Recent Work

pcgd

I haven't posted any work in awhile, and I had alot of fun on these 3 projects so I thought I'd show you all. The first two are really for fun, my two softball teams!

First, the Super Heroes In Disguise:

superheroes.jpg

Second, the SLD Aggrevated Geese:

geese.jpg

Each of these were really quick, perhaps a couple hours apiece. I've seen plenty of stuff go on t-shirts, but I hadn't seen anything of mine get done in hat form, so that was pretty cool to see. We had the shirts done at some cheap place in florida for the Geese ones, and they should have been on navy raglan t's but they put them on red and screwed up the distress on the shirt. Oh well. MLB Tuscan numbers on the back, they still turned out really nice. The Super Heroes ones we got done by a local guy who does them by hand. The shirts are the same color as the Chargers Light Blue. The skyline in the background is Indianapolis. Oh and in the interest of full disclosure...the flying superheroes in the background were ripped off from a Incredibles promo poster. And the inspiration was that 50's art deco feel from the Incredibles intros.

Second project I've been working on is an update to a logo for a men's league basebal team I played on briefly a few years ago. They are the Chicago River Bandits and have been using the old Quad Cities logo for quite some time. They wanted an update so I gave them two options, both pretty much the same. The first one is an updated Ball & Bandana and here is that package:

crb-option-one.jpg

crb-option-one2.jpg

crb-option-one3.jpg

crb-option-one4.jpg

The font is custom, and the Chicago Skyline is actually how it will appear in 2012. I figured I'd add the buildings that will be built then in the patch. Seeing that Trump Tower and another building will be done in 2010 (and already visible on the skyline) and the Chicago Spire being finished a few years later, I figured I mine as well add them in advance. I'm really into skylines lately... oh well.

Option Two is in the next post.

Option Two was Al Capone inspired. I figured lets try to go a completely different route on the "Bandit" name. Pretty much same uniforms, just the logos have been switched out. I think "BANDITS" reads much better on the chest than "RIVER BANDITS"

I've also attached the numbers sheet in this post.

I hope you all enjoy these!

crb-option-two.jpg

crb-option-two2.jpg

crb-option-two3.jpg

crb-option-two4.jpg

crb-option-two5.jpg

nyah, schee....on the River Bandits, Capone > bandana. Mainly, I feel it's due to the Capone set feeling very new, in the nobody aint ever did it before kind of way, makes me wanna throw in lil rob's album and skip to I Who Have Nothing; whereas the updated ball & bandana, it seems like I've been on this ride before.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Both are nice, but since I have to choose which one's better, I have to say #2. I think I've seen enough logos of objects with facial features. Baseballs do not have eyes and a mouth, and neither do jetplanes, rockets, or hockey pucks, lol.

As for the chosen #2, Everything is flawless from A to Z. Very good job! (**)5

Wow, great stuff here, as usual from you. Like most are saying, I think the second set of Bandits stuff is stronger. Something about the eyes on the ball in the first set didn't do it for me, although I'm still trying to put a finger on why I don't like it. I do, however love the wordmark with the skyline behind it. On the other hand, I absolutely love the Capone set. I'm diggin' the alt with him leaning on the bat.

The rest of the work posted is brilliant as well. The superheroes shirt is amazing.

The Geese hat is really neat. And as much as I like the first option for the River Bandits, I'll have to agree that option two is better because it is way more unique. The uniforms for both sets are perfect. And those striped black stirrups are the exact style I want to get.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

- Something about the ball's eyes bothers me. They needa have a mean look to them, add more detail, instead of the all red eye you have going now.

- Unifroms are awesome! Love the return of stirups, even the football style 3 stripe works will with the concept. The best jersey hands down is the black one on the both sets.

#2 - WINNER

- The primary logo is one of the sickest logos I've seen on this bored, its very classic. All around this logo set is far better then the first one.

Overall #2 is the winner, very nice work on both.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I think the manager is leaning towards the updated ball/bandana, not that I feel its a bad logo, I just like the Capone much better. I had a few people at work say the same thing about the eyes. Although I hate everything I do about 12 hours after its done, I'm still not seeing the trouble with the eyes. I think I may be filling in some blanks with my own mind though. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.

He hasn't shown it to the players yet so I hope they get him going in the Capone direction.

Archived