The new FSN scoreboard

TrueYankee26

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FSN Rocky Mountain is showing the Rocky Mountain Showdown right now, and the bug says "FSN" (that may have something to do with the fact that FSNRM is owned by Liberty Media and not Fox; LM might just be starting it; the Rockies @ Padres game right before it had the top bar).

ffsfasfd.gifsigyj5.png

i don't mind the fox bar so much, especially for football. The top of the screen is generally covered by the sideline anyway, so the bar definitely isn't obstructive while providing more info than what a scorebox can offer. i do have a major problem with networks that place the bar too low and then places a secondary bar on the bottom (ESPN). too much wasted screen estate with information everywhere is very distracting.

I wondered if the new scoreboard will be in the NBA and the NHL or it's only for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

I hope it gets adopted for the NBA, NHL, and MLB.

Hope your right because when the LA KINGS returned to KCOP 13 this upcoming season I hope that they have this graphics.

BTW...

Any word of ESPN and NBC getting new graphics for both MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL and SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL?

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

i don't mind the fox bar so much, especially for football. The top of the screen is generally covered by the sideline anyway, so the bar definitely isn't obstructive while providing more info than what a scorebox can offer. i do have a major problem with networks that place the bar too low and then places a secondary bar on the bottom (ESPN). too much wasted screen estate with information everywhere is very distracting.

I could deal with the top bar in football if Fox didn't superimpose that giant down-and-distance arrow on the field. It's like my IQ drops on every play.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wondered if the new scoreboard will be in the NBA and the NHL or it's only for COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

I hope it gets adopted for the NBA, NHL, and MLB.

Hope your right because when the LA KINGS returned to KCOP 13 this upcoming season I hope that they have this graphics.

BTW...

Any word of ESPN and NBC getting new graphics for both MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL and SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL?

I think the graphics will stay the same for ESPN and NBC, it takes 3-5 years for channels to get new on screen GFX

I could deal with the top bar in football if Fox didn't superimpose that giant down-and-distance arrow on the field. It's like my IQ drops on every play.

Newsflash: everyone does that nowadays......................... :shocked:

I wouldn't be surprised if NBC keeps its graphics the same this fall - no time to fix them while working on the Olympics - then comes up with something new at the Super Bowl.

Fox, however, has made midseason changes before.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

ESPN has said it will be launching a new Monday Night Football graphics package which keeps all graphics on the lower-third of the screen. The package is to be called "Dashboard" and is supposed to give the screen back to the viewer. For more: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1059567

Lower third? Does anyone else see that as a ridiculous amount of screen space to be taken up with ESPN's nonsense? That's just not right.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

ESPN has said it will be launching a new Monday Night Football graphics package which keeps all graphics on the lower-third of the screen. The package is to be called "Dashboard" and is supposed to give the screen back to the viewer. For more: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1059567

Lower third? Does anyone else see that as a ridiculous amount of screen space to be taken up with ESPN's nonsense? That's just not right.

I believe they meant all the graphics will be located in the lower third part of the screen not that they will take up 1/3rd of the screen.

I believe they meant all the graphics will be located in the lower third part of the screen not that they will take up 1/3rd of the screen.

I guess I misunderstood. From the above link:

?We?re giving the screen back to the viewer,? says Michael ?Spike? Szykowny, senior director, Graphics Development and Post Production Group, for ESPN Creative Services. ?Many networks have a bottom line; they have their clock and score and their miniboard. And above that, they put their insert graphics. So you?re starting to stack graphics one on top of each other.?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Newsflash: everyone does that nowadays......................... :shocked:

Maybe your right TY26.

I just assumed that with NBC hosting the SUPERBOWL and ESPN changing the scorebug of its Soccer broadcast that maybe ESPN would either used the SOCCER scorebug or is it going to be the same as COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

Regarding the new FSN bug, at first I didn't like it because it looks too plain and generic, but then I realized that FSN is syndicating its games to different outlets (MASN, Comcast, etc) and it's easier to leave open the upper right part of the screen so these different networks can put their logo there.

Anyway, I like it a lot. It's simple, non-obtrusive and gives the information you need...

Hey guys, I don't post much, but I was wondering if there was going to be a thread about this, and sure enough there is. I love the new look, not only the bug itself, but the transitions. I have plenty of screens, which I'll post below, but first I want to touch on the network title bugs that were mentioned in here. From what I gathered from going through all of the FSNs I have, pretty much every FSN except Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh is rolling with the FS"Region" bug. FSN Prime Ticket simply says "Prime Ticket" in all white letters. Hope that answers some questions.

As promised:

The score graphic going to and coming from commercial

http://img521c.imageshack.us/img521/1957/i...50svideoqv5.jpg

Basic scoreboard pic (sorry for the stretching, it was HD originally)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2259/im...0svideo1cv0.jpg

Touchdown graphic part one

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7545/im...56svideoeu5.jpg

Touchdown graphic part two (note the logo behind the text)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7636/im...6svideo1gh3.jpg

Down and distance example

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2391/im...8svideo1gr9.jpg

Player info example

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8288/im...52svideooh2.jpg

I have a few more but imageshack doesn't want to work right now.

Archived