US Mens National Team Concept

speedy

ive just been following the pictures and i have to say this concept is fantastic and has made great strides forward since you started. 2 complaints: the ball the snake is around is a volleyball and i dont agree with the transparency of the ball itself. idno if either of these were addressed in comments because i havent been reading them but those are the only things i have a problem with

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive just been following the pictures and i have to say this concept is fantastic and has made great strides forward since you started. 2 complaints: the ball the snake is around is a volleyball and i dont agree with the transparency of the ball itself. idno if either of these were addressed in comments because i havent been reading them but those are the only things i have a problem with

Its actually an original soccer ball. The B&W pentagon (or whatever shape it is) ball we all think of wasn't used untill the World Cup that Mexico hosted.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

If there's one thing I'd do it's just to make the stripes to 13. 11 seems like an odd number for the reason of it being just 1 of each away from the 13. I wouldn't change it if it was at 9 or less but the fact that it's so close make it something you should look into IMO. Otherwise this is great work!

6fQjS3M.png

• 3 years later...

Well after four (!) years, I decided to revisit one of my favorite concepts. After such a long time away from it, I noticed just how unnecessarily detailed it is. What a nightmare that would be to stitch on. So I went about simplifying it; making it a bit sleeker rather than grandiose. I also eliminated a lot of the gripes I had with the first one, including the USSF, the soccer ball, and the original ribbon.

Did it get better or worse? Should I just leave the original as is?

USA_zps58c85719.png

That is a gorgeous concept. Have you considered the eagle positioned with the wings tucked in? In the current setup, the large width of the crest would lead to a smaller shield on the jersey. I envision the actual stars and stripes part of the crest to be too small. What if you positioned the eagle in this manner? I think it would create a more central focus to the crest and allow it to really shine loud and proud over the heart on the shirt.

1108768-Clipart-Black-And-White-Heraldic-Eagle-Crest-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg

Archived