The new FSN scoreboard

TrueYankee26

Hey guys, I don't post much, but I was wondering if there was going to be a thread about this, and sure enough there is. I love the new look, not only the bug itself, but the transitions. I have plenty of screens, which I'll post below, but first I want to touch on the network title bugs that were mentioned in here. From what I gathered from going through all of the FSNs I have, pretty much every FSN except Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh is rolling with the FS"Region" bug. FSN Prime Ticket simply says "Prime Ticket" in all white letters. Hope that answers some questions.

As promised:

The score graphic going to and coming from commercial

http://img521c.imageshack.us/img521/1957/i...50svideoqv5.jpg

Basic scoreboard pic (sorry for the stretching, it was HD originally)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2259/im...0svideo1cv0.jpg

Touchdown graphic part one

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7545/im...56svideoeu5.jpg

Touchdown graphic part two (note the logo behind the text)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7636/im...6svideo1gh3.jpg

Down and distance example

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2391/im...8svideo1gr9.jpg

Player info example

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8288/im...52svideooh2.jpg

I have a few more but imageshack doesn't want to work right now.

Thanks for the images, the transitions are awesome, and the new intro is awesome too.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, I don't post much, but I was wondering if there was going to be a thread about this, and sure enough there is. I love the new look, not only the bug itself, but the transitions. I have plenty of screens, which I'll post below, but first I want to touch on the network title bugs that were mentioned in here. From what I gathered from going through all of the FSNs I have, pretty much every FSN except Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh is rolling with the FS"Region" bug. FSN Prime Ticket simply says "Prime Ticket" in all white letters. Hope that answers some questions.

Watching the Huskies game here in Seattle, I can tell you that the upper right corner only said FSN with the "N" in white.

pretty much every FSN except Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh is rolling with the FS"Region" bug. FSN Prime Ticket simply says "Prime Ticket" in all white letters. Hope that answers some questions.

This is because all the FSNs except for RM, Pittsburgh and one other are owned by Fox. Liberty Media will probably take a while to fully adapt the look on RM and Pitt.

ffsfasfd.gifsigyj5.png

Think we'll see this look for the NFL on FOX this Sunday?

Nah

Yeah, probably not, because that is a total different package and set. I was hoping that the "Nets" would get the left over MLB graphics, after the parent network switched over to the NFL look. Probably look for next year for the changes in baseball, and maybe see some new graphics for NBA/NHL on FS(region) in the near future.

packchampionslfroh.png

pretty much every FSN except Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh is rolling with the FS"Region" bug. FSN Prime Ticket simply says "Prime Ticket" in all white letters. Hope that answers some questions.

This is because all the FSNs except for RM, Pittsburgh and one other are owned by Fox. Liberty Media will probably take a while to fully adapt the look on RM and Pitt.

The other Liberty-owned FSN channel is Northwest.

FSN Detroit has the new font logo up as part of a weather delay notice. They've still been using the old game broadcast graphics on Tigers games, and this is first time I recall seeing the new logo outside the college football broadcasts last week. Cell phone picture coming in a few.

Braves game today used the FoxBar just as always on FSN South. I for one will be sad to see this look go away. I'm not a fan of the tiny box, and I'm not sure about this whole "FS" thing either.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

No it doesn't. New York is too big for a generic "Fox Sports Net" channel. MSG is much more fitting, and probably produces superior coverage.

Ever since the Yankees started YES and the Mets followed suit with SNY, MSG and MSG+ (formerly FSNY) have gone down the tubes, unless you are a Fran Healy fan. To be fair, though, MSG+ was also unwatchable while it was FSNY once the Mets left, except for Islanders and Devils games (if you're a fan of them).

No it doesn't. New York is too big for a generic "Fox Sports Net" channel. MSG is much more fitting, and probably produces superior coverage.

Because LA is the 2nd largest and it has 2 FSN channels :shocked:

The difference here is that New York City has four regional sports networks, while Los Angeles only has two. Also, except for the Yankees, Mets and Nets (to a lesser extent), the rest of the local teams (except the Giants and Jets, of course) have cable-only coverage. All of the Los Angeles-area teams, with the exception of the Kings and the MLS teams, have significant over-the-air coverage.

I have the DirecTV Sports Pack, so I get all of the regional sports networks, and I probably watch MSG the most, especially the MSG Vault show with Al Trautwig and, if I'm home, WWE's MSG Classics. I sample many of the channels, depending what I feel like watching.

I used to know Tina Cervasio professionally and she's at MSG because she wanted to work closer in proximity to her family and her and her husband don't have to travel back and forth to Boston as they did when she was at NESN. She appears to be getting more time on MSG, NY because there aren't as many anchors as there used to be at the network. I saw Jonathan Coachman now at ESPNEWS, so it appears he's no longer with MSG (he's off the on-air talent list).

I know some of you guys think Tina's eye candy, but she is an informative reporter/show host and isn't just a pretty face. Then again, I won't be surprised if you're eyeing Jill Martin or even yet the 42-year-old Deb Placey.

Undoubtedly MSG has gone into the crapper. That is unless you like the entertainment programming. I'd only watch MSG, NY if it is a huge sports day or simply after a Rangers game. That's about it nowadays. Want your local sports highlights? You're better off watching SportsNite on SportsNet New York (SNY).

Thank goodness MSG (and MSG+) now has a decent graphics look because their previous network logo and graphics sucked.

• 1 month later...

An update on this: FSN Detroit seems to be using the updated FSRegion graphics a bit more recently; for example, they have it on their calendar of events now.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/8593836

Also, I saw a bit of the Red Wings season preview show the other night, and it seemed to be using an updated graphics package. The preseason games they televised still used the regular Fox box, though. If they are going to switch over to something new, I guess we'll see Saturday night when they have their first regular season telecast.

Archived