Metallica's new "old" logo

BadSeed84

So metallica unveiled their album cover for death magnetic

http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=601021

So it appears they are back to using the good old metallica logo we love and know from the 80s.

But, not exactly, as they made some tweaks, most notably is the first A and ends of the C

j8o4zb.jpg

A part of me doesn't like it cause Ive always known the old logo, and always liked how the letters looked in it.

But then I do see how it kinda flows better and is cleaner, so I wouldn't upgrade of downgrade, a sidegrade!

I'm also expecting a return to their roots with their new music.

Here's hoping so. I didn't think that St. Anger was all that good, so we don't really want another one of that. :P

EDIT: Just noticed that at the top of the website, they are in fact using the original logo, with the slanted 'A' and the 'C'.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

There was a song performed during the German leg of the European tour from 2006. It's only known as "New Song", and I think it's on YouTube. Sirius was playing some versions of it, depending on the city of performance.

If this is any indication of what the rest of the songs will sound like, it will be just like St. Anger.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Doesn't matter. Metallica's last good album was "?And Justice For All".

You're high. The 'Black Album' was a freakin' MASTERPIECE.

I'm no Metallica fan, but I would tend to agree -- the Black Album was quite the accomplishment.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Based on samples I've heard, Metallica's got the snare turned on this album and there are numerous lengthy guitar solos.

...so it can't possibly sound as bad as St. Anger.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm no Metallica fan, but I would tend to agree -- the Black Album was quite the accomplishment.

It was a commercial success but I agree with Fiasco... anything after "Justice" is rooted more in making them more marketable and they slowly lost credibility. When I saw 50 year old women at a show during the Black Album's tour screaming for "Unforgiven" I got pretty jaded. I fell for the more radio friendly music too... then I revisited older Metallica and longed for those days.

It was a commercial success but I agree with Fiasco... anything after "Justice" is rooted more in making them more marketable and they slowly lost credibility. When I saw 50 year old women at a show during the Black Album's tour screaming for "Unforgiven" I got pretty jaded. I fell for the more radio friendly music too... then I revisited older Metallica and longed for those days.

I was indifferent to "Enter Sandman" when it came out, but once I saw them play it at the MTV Awards, and saw everyone in the crowd dancing to it, including 'gangstas' pogoing around, I went and listened to Master of Puppets for about three days straight.

Not that there's anything wrong with crossover appeal, but it seemed to me that a band that was so proud of not caring about airplay or mass acceptance suddenly writing an entire album of radio-ready rock (not even 'metal' anymore, but 'rock') was a complete sell-out.

So, long story short, Fiasco, Red-Eye and I are right, the rest of you are philistines.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I was indifferent to "Enter Sandman" when it came out, but once I saw them play it at the MTV Awards, and saw everyone in the crowd dancing to it, including 'gangstas' pogoing around, I went and listened to Master of Puppets for about three days straight.

Not that there's anything wrong with crossover appeal, but it seemed to me that a band that was so proud of not caring about airplay or mass acceptance suddenly writing an entire album of radio-ready rock (not even 'metal' anymore, but 'rock') was a complete sell-out.

So, long story short, Fiasco, Red-Eye and I are right, the rest of you are philistines.

No album starts off better than Justice with Blackened. That song is a goddamned masterpiece. Every song on the album flows into one another perfectly. They should have called it quits after touring for Justice.

You can totally see a difference in the heavier pounding in Justice than the thrash of Master of Puppets. I used to think Justice was the best release, but it's definitely Master.

Justice definitely brings a more seemless transition to The Black Album, and it's easier to hear how the progession to less thrash came about.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I grew up on Metallica. My brother took my Teddy Ruxpin when i was 4 years old and had him sing "Ride the Lightning" to me.

...Justice is the album that changed my life, when at 11-12-13 years of age i listened to that album all day, every day. To me, it is Metallica's opus. They have not, nor will they ever do work that can be compared to that album.

The Black Album was good, but is nothing compared to any of the earlier albums.

(Load, Re-Load, St.Anger, in my eyes, do not exist and never happened.... ever.)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I grew up on Metallica. My brother took my Teddy Ruxpin when i was 4 years old and had him sing "Ride the Lightning" to me.

...Justice is the album that changed my life, when at 11-12-13 years of age i listened to that album all day, every day. To me, it is Metallica's opus. They have not, nor will they ever do work that can be compared to that album.

(Load, Re-Load, St.Anger, in my eyes, do not exist and never happened.... ever.)

What, no love for S&M?! How about the Mission: Impossible Soundtrack?!

Actually, I'm glad they're coming out with something new. Even though I've been let down by every Metallica release since The Black Album, I'm still beside myself with anticipation.

Sigs are for sissies.

What, no love for S&M?! How about the Mission: Impossible Soundtrack?!

Actually, I'm glad they're coming out with something new. Even though I've been let down by every Metallica release since The Black Album, I'm still beside myself with anticipation.

I absolutley loved S&M, fantastic. I'm a fan of symphonic rock, if pulled off well, and the SFS and Metallica were sublime when paired.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Reload was my first metallica album.

I may be the only one here who likes the load's. I do think tho the first 4 albums are the best, and the black album is still damn good.

But yea, St. Anger is definatly the worst.

I grew up falling in love with Load, ReLoad, and then acquired the Black album and whatever else they'd come out with in the 90's. I only heard a few of their older songs, but that wasn't the Metallica I knew really. Then I bought S&M and was so impressed with it, I realized I missed out on some awesome :censored: from the 80's. I listened to the older albums and liked them but because I didn't grow up with them I didn't get into them as much. However, St. Anger made me kind of want to throw up. I have it sitting around gathering dust on a shelf somewhere, but it's a :censored:ty album altogether, reflective of how low Metallica was at during production.

Death Magnetic is going to be :censored:ing awesome. It seems like they're finally at the stage where they can cut out allllllll the bull:censored: and play music they want to to hear and love to make, not necessarily songs they feel like they need to hear and are forced to create based on expectations.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived