New Kentucky Football Uniforms

jimsimo

I always liked KU's now old set. It was modern but not too crazy. This is too plain and the side stripes ruin it. Who thought that was a good idea?

UK. Kansas is KU, Kentucky is UK. And as a Kentucky fan, and mainly a Missouri fan, please never make that error again. :P

haha My bad there McCall.

Are the numbers outlined in gray? Is gray an official school color?

The school offical colors are still blue and white, but gray has been used as an accent color consistently for men's basketball since Nike took over their contract from Converse in 1997/98; it was added to football when they took over for all the sports a few years ago.

However, gray was first used on a set that UK only wore a couple of times in Pitino's first season (1989/90). However, the team mostly wore leftover blue & white uniforms from the Sutton era.

I'd rather them add grey then black if they need another color. I'm not an anti-monochrom guy normally, but I don't care for this. Give them some white pants.

yep, i enjoy the added grey that they use quite sparingly. Gotta stay away from black. some of the club teams use it hear and there but I don't think you'll ever see much black added to UK. Obviously it would make us look closer to Duke.

At first glance, I thought the side panel stripes were the "UK" logo because of how the fabric is stretched in the photo. The logo would make as much sense as 4 inch stripes!

I thought it was the UK logo until you said it was a stripe.

I'm even on it but I think the side stripes are out of place. They don't start or finish at a normal start point and as someone else said, they look like UK's. I am surprised more teams have not tried to do something unusual like that

I always liked KU's now old set. It was modern but not too crazy. This is too plain and the side stripes ruin it. Who thought that was a good idea?

KU? Kansas? Kentucky has always been and will always be UK.

EDIT: I guess I should have read the rest of the thread first. lol

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

love those pants. nice blend of traditional with modern. i hope that's a new trend for nike.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived