Jets wearing Titans throwbacks in home opener

TrueYankee26

Why would you use throwbacks based on a miserable period in your history? (As in, the franchise almost went bankrupt and played terrible football before tens of thousands of empty seats.)

While not going bankrupt, the rest can be applied to the present-day situation

Eh, the fans show up when they have breasts to see, or when Pennington gets injured, or does anything else, really.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

As a season ticket holder (Yes, I enter Gate D...insert joke here), I'm bummed that they'll be wearing them for the home opener. I do like them, but only for once a season. I would've pitted them against the Bills for that old AFL matchup in December. If they so insisted on 2 games, then KC on October 26th would've been better. But at least the Pats are an old AFL team, unlike the Eagles who they wore them against last season.

And no, the Jets should remain green and white. That's what they've been their entire history as the Jets, they're Gang Green, and Green is so under-utilized across the professional sports spectrum...

Of course, a Wesley Walker era throwback would be my preferred one anyway...hell, even the 90's switch to the black facemask and number outline would work for me too...Plus, any excuse to post a picture of Browning Nagle is a plus:

348913.jpg

(Well, they'd be wearing the green set of course...)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Also, they had this:

072308_jets_40th_anniversary_sb_patch_320.jpg

It'll be worn on the left side of the uniform as a patch vs. KC on October 25th to honor the SB III Champs at Halftime...

The article also mentioned white Titans throwbacks for 2009 for the 50th anniversary of the Franchise (1960-2009...they weren't the Jets unitl 1963...)

Of course, a Wesley Walker era throwback would be my preferred one anyway...hell, even the 90's switch to the black facemask and number outline would work for me too...Plus, any excuse to post a picture of Browning Nagle is a plus:

Ugh. I hated those uniforms then, hate them now.

I love the Titans' color scheme - glad to see it back any time. And a road version will be interesting - wonder if they'll use the solid white, or this version:

2655672685_203576826f_o.jpg

I love the Titans' color scheme - glad to see it back any time. And a road version will be interesting - wonder if they'll use the solid white, or this version:

2655672685_203576826f_o.jpg

I would assume that version...but we all know what happens when you assume...

The article also mentioned white Titans throwbacks for 2009 for the 50th anniversary of the Franchise (1960-2009...they weren't the Jets unitl 1963...)

Rumor has it that the Pats will be doing the same thing in 2009 - busting out the Pat Patriot throwbacks to commemorate their 50th anniversary. Now, I love the red threads, but I would LOVE to see these make a return...

809d_1.JPG

Rumor has it that the Pats will be doing the same thing in 2009 - busting out the Pat Patriot throwbacks to commemorate their 50th anniversary. Now, I love the red threads, but I would LOVE to see these make a return...

809d_1.JPG

Despite their inaccuracies?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2009 is of course the 50th Anniversary of the eight original AFL teams, but since 2009 will also be the NFL's 90th anniversary, it's possible that the other 24 teams would bust out throwbacks.

If all of the old AFL teams all did something like this again for their golden anniversary, I'd be thrilled:

4plcc3h5xg4cghh6pmhj.gifsngv9fk6pz797ac5inqm.gif

If the Jets are going to do throwback uniforms, then they need to break out the kelly and white gear from the 1980s. New York would at least be recognizable in them, and as a bouns, they were actually semi-relevant during those years. ^_^

25_11%20McNEIL%20FRONT%20G.jpg25_05%20KLECKO%20FRONT%20W.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

I prefer this era

boomer.jpg.w180h260.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I prefer this era

boomer.jpg.w180h260.jpg

I would take the black trim/Champion digit days of Rich Kotite anyday over those meaningless navy and gold Titans throwbacks.

The Jets should wear those Titans' throwbacks for every game. They need to restart their history anyway!

Archived