My First Concept

nyjet88

OMG I am laughing my ass off reading this thread...this is HOF material!

The "Thin skin? Check." comment was PRICELESS.

Mods, PLEASE do not delete this thread...everyone should be able to enjoy it, my boss just walked in asking me what the hell was so funny.

Do I like ColaCock? Check.

Do I wonder what his name means? Check.

Does he live in Columbia, South Carolina? Check.

Is "Cola" the local short for Columbia? Check.

Do the Gamecocks play in Columbia? Check.

Is "Cocks" the short for Gamecocks? Check.

Is he one of the biggest fans ever? Double check.

Do most people think it is a sexual reference? Check.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I going to be tired tomorrow at work (you know, my awesome professional design job) because I'm staying up too late enjoying all of this? Check.

Please stop sending me PMs. I'm far too busy on my latest groundbreaking design. I'd post it on the forum, but I don't want to be held responsible when your monitor explodes into flames as soon as the page loads. It's that good.

Check.

I really hate myself for doing this...but...

Did that post win the whole thread? Check and mate.

That said, I did like the concept. The gradient can go, but other than that, I liked it. It felt like something the Phils might adapt someday.

Already sending me whiney PMs? Check.

Once you ascend to the level that I've reached in the design industry, you'll see that this is the standard way we "pros" give feedback. In fact, they teach it in grad school. In fact, I still have a paper that I wrote for Awesome Designing 401 entitled "How to Make an Awesome Design Awesomer." My professor (Dr. Doodlesalot) simply wrote on it "fantastic essay? check. A+? check.

Are you kidding me Flame? I'd go with this any day.

I find it funny that this guy insists on everyone using his sugar-coated "hamburger" method, when that is very unlikely. People are going to say what they want, and if they don't like the product, it might not be too nice. The "hamburger" method sounds like a rule you learn in kindergarten; if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. In this case, it's: if you don't have anything nice to say, make sure it sounds like you're trying to be nice!

I was going to post and say that in all the critiques I've been a part of, you just post your work up there or bring it up, and the teacher usually just takes a black marker to it and says, "This is wrong. Change this. Use a different font. Which font? I don't friggin know, find one!" When it's a class critique you just sit there as they rip apart what you thought was great, and you take the beating like a rented mule, suck up your tears and try and figure out how the hell to make them happy. If you ever get a, "I like this" or "That's good" it makes your day. You're never sure how you did it, but you did and you're happy.

Now on to the business of this thread. To Jets boy.... because I'm too lazy to go back and figure out what you typed for a name, it's just me nothing personal, thank you for this thread because you were posting you design to get feedback, you were posting it to start this thread so that you could bring joy to the members of this board as this thread goes so far off base it's ridiculous! Excellent job on that. You have a future in bringing laughter and joy to the masses!

Now on to the more pressing need. When did we let check start mating? Didn't you know that checks multiplied like rabbits and we're going to have checkmating all over the place?! Great! That's all we need are little checks running all over the place horny as hell! :cursing:

I was going to post and say that in all the critiques I've been a part of, you just post your work up there or bring it up, and the teacher usually just takes a black marker to it and says, "This is wrong. Change this. Use a different font. Which font? I don't friggin know, find one!" When it's a class critique you just sit there as they rip apart what you thought was great, and you take the beating like a rented mule, suck up your tears and try and figure out how the hell to make them happy. If you ever get a, "I like this" or "That's good" it makes your day. You're never sure how you did it, but you did and you're happy.

Now on to the business of this thread. To Jets boy.... because I'm too lazy to go back and figure out what you typed for a name, it's just me nothing personal, thank you for this thread because you were posting you design to get feedback, you were posting it to start this thread so that you could bring joy to the members of this board as this thread goes so far off base it's ridiculous! Excellent job on that. You have a future in bringing laughter and joy to the masses!

Now on to the more pressing need. When did we let check start mating? Didn't you know that checks multiplied like rabbits and we're going to have checkmating all over the place?! Great! That's all we need are little checks running all over the place horny as hell! :cursing:

LOL.

Do I respect you for writing this post? Check.

Do I like you as a poster? Check.

OMG I am laughing my ass off reading this thread...this is HOF material!

The "Thin skin? Check." comment was PRICELESS.

Mods, PLEASE do not delete this thread...everyone should be able to enjoy it, my boss just walked in asking me what the hell was so funny.

Does he live in Columbia, South Carolina? Check.

Do the Gamecocks play in Columbia? Check.

Is "Cocks" the short for Gamecocks? Check.

Is he one of the biggest fans ever? Double check.

Do most people think it is a sexual reference? Check.

Nature Boy Ric Flair in a Gamecocks jersey in ColaCock's signature? Check....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:D:notworthy:

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Oh, that makes sense now. Ever since you changed it I wondered what the cola was about. I just thought you really liked soda. :D

You have no idea how many PMs I have received on various boards from people that think I work for Coke or Pepsi...lol?

stop sucking up...check?

...i wish i could see the concept that started this whole thing...

jldesigns404eo.png

Post edited out? Check.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is the original concept gone? Check.

Am I wishing I had seen this as it happened? Check.

Is this thread still open for everyone to see its greatness? Check.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

At home alone answering this thread. Check.

I need to date more. Check.

I need to be hired on with some design firm to make a lot of money. Check.

Drinking Dr. Pepper. Not so check.

Drank Dr. Pepper. Check.

Jon Garland's a crappy pitcher. Check.

Thread that's taken a life of it's own. Check. :P

Brett Favre attention whore. DOUBLE CHECK!!!

Obligatory "put PHILADELPHIA on the front of the road jersey" when discussing a Phillies concept? Check.

Wait - the initial concept that started this whole mess isn't even up anymore? I have no idea whether there were just logos or if uniforms were also envisioned ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

stop sucking up...check?

...i wish i could see the concept that started this whole thing...

It was the "Phillies" main wordmark, slightly curved, in a blue background the shape of an entire baseball field, like one side had the curved part at the top where the wall/warning track would be. The other two sides were straight, so it was like a cone. At the point where the two straight sides come together, there was a baseball. I believe there was a red outline around the blue cone. In the blue background, the liberty bell logo was slightly faded into the background, and it was also in a gradient, so you could see it the most in the middle. That's about it, besides "Philadelphia" in a different, small font, near the top of the cone, straight though, not curved like "Phillies".

Archived