Trade Deadline Thread

jkrdevil

It's close, but my thought is that the Gonchar deal was bigger. Throughout the NHL, there was a huge buzz he was going to be traded. But the question was to whom? Well the question got answered so I'm voting for Gonchar ^_^

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gaurntee you Kovlev will make you pull you hair out he is the biggest underachiever in the NHL.

Everyone dies when they go to the Rangers because they don't have any protection, the players don't defend one-another... look at any other team when a superstar gets hit they have to deal with the wrath of the rest of the team.

What happened after Lindros got hit? Nothing, Lindros had to take care of it himself.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Guest Guest
I gaurntee you Kovlev will make you pull you hair out he is the biggest underachiever in the NHL.

Everyone dies when they go to the Rangers because they don't have any protection, the players don't defend one-another... look at any other team when a superstar gets hit they have to deal with the wrath of the rest of the team.

What happened after Lindros got hit? Nothing, Lindros had to take care of it himself.

True, it would be dissapointing if he plays a weak game, but he is one of the best choises to enhance the habs lineup. Of tradible players, only Robert Lang would have been a better choice to increase their chances of winning. And it's all about chemistry. I think as long as the habs keep playing well and as long as Kovalev Has enough ice time, they can...or they might...well anyway, i think they are at least a conference-final contender. Go habs Go!

Here's the Leetch article

As a casual Ranger fan, this is pretty upsetting. Leetch has been around forever it seems and, even though he isn't half the player he was, he was always a standup guy who deserved to retire as a lifelong New York Ranger. I met him at a driving range in Manhattan (Chelsea Piers for those familar with the city) and he seems like a helluva guy.

Sigh...

As a Leafs fan, this makes me very nervous. Maybe Leetch will flourish outside of NY, just needed a new place. His experience could be good for the team. Maybe it's a Bourque to the Av's type deal to get him another Cup. I still have an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

He is terrible. He calls himself a defensemen but yet he never seems to get back and play defense. Plus, he is old. For a team that needed defense this was a bad pick-up. Leetch is the most overrated defensemen.

Personally, I love the move. It may help the Devils come playoff time.

He is terrible. He calls himself a defensemen but yet he never seems to get back and play defense. Plus, he is old. For a team that needed defense this was a bad pick-up. Leetch is the most overrated defensemen.

Personally, I love the move. It may help the Devils come playoff time.

I don't know where this thought that the Leafs need defense come from... we have too many defensemen as it is... we've been making Bryan Marchment a healthy scratch because of the influx of defense we have.

It was a bad move, but I can't see how the Devils will instantly improve because the Leafs have added to their blueline. Leetch can still contribute, and I still see him out there as a positive force.

He's not as good as he was, but he's still better than most.

American hockey media... just terrible. When Al Strachan is considered your best hockey writer you know something is terribly wrong.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

They also gave up WAY too much for an overrated has-been.

Golf Leafs Golf :flagcanada:

lol, i used to write that on the boards in High School at the end of the hockey season...goods times. :hockeysmiley:

Looking at what the Leafs gave up, I haven't heard of these prospects (but few prospects are know before they start playing) but 2 draft picks, and high ones at that for an older defenceman who has seen many better days.

I think Ferguson just had to make one big deal in order to justifiy his being picked for the job. The Leafs haven't made many big deadline deals in the past few years that have made much impact. They got Housley last year, who had a decent career and was at one point a big name, but didn't pan out

I never said the Devils instantly improve. There are not chasing the Leafs the are chasing the Flyers. I think that if the Devils were to face the leafs in the playoffs it would give the Devils a familiar hole in the Leafs defense that they could exploit. I think any team the Leafs face might exploit that, although I don't know on which pairing Leetch will play.

Sorry, I just assumed the Leafs needed defense since they traded for a "defenseman". I don't think the Leafs improve by this deal or get majorly hurt by this deal. They will still choke out of the playoffs as alway. If a team needs defense (which I'm assuming the leafs did since the made a trade), I don't think Lettch is a guy you trade for.

As for the Devils they need a Defensive-Defenseman. I guy like Witt comes to mind.

I know it's minor in the grand scheme of things, but the Wild sent C Jim Dowd to Montreal for a 4th round pick. I like the way Dowd plays, he plays with fire. Damn.

Looks like the Wild are pretty content to stockpile draft picks at this point, having also sent Jason Marshall to San Jose for a 5th rounder.

In other news, the Blues sent G Brent Johnson to Phoenix for F Mike Sillinger, who will now play for his tenth NHL team.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived