Minnesota Wild Concept

elliott

Hey everyone.

For some reason, I am never satisfied with the way the layout looks on my concepts. I worked on it for a while, experimenting to get a more professional look, and I am pretty happy with the way it looks. I had been using a lot of drop shadow lately, I got rid of that, instead surrounding the uniforms with a silver stroke, since my jerseys are on colored backgrounds now (previous concepts were always on white/silver backgrounds). Here is my new layout, used on the Coyotes current uniforms. I tried to make everything on the jersey, including the actual EDGE template-cut, as accurate as possible. This, of course, is not my actual concept, but here is the layout:

CoyotesLayout2.gif

OK, so now on to my Wild idea. (This is not the exact template as the above Coyotes jerseys, I made some tweaks to it, so the Coyotes one is "final") I decided that they really have no identity with a retro style of jersey, since they are the most recent expansion class in the NHL. The template is pretty modern. I used basic block numbers b/c the current (road) numbers are distracting with their random serifs, IMO. Gone is the circle logo, and green in the new home color. I have an alternate idea that I might share, a more retro jersey.

So here it is. Comments on the layout would be nice, but really I want to make the Wild concept better. Thanks.

MinnesotaWildConcept2008.gif

Here in St. Paul we like the red home jerseys but you made these jerseys better than what we have right now. I think the wild need a new logo other than that ugly bear thing. I do love how the lines on this jersey seem to flow other than the lines on the current jerseys that seem to cut in different directions. These jerseys are better than the ones we have right now other than our red home jerseys. Good job though I like these a lot.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I like the return to green - not everyone in St. Paul likes the red. (And, yes, I have a red jersey.)I have thought since the '03-'04 ASG, the Wild should use those jerseys as their template.The classic, clean lines and use of cream as accent to the red and green are no-brainers in my opinion.

That being said, I like these. I think it would take a while to get used to them (like it did for the red, for me anyway). I do like that you used the full logo as opposed to the tiny-head-in-the-circle they use on the current home set.

The logo is one of the best in sports history and the only thing that saved the team from the most horrible name ever chosen for a pro franchise.

I think I would buy one of these and throw out my current red one. Good job.

The jersey, for me, has a retro/modern vibe going and I like it. If the Wild were to way these as home and away, plus the current red jersey (add some waist stripes) they would be the best looking team in the NHL.

How can anyone hate the logo? It may be one of the greatest logos ever designed, its creative and unique. I like the current red jersey they have but they need to bring back the waist stripes and introduce a wheat coloured version to have as there away jersey. Then bust out this green jersey you made here as the new alternate.

Big props for this concept man, its sharp and I would love to see the Wild in these unis.

*EDIT*

Add a wheat stripe to the socks, get rid of the red pant stripe and maybe add a nice looking shoulder logo and these would be perfect.

Also, please bring out an alternate, Id love to see it.

beLEAF

Loving the new layout.

Thanks. That might have made my day.

Here is my alternate idea. Retro, obviously. I went with the downward sloping wordmark simply because they are rumored to have this on their new thirds. Also, though, it helps with the retro feel.

WildAlternate2008.gif

View it full size, it looks way better when you can see the details.

Love the jerseys a lot. This combination of retro and modern striping looks really nice.

For the alternate, I think I would rather see MINNESOTA as a diagonal instead of WILD. The shorter the word, the more awkward it looks when put diagonally on a jersey, IMO.

Wade-sig.png

wow, incredible!

(**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

I love the wild but in no way do they have one of the best logos. It is creative, yes, but it has too much going on in my opinion. And what is it? Is it a bear? The good logos are the simple ones like the maple leafs.

This is the greatest new era logo in all of pro sports. You're not supposed to know exactly what it is... That the point of making it Androgenous, all you are supposed to be able to tell is that it is representative of the MN "wild"-erness. As well it encompasses the North-star which kicks ass!!!

Only a team with an extended history such as Toronto, or Montreal can get away with a simple logo, infringing on boring. This is on account of the fact that they dont need their "look" to sell jerseys... they already have a fan base that will show up in blue every night whether thay suck or not. Teams like Minny need a sharp looking set that a fan would love to buy and wear... this set qualifies, well done. This is the greatest new era logo in all of pro sports and now has a terrific set to go with it!!!

franchise.jpg

I love the wild but in no way do they have one of the best logos. It is creative, yes, but it has too much going on in my opinion. And what is it? Is it a bear? The good logos are the simple ones like the maple leafs.

This is the greatest new era logo in all of pro sports. You're not supposed to know exactly what it is... That the point of making it Androgenous, all you are supposed to be able to tell is that it is representative of the MN "wild"-erness. As well it encompasses the North-star which kicks ass!!!

Only a team with an extended history such as Toronto, or Montreal can get away with a simple logo, infringing on boring. This is on account of the fact that they dont need their "look" to sell jerseys... they already have a fan base that will show up in blue every night whether thay suck or not. Teams like Minny need a sharp looking set that a fan would love to buy and wear... this set qualifies, well done. This is the greatest new era logo in all of pro sports and now has a terrific set to go with it!!!

It doesn't matter if their logo is a modernized logo or if it is a classic logo, people in Minnesota WILL buy merchandise for the wild because we love the game. Whether we have a good or bad logo, you will see people in Minnesota with Wild merchandise I guarantee it.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

By the way I do love the alternatesbut they would look better if it said Minnesota instead of wild. You should try out a couple more teams if they are going to look this good.

Don't worry, I have a bunch of teams ready to unveil but I'd rather wait a while between concepts. Thanks though.

Elliott, those are outstanding concepts... simply outstanding! However, I might be in the minority, but I'd rather see the primary logo on ALL the jerseys you have, including the alternate. Either their current secondary logo or alternate logo could go on the shoulders. I'm just not a fan of the wordmarks on the front of jerseys except for the Rangers, my hometown team. I'm so thrilled you had used my two other very serious favorite teams of mine out west in the Wild and Coyotes.

I would LOVE to see your concepts re-created for actual jerseys and see how they look. Chances are, I'd buy one!

If you plan to do a Rangers concept such as with the Lady Liberty logo, I'd encourage you to give it a whirl... I must hint that I love everything about that design with the lone exception being that I hate the jazzed up logo on the shoulders.

If you don't mind, I'd like to share your concept at a place I also post at regularly. It is a hockey forum where myself and fellow Wild fans have talked about third jerseys. I'll bet you'll get positive feedback, too.

Archived