Who in the Bills organization is so in love with their current unis?

wman

I need to know. Yes, I know it's been years, and it's been beat to death that the home combo looks like something my three year old put together.

But why does it stay? Ralph Wilson debt being repaid?

Please, someone explain how these uniforms remain, year after year....

Bring back the Whale!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need to know. Yes, I know it's been years, and it's been beat to death that the home combo looks like something my three year old put together.

the home jerseys aren't that bad,it's the white away jerseys that i despise

the home jerseys aren't that bad,it's the white away jerseys that i despise

I don't think either the home or away uniforms would be all that bad if only they wore the white pants with the dark jerseys and the dark pants with the white jerseys. The white on white combination is not the greatest and the dark on dark is positively ghastly.

Haha, I was just skimming this post and I thought it said Bulls in the title. I was starting to wonder why everyone but me hated the Bulls jerseys... As for the Bills jerseys, they are easily the worst in the league IMO.

The thing is, while I love their throwbacks, I don't get everyone who says their current logo sucks and/or is way too dated. I happen to think its great. There has to be a way they can maybe keep that as their primary yet use the throwback helmets or something...

Or just keep the throwbacks as just that--throwbacks, and update the Jim Kelly era uniforms. Not so plain, but a simpler red helmet and the blue jersey/white pants.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

That said, the Bills should immediately go back to a 1970's-era style, ditching their current look and the red helmets while they're at it.

i don't understand everyone's love of the bills throwbacks...yes, they're better than the primary home and road, but they're still awful. the helmets are terrible, and the stripes look god-awful on make-believe sleeves.

maybe it's my age showing, but the bills should look like a modernized version of this:

image_243.jpg

red helmet, current logo. blue jersey (navy or royal, i'm not picky) with white pants. simple jersey style, like tampa/philly/miami wear, but in bills colors of red and one-tone blue.

i don't understand everyone's love of the bills throwbacks...yes, they're better than the primary home and road, but they're still awful. the helmets are terrible, and the stripes look god-awful on make-believe sleeves

Cause, they're "throwbacks". Anything that was worn 40 years ago, was cool and would look good today. :P

The Bills need to dump the throwbacks and dump the current mess they wear, and come up with a classy, clean, simple look.

My suggestion:

COLORS- Royal Blue (very few teams have royal blue now), red, silver (nickle) and white.

HELMET- Royal Blue helmet, current logo on helmet. No stripe on helmet. Helmet may be metallic (ala Tampa Bay).

HOME JERSEY- Royal Blue, with white number trimmed in nickle and red. Number on shoulder. Nickle and red around the collar and sleeve cuff. Secondary logo on the sleeve.

ROAD JERSEY- White, with royal blue number trimmed in nickle and red. Number on shoulder. Nickle and royal blue around the collar and sleeve cuff. Secondary logo on sleeve.

ALT JERSEY- Red, with white number trimmed in nickle and blue. Number on shoulder. Nickle and royal blue around the collar and sleeve cup. Secondary logo on sleeve.

PANTS- Choice of nickle pants (with a blue stripe, with a thin red outline on either side) or royal blue pants (with a nickle stripe, with a thin red outline on either side).

SOCKS- Solid royal blue would be worn with all uniforms.

SHOES- Black.

-This would be a simple (which after the current uniforms are VERY needed), clean, classic-looking uniform, emphasizing royal blue (which harkens back to the glory days of the late 80's and 90's of Bill football), but fits in with a modern-day 2000's type of football uniform. Give it a try.

I don't think anyone in the current organization is in love with them.

The current uniforms were the braindchild of former GM Tom Donahoe, who was also the bright mind behind signing Drew Bledsoe, hiring Mike Mularkey as head coach, trading up to the first round to draft JP Losman......I could go on.

I know the players LOVE wearing the throwback. I'd be 100% in favour of using them full-time, provided they keep their current "streaking buffalo" logo, on the white helmet and relegate the standing red buffalo to a secondary logo.

The NFL apparently requires that a team making a uni/logo change stick with it for a minimum of 5 years.

I can't say I've ever heard of the "five-year rule".

Regardless, I believe the Bills went into ugly-mode in 2002, so time's up. Go retro and be done with it already!

6uXNWAo.png

i don't understand everyone's love of the bills throwbacks...yes, they're better than the primary home and road, but they're still awful. the helmets are terrible, and the stripes look god-awful on make-believe sleeves

Cause, they're "throwbacks". Anything that was worn 40 years ago, was cool and would look good today. :P

The Bills need to dump the throwbacks and dump the current mess they wear, and come up with a classy, clean, simple look.

My suggestion:

COLORS- Royal Blue (very few teams have royal blue now), red, silver (nickle) and white.

HELMET- Royal Blue helmet, current logo on helmet. No stripe on helmet. Helmet may be metallic (ala Tampa Bay).

HOME JERSEY- Royal Blue, with white number trimmed in nickle and red. Number on shoulder. Nickle and red around the collar and sleeve cuff. Secondary logo on the sleeve.

ROAD JERSEY- White, with royal blue number trimmed in nickle and red. Number on shoulder. Nickle and royal blue around the collar and sleeve cuff. Secondary logo on sleeve.

ALT JERSEY- Red, with white number trimmed in nickle and blue. Number on shoulder. Nickle and royal blue around the collar and sleeve cup. Secondary logo on sleeve.

PANTS- Choice of nickle pants (with a blue stripe, with a thin red outline on either side) or royal blue pants (with a nickle stripe, with a thin red outline on either side).

SOCKS- Solid royal blue would be worn with all uniforms.

SHOES- Black.

-This would be a simple (which after the current uniforms are VERY needed), clean, classic-looking uniform, emphasizing royal blue (which harkens back to the glory days of the late 80's and 90's of Bill football), but fits in with a modern-day 2000's type of football uniform. Give it a try.

So, basically, the Patriots with royal blue instead of navy and a royal helmet? No thank you. Red is a sorely underused helmet color in the NFL, and it should stay. All they really need to do is pick a shade of blue (preferably royal) and eliminate the extraneous elements (piping and side inserts). If they want to devise a quality secondary logo and move the numbers to the shoulders, that would be just fine also.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

The standing buffalo logo should return, with all due respect to the streaking buffalo logo (which, I think, always looked a little off--clunky, forced). I think the standing buffalo is a striking, dignified image which is immediately identified with Buffalo, New York ( I believe the logo was modeled after a statue of the great beast which once stood outside the old train station in Buffalo) And frankly, without sleeves, why bother with these false stripes we see today? Why don't the Bills really simplify and go back to their first look?

KempJack1.jpg

Edubenion-JohnnyGreen.jpg

i'm not a fan of the current jersey sets and i wish they would go back to their old blue ones, or some update of it. and it's probably because i grew up watching the Bills in their blue jersey-red helmet set, so that's all i know, but i don't understand the hate for those red helmets. i mean, i like the throwback, standing buffalo white helmets, but from what i've gathered, the current "dashing buffalo" logo has been used for like 30years now, or is it just the red color that everyone hates?

The two tones of blue are awful and the huge yokes on the white jersey is equally as terrible. I think their crappiness is accentuated more by how awesome their throwbacks are.

Archived