RBK EDGE templates. But that's where it stops.

Let's look at some facts, the current Mens National Team uses a kit with white and off-white (gray i'll call it) horizontal stripes. Example...

new_us_jersey_2.jpg

Now of course, those have red stripes seperating the white from the gray, but I find that to make the shirt a bit too cluttered.

Second, I'm quite sure you did not invent the horizontal striping pattern found on soccer kits, and it's free for me or anyone to use.

Here's my US Clash Kit and here's your Arsenal Clash Kit side by side. Similarities? I spot three (all very common); the horizontal stripes (I have 6 you have 8), the jersey cut (you nor I can take credit for this one), and finally the jersey trim (which I personally am not a fan of, I just used it because I assumed it was part of that specific cut, correct me if I'm wrong and I'll gladly appologize).

sidebyside-1.png

yeah that arsenal concept isn't an actual nike template - it's one i designed. so yeah, I can take credit for it.

Well to be honest with you, I took it to be a usual Nike uniform cut, and I sincerely apologize for that, totally my bad. I simply use your uniforms to get cuts from because they are the most clean and professional looking out there, and up until now I assumed they were Nike/Adidas/Umbro/Puma conceived.

Unfortunately, that's the farthest I'll go in apologizing because other than the stitching this is not the same concept and quite frankly the way you went about dealing with this situation is not one I totally agree with. But to each his own I guess, good day.

Okay, let's move on everyone.

I feel pretty confident saying this is my final draft, barring any more critique.

First, the new crest. I removed the "UNITED STATES" and added the "USSF" moniker, I feel this makes it look less like a US seal and more like one associated with soccer. I'd like to hear your thoughts...

USNEWLOGOS.png

Second, I'm introducing new numbers . Inspiration? The MLS, only more legible.

USNEWNUMBERS.png

Now finally, the kits. Nothing really new here, just reduced the crest size, changed the cut, and added the new letters and numbers...

Home Kit

USNEWHOME.png

Clash Kit

USNEWCLASH.png

Alternate Kit

USNEWALTERNATE.png

C&C greatly appreciated...

I still think that red needs to be darkened. It looks far too much like England.

When I had my USMNT concept, I tried the USSF thing, but the majority of the comments were that it was too similar to the USSR at first glance, so I'm not so sure it'll work here. But it does look nice at least.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

why not simply, USA instead of USSF, and now that chestnutz mentioned it, a slightly darker red would seperate the colonies from the kingdom nicely.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

I'll disagree with these guys--if you're going to have it there, USSF is the better choice, because you're not just creating a mark for the team, you're trying to make a mark the entire organization can use. Then again, the English FA uses "The FA" and "England" interchangeably on theirs, so perhaps you could do that.

I think you could get away with leaving the banner off entirely, mind you.

I'd like to see the stars become solid white, rather than the patterned stars you have now.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'll disagree with these guys--if you're going to have it there, USSF is the better choice, because you're not just creating a mark for the team, you're trying to make a mark the entire organization can use. Then again, the English FA uses "The FA" and "England" interchangeably on theirs, so perhaps you could do that.

I'd like to see the stars become solid white, rather than the patterned stars you have now.

Interesting thought Mockba, I whipped together a few without the banner.. your thoughts? I still think I'm partial to the crest with the banner.

CRESTnobanner.png

Working right now on darkening the red, should be done soon.

Thanks for the comments.

yeah that arsenal concept isn't an actual nike template - it's one i designed. so yeah, I can take credit for it.

Well to be honest with you, I took it to be a usual Nike uniform cut, and I sincerely apologize for that, totally my bad. I simply use your uniforms to get cuts from because they are the most clean and professional looking out there, and up until now I assumed they were Nike/Adidas/Umbro/Puma conceived.

Unfortunately, that's the farthest I'll go in apologizing because other than the stitching this is not the same concept and quite frankly the way you went about dealing with this situation is not one I totally agree with. But to each his own I guess, good day.

I'll say this on the topic: Hot looking templates are very appealing, but try making your own. its tedious and difficult, but its great practice. i've learned more about illustrator by making templates than anything else. even a tweak of another template, and this mess wont happen.

Interesting thought Mockba, I whipped together a few without the banner.. your thoughts? I still think I'm partial to the crest with the banner.

CRESTnobanner.png

Thanks for the comments.

I agree with maz; I like the banner one more. Also I think USA would work by itself, I mean it is the name of the country and USSR does come to mind a bit with USSF.

my bottom line - ask me, and I'll share.

Not trying to be irritating but I'm almost certain I remember asking for your template in the past and you just blowing me off. I'm not saying you don't have the right to restrict your templates' distribution, especially with how much work you put into them and how high quality they turn out, but it seems like you're preaching an unfounded moral just to alleviate the situation. Sorry if that came off as being overboard but it's how I feel.

As for the newest concept, I prefer the new jerseys design but am in favor of the old crest. The numbers are a definite downgrade as well- it looks like you tried to vectormagic a choppy undersized picture of the MLS numbers and that's what came out.

CRESTnobanner.png

Thanks for the comments.

I agree with maz; I like the banner one more. Also I think USA would work by itself, I mean it is the name of the country and USSR does come to mind a bit with USSF.

Cold War is over man. Back in the 50's and 60's USSF may not have worked, but now since there is no more USSR I think it's ok.

I'm torn between your original crest and C in you three new ones. I really like both. The banner is very aesthetically pleasing, but I also like how USSF is big and bold in the other.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived