Providence College Hockey Concept

Avenger

I love the new logo set for PC, and as much tradition as the skating friar logo holds, I wish they would apply the new logo to their uniforms.

Here's my thought on what they should look like. Comments are appreciated, yo. :hockeysmiley:

providence.gif

I gotta say, excellent work. Great patterning of the colors... Love the look you gave 'em... Just all around goodness.

Great job.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

since this is the first PC hockey concept i've seen that i didn't make, i'll comment. nice design, but where's the watermark? :D j/k

it really is rather well done, i'd buy one. only thing i would have done differently would have been a less liberal use of silver and more black, if that's possible :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Those are really sharp!

I'd like to see the numerals from the font used for the logo and what they would look like on the back. I really like italicized numbers for jerseys (Carolina & Nashville for example) and that would really finish these off nicely I'd bet.

Great work.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Your concept is nice and clean, but I find the sleeve striping a little busy. On the black jersey, I would reverse the position of the gray and white, to keep more a darker jersey feeling. You did make that logo work with the jersey, but I hope they don't ditch the skating friar.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Looks good but I think it needs a 3rd color.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

there are 3 colors, white, gray and black

I mean a color that brings some life to these jerseys. They look good the way they are but I feel that if you added a purple, gold, or whatever to outline some of it that it would look better. White, Black, & Silver are just a little too dark in this case.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Well, I think that the jerseys are perfect as is...And while I also thing they need a bit of color, these are great for Providence. I'm interested to see if you could get the names and numbers to match the script of that logo. I think it would work quite well with your design

Your concept is nice and clean, but I find the sleeve striping a little busy. On the black jersey, I would reverse the position of the gray and white, to keep more a darker jersey feeling.

I have to respectfully disagree. I think it looks excellent with the sleeve striping pattern consistent with the bottom of the jersey. I can't really find a major fault with the jersey. Good job.

Someone on another board showed me a picture from this year with a new home jersey.

Does anyone know when the Friars changed their home jerseys to include the new logo? Did that start this year.

I want to say the logo was introduced before last season but I'm not sure about that. I know the University changes logos in July of '02, so I' pretty confident its their second season using it.

I know that the logos were introduced a couple years ago, but I remember reading in the press release that the hockey teams were going to continue to use the skating friar. Did they change their minds last year or this year? Photos on their website last year had the skating friar, but it's possible that they were just older photos.

better than either of mine too.

not sure but the one with the new friar may be an alternate...i know up here, a similar situation. i've been wanting UW to get rid of the red wing-like uniforms they wear for years. for their holiday tournament, though, they experiment with a new white jersey, this year it was the wild's cut and had a script Badgers on teh front. after Xmas, though, back to the BadgerWings :hockeysmiley:

eh...maybe one day.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived