My First Concept

nyjet88

This may be your first concept, but to have your attitude after he legitimately gave you reasons it doesn't work, doesn't work for me and tells me you didn't want constructive criticism. If you can't take constructive criticism, then don't post your work.

Amen to that. One of the biggest things to learn is to be open-minded with the C&C and really really try not to fight it cause it shows that you can't accept the criticism and use it for good.

About the field shape issue... Regardless whether or not ANY baseball park uses that shape (which they don't), why the :censored: would Philly if it's not the shape of CBP?

And I agree the baseball doesn't fit at all. Too detailed. Same with the gradient. Maybe make a white outline of the Liberty Bell?

I am working on a new concept with a new field to fit more of a field look and the gradient is going.

As far as me getting an attitude? I have no problem with anything that has been said to me. I enjoy C&C. I've participated in them myself.

It does annoy me how he decided to reply. can't help that one..sorry.

If I had an attitude, I would give you one and everyone else one. I appreciate your post and the comments.

When someone tells me things in the form of questions and then writes check after each one of them, that bugs me. Especially since he didn't even say, good attempt on your first concept, BUT, here is what you need to do to improve.

Sorry if I think it is nice to try and say...way to go on your first concept. Here is what you need to improve...

Mostly everyone has done that! I love it!

If you were to draw a stick figure and post it for C&C, which comes across as more of constructive criticism?

Hey - great attempt so far. What you need to do is clean up the edges. The long stick is going up through the circle and it looks a little sloppy. Give it a second attempt with those ideas and see what happens.

OR

Are the edges sloppy? Check

Is the long stick going into the circle? Check

Hmm...I respond better to the first.

Thin skin? Check.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This may be your first concept, but to have your attitude after he legitimately gave you reasons it doesn't work, doesn't work for me and tells me you didn't want constructive criticism. If you can't take constructive criticism, then don't post your work.

Amen to that. One of the biggest things to learn is to be open-minded with the C&C and really really try not to fight it cause it shows that you can't accept the criticism and use it for good.

About the field shape issue... Regardless whether or not ANY baseball park uses that shape (which they don't), why the :censored: would Philly if it's not the shape of CBP?

And I agree the baseball doesn't fit at all. Too detailed. Same with the gradient. Maybe make a white outline of the Liberty Bell?

I am working on a new concept with a new field to fit more of a field look and the gradient is going.

As far as me getting an attitude? I have no problem with anything that has been said to me. I enjoy C&C. I've participated in them myself.

If I had an attitude, I would give you one and everyone else one. I appreciate your post and the comments.

When someone tells me things in the form of questions and then writes check after each one of them, that bugs me. Especially since he didn't even say, good attempt on your first concept, BUT, here is what you need to do to improve.

Sorry if I think it is nice to try and say...way to go on your first concept. Here is what you need to improve...

If you were to draw a stick figure and post it for C&C, which comes across as more of constructive criticism?

Hey - great attempt so far. What you need to do is clean up the edges. The long stick is going up through the circle and it looks a little sloppy. Give it a second attempt with those ideas and see what happens.

OR

Thin skin? Check.

Not at all. I repsonded very well to other's C&C.

:censored:in :censored:.

Oh I am a big designer im so much better than these guys so im so full of myself and i'm the kind of the message boards.

OR

Thin skin? Check.

Oh I am a big designer im so much better than these guys so im so full of myself and i'm the kind of the message boards.

Oh and read this article to LEARN HOW TO GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

http://lifehacker.com/software/how-to/give...cism-297247.php

Idiot.

Already sending me whiney PMs? Check.

Once you ascend to the level that I've reached in the design industry, you'll see that this is the standard way we "pros" give feedback. In fact, they teach it in grad school. In fact, I still have a paper that I wrote for Awesome Designing 401 entitled "How to Make an Awesome Design Awesomer." My professor (Dr. Doodlesalot) simply wrote on it "fantastic essay? check. A+? check.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

OR

Thin skin? Check.

Idiot.

Did you quote yourself? Check.

Was it unnecessary? Check.

Are you ever gonna get legitimate constructive criticism now, based on your behavior towards those who actually give legitimate criticism? UNCheck.

Change your attitude or change your internet destination. Checkmate.

It's not supposed to be the shape of the park - it's supposed to be the shape of the diamond. Look at the Phillies current logo and you'll see what it's supposed to look like.

Sorry everyone -- that's what I meant. No one uses that diamond shape, neither does CBP obviously. Of course nearly every stadium has a different field shape, but no diamond is in that oblong shape. My apologies.

Already sending me whiney PMs? Check.

Once you ascend to the level that I've reached in the design industry, you'll see that this is the standard way we "pros" give feedback. In fact, they teach it in grad school. In fact, I still have a paper that I wrote for Awesome Designing 401 entitled "How to Make an Awesome Design Awesomer." My professor (Dr. Doddlesalot) simply wrote on it "fantastic essay? check. A+? check.

Are you a :censored:ing :censored:? Check.

Are you a :censored:ing dick? Check.

Are you a cocky mother :censored:er? Check.

OR

Thin skin? Check.

Idiot.

Are you ever gonna get legitimate constructive criticism now, based on your behavior towards those who actually give legitimate criticism? UNCheck.

Oh that was tough talk with the Checkmate. And you even italicized "Check".

The only person I have a problme with here is you. Everything else everyone said to me is great. I appreciate their feedback.

It all started with your check system. Very annoying.

It's not supposed to be the shape of the park - it's supposed to be the shape of the diamond. Look at the Phillies current logo and you'll see what it's supposed to look like.

Sorry everyone -- that's what I meant. No one uses that diamond shape, neither does CBP obviously. Of course nearly every stadium has a different field shape, but no diamond is in that oblong shape. My apologies.

Yeah I looked over a few different styles of parks and went back to the original style that the Phillies have now. Will post an update tomorrow sometime.

Thanks!

Am I going to be tired tomorrow at work (you know, my awesome professional design job) because I'm staying up too late enjoying all of this? Check.

Please stop sending me PMs. I'm far too busy on my latest groundbreaking design. I'd post it on the forum, but I don't want to be held responsible when your monitor explodes into flames as soon as the page loads. It's that good.

Check.

OR

Thin skin? Check.

Idiot.

The only person I have a problme with here is you. Everything else everyone said to me is great. I appreciate their feedback.

Check (huh. how bout that?) back through the thread. This was the first and only thing I had posted, up til now. I'm not the same guy. And problem is spelled P-R-O-B-L-E-M, not P-R-O-B-L-M-E.

I really hate to break it to you, but the person who said "Checkmate" was different from the person who started the "check system." So, uh, no dice there.

And I guess I see your idea what all constructive criticism should be, but reality is not everyone will fluff you up with "nice effort" or "great first attempt, you're doing great!" and the way you dealt with this instance -- and I'm trying to keep my seriousness here and not make this any worse (screw it, better!) than it already has become -- isn't likely to win you many friends at all, even the ones you don't have a problem with. Just a thought for the future.

OR

Thin skin? Check.

Idiot.

Check (huh. how bout that?) back through the thread. This was the first and only thing I had posted, up til now. I'm not the same guy. And problem is spelled P-R-O-B-L-E-M, not P-R-O-B-L-M-E.

I have nothing to say but LOL - my bad.

Sorry about that - didn't read the name of the poster.

Obviously I didn't check how to see if I mis-typed anything before I posted. Sorry to have ruined your night with the word "problem".

I really hate to break it to you, but the person who said "Checkmate" was different from the person who started the "check system." So, uh, no dice there.

And I guess I see your idea what all constructive criticism should be, but reality is not everyone will fluff you up with "nice effort" or "great first attempt, you're doing great!" and the way you dealt with this instance -- and I'm trying to keep my seriousness here and not make this any worse (screw it, better!) than it already has become -- isn't likely to win you many friends at all, even the ones you don't have a problem with. Just a thought for the future.

Ugh just realized that with the poster.

Thanks for seeing my idea and I know not everyone does that. It's my own personal issue with the WAY he responded, that's all.

I post on many forums and don't really ever have a problem with anyone.

See Gingerbread - You made a solid point to me in a nice way and I took it seriously and i am not offended.

Anyways..thanks. :)

No offense to the people involved, but ah, this thread just gave me a few minutes of appreciated laughter during lunch hour on a boring work day. Thanks all! :D

But I did intend on seeing the concept, came in and... saw nothing.

Wade-sig.png

No offense to the people involved, but ah, this thread just gave me a few minutes of appreciated laughter during lunch hour on a boring work day. Thanks all! :D

But I did intend on seeing the concept, came in and... saw nothing.

Check....

I saw nothing either. Although I did get to spend a few minutes of my life reading 2 pages of 'checks'...

I'd complain but I have nothing better to do as I'm layed up off work for 2 weeks...

Broken foot? Check...

^_^

Quick edit: I see where your coming from NYjet88, but people just give feedback different ways, wether you like it or not...you just gotta let it breeze past ya and take what he's actually saying into consideration. He gave you the C&C, even if you didnt like the delivery...

sigen.jpg

OMG I am laughing my ass off reading this thread...this is HOF material!

The "Thin skin? Check." comment was PRICELESS.

Mods, PLEASE do not delete this thread...everyone should be able to enjoy it, my boss just walked in asking me what the hell was so funny.

OMG I am laughing my ass off reading this thread...this is HOF material!

The "Thin skin? Check." comment was PRICELESS.

Mods, PLEASE do not delete this thread...everyone should be able to enjoy it, my boss just walked in asking me what the hell was so funny.

Do I like ColaCock? Check.

Do I wonder what his name means? Check.

Archived