The new FSN scoreboard

TrueYankee26

Undoubtedly MSG has gone into the crapper.

I think the channel is taking a lot of the upstate crowd into effect. After the Yankees left, no one in Central and Western New York watched MSG. Now that they carry Sabres' games there are a lot more viewers over here.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually saw the new FOX BOX when Vs showed the highlights of the Anaheim Ducks vs San Jose Sharks, it was FSN West's coverage BTW

It was actually Prime Ticket. The channel logo on the screen read "PTDUCKS".

I really liked this icon for hockey. The power plays come up just like the down and distance for football. It also morphs into a different stat such as shots. Information, like the last goal and assists, pops out of the right side.

From what I was seeing on the Ducks' broadcast, it's the best thing that's happened to a hockey broadcast in a long time. I don't need a damn bar across the screen. Just give me the score and the time. I've seen old Ducks-Kings games and lo and behold there was no score on the broadcast, and you could see more action. Honestly if the announcers would do their job and follow the logic that I think it was Chick Hearn told Kings announcer Bob Miller (I could be wrong on that), but give the score every few minutes because there are always new people tuning in. If they followed that logic, then we wouldn't need all this crap on the screen. Also I noticed that I think the PT was orange followed by Ducks.

I actually saw the new FOX BOX when Vs showed the highlights of the Anaheim Ducks vs San Jose Sharks, it was FSN West's coverage BTW

It was actually Prime Ticket. The channel logo on the screen read "PTDUCKS".

I really liked this icon for hockey. The power plays come up just like the down and distance for football. It also morphs into a different stat such as shots. Information, like the last goal and assists, pops out of the right side.

Alright, thanks for correcting me

I watched the Ducks/Sharks last night as well and it's beautiful.

Every aspect of it whether it's during play or off-play stats and boxes and profiles and all that. It's beautiful. The transitions are smooth and clean.

I love it.

And yeah FSN Prime Ticket was viewed as PTDUCKS

So I assume any other team on Prime Ticket (or possibly FSN West also) might be viewed the same way i.e.

PTKINGS

PTCLIPPERS

PTLAKERS

or

FSKINGS

FSCLIPPERS

FSLAKERS

They may keep the "West" rather than the team name, but I guess we can find out tomorrow for the Kings/Sharks game or if anyone is wathing their local FSN affiate today

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Pulled a screengrab off of the Stars telecast tonight on the Center Ice free preview:

fsscoreboard.jpg

I like it. Gets the pertinent info across, and gives more screen back to the viewer - letting the picture tell more of the story.

FSN Southwest, eh?

No no See, its Fox Sports Stars ;)

So I guess it will be like I predicted

FSSTARS

Anyways

LOVE IT!

(Hate the score... boo... Stars Suck!)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Dallas Stars showcased the display on Fox Sports Network Southwest tonight. Though we lost with 20 seconds to go in OT. =(

Conversation above was an un-seen artifact during the duration i wrote the comments above.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Archived