Ultimate NFL Power Rankings

TFoA

Found this while perusing Page2...and I must say, for this to be ESPN...they got it dead on, IMO :blink:

(1-10)

(11-20)

(21-32)

And I figure I'll put this list here if you just wanna cut to the chase. (NOTE: This ranking takes into consideration post-merger accomplishments)

------------------------------

1. Cowboys

2. Steelers

3. 49ers

4. Dolphins

5. Broncos

6. Raiders

7. Vikings (threw me for a loop, though.)

8. Redskins

9. Rams

10. Patriots

11. Giants

12. Bears

13. Eagles

14. Packers

15. Ravens

16. Colts

17. Titans/Oilers

18. Bills

19. Seahawks

20. Jaguars

21. Chiefs

22. Panthers

23. Chargers

24. Bengals

25. Buccaneers

26. Falcons

27. Lions

28. Jets

29. Browns

30. Texans

31. Saints

32. Cardinals

-------------------------

Discuss?

I don't think I would put the Rams ahead of teams like the Patriots and Giants.

I would probably flip-flop the Vikings and Redskins as well.

Aside from that, the rankings seem pretty accurate. Well done, ESPN!

6uXNWAo.png

This ranking considers the teams performance since the merger. However, I think the ranking worth seeing is how teams have performed in the era of free agency. For example, without the ability to restrict player movement, how good would the Vikings or Raiders be from the 70s? To me, it's apples and oranges. I understand the choice of using the period since the merger, but the league of the 70s and 80s operate very differently from that of today. Only franchise performance since 1993 has any meaning IMO.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

How did the Jets end up behind the Lions? That's a head scratcher for me

The Jets have had the most seasons of 4 or fewer wins since the merger with 12. Detroit, surprisingly, has only had 7.

How did the Jets end up behind the Lions? That's a head scratcher for me

The Jets have had the most seasons of 4 or fewer wins since the merger with 12. Detroit, surprisingly, has only had 7.

To add on, you have to keep in mind this list is post-merger. Therefore, you've gotta throw out the Jets' Super Bowl III win.

6uXNWAo.png

When you consider how bad the Rams have been since the 1990s to today...and see they only fell to #9 overall...well, why the :censored: were they honoring Frontiere's memory last week precisely? She took what was a perennial contender and ran it into the :censored: ing ground.

I am prepared to argue that she was one of the worst owners in the post-merger NFL.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

When you consider how bad the Rams have been since the 1990s to today...and see they only fell to #9 overall...well, why the :censored: were they honoring Frontiere's memory last week precisely? She took what was a perennial contender and ran it into the :censored: ing ground.

I am prepared to argue that she was one of the worst owners in the post-merger NFL.

One of the worst, but the worst would have to be Bidwell.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Thank God for the Cardinals. <_<

Heh....ranked lower than a team that's never made the playoffs and has never come close to doing so.

Imma presume you're talking about the Saints here...and if so, your memory might be incredibly short-sighted.. (Like mine ain't, but still...)

Not only have they made the playoffs twice this decade, just two short years ago they were within one game of making the Super Bowl. (in the other game, their first home playoff game, they won it. I can still remember it like it was yesterday...thanks to "the Az-Zahir Hakim" fumble. One of the biggest playoff gaffes in recent memory.)

And for the record...I know at least one of the "Dome Patrol" teams of the '80s made it into the wild-card wound (I wanna say it was either '86 or '87), and I believe they also made it in three straight years in the early '90s...although they ain't make it past the wild-card round nann time.)

If you wasn't referring to the Saints, then disregard this entire post.

(SkyAA...you know I got you, right?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I bet in the ESPN cafeterias you can get the Ultimate Combo: a half of the Ultimate Club Sandwich with a half cup of Ultimate Clam Chowder or a half Ultimate Field Greens Salad. And you can Ultimate size your soda for a quarter more.

Heh....ranked lower than a team that's never made the playoffs and has never come close to doing so.

Imma presume you're talking about the Saints here...and if so, your memory might be incredibly short-sighted.. (Like mine ain't, but still...)

Not only have they made the playoffs twice this decade, just two short years ago they were within one game of making the Super Bowl. (in the other game, their first home playoff game, they won it. I can still remember it like it was yesterday...thanks to "the Az-Zahir Hakim" fumble. One of the biggest playoff gaffes in recent memory.)

And for the record...I know at least one of the "Dome Patrol" teams of the '80s made it into the wild-card wound (I wanna say it was either '86 or '87), and I believe they also made it in three straight years in the early '90s...although they ain't make it past the wild-card round nann time.)

The team was the Texans. :lol:

The team was the Texans. :lol:

How do I keep forgetting about that daggone team? Oh well... ~*facepalm*~

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

I'd list the Browns ahead of the Lions but the rest of the list looks good to me. ESPN did something right. Interesting.

Actually, they did not do anything right as this concept is virtually the same which a radio host in Dallas (Bob Sturm-KTCK) has done since 2001. In fact, Colin Cowherd on his show today said, "There is a guy in Dallas who ranks the teams..."

The differences are Sturm started from SB I not the AFL-NFL merger, and ESPN added categories like "Coaching Changes" "Star Power", "Media Buzz" and "MNF Appearances". ESPN gives it more subjectivity.

Yes sir, and I appreciate it.

Once you're back stateside, we have to make a Saints-Bucs game, even if it's just going somewhere to catch it on a big screen. I'll bring my wife but I think the other Saints fan in the family might have to stay home. :D

IMG_1439-1.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The Steelers should switch spots with the Cowboys.

In my mind, the top two are about as right as right can be. True, the Steelers have won every Super Bowl they've appeared in (as have the Niners)...but the Cowboys have also appeared in more of them than any other team since the merger--and still won five. (If they somehow manage to win it this season...that top spot is on lock for definite.)

Archived