Who Would You Put On A Team Canada Baseball Jersey?

Waleslax

Oh, come on: A Canada jersey in Chicago, and you even have to ask? Obviously, the correct answer is Diefenbaker, though the number is a trickier question.

Alternately, there's Terrance or Phillip, again leaving the number question open. Or the name July and the number 1. What would McKenzie's number be?

If you're not personally Canadian, and you insist on a pedestrian ballplayer's name, then you have to put a comma, and "eh", and a question mark after the name. As in, BAY, EH?

As to the second question, of course you can put any name you want on it, whether they played for Team Canada or not. Yes, if you can find anyone who actually knows who played for Team Canada and when, and who is also a judgmental jerk, that person will think poorly of you. But exactly zero Americans both know and care about membership on Team Canada, and actual Canadians unlikely to be both (A) in Chicago and (B) judgmental jerks, so you're safe.

20082614447.png

Probably Erik Bedard.

I'd definitely say do NOT put someone on the jersey who never wore it. Even if you don't overly care about accuracy, to anyone who knows better, you'll look ignorant.

Yeah, those Canadian Baseball superfans are a real tough crowd.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Probably Erik Bedard.

I'd definitely say do NOT put someone on the jersey who never wore it. Even if you don't overly care about accuracy, to anyone who knows better, you'll look ignorant.

Beware of the Maple bats....

I saw, I came, I left.

Probably Erik Bedard.

Beware of the Maple bats....

Geddy Lee.. with the number 2112

Awesome; I'm glad I asked because I got some really great ideas. Morneau, for instance, sure would piss off Sox fans...

I may have been swayed to go w/ Fergie Jenkins. As cool as Harden or Dempster would be, they could leave or get hurt or something. Jenkins won't have that problem.

Like I said in my post, I'm usually a stickler for accuracy, but the combination of people probably not knowing that Harden or Dempster didn't play for team Canada, plus my lack of a good Yankee or Cub to put on the jersey is leading me to stray this time...

I've still got time though, so more ideas are welcome. :)

Archived