2008 AFL Grand Final

BB61

For those of us who follow the greatest sport you've never heard of, today (or tonight, depending on where you are), is a very exciting one. The Australian Football League Grand Final (Australia's Super Bowl), kicks off at 2pm Saturday afternoon in Melbourne, which will be midnight on the East Coast.

This year, the Geelong Cats, who became the second team in AFL/VFL history to go 21-1 in the regular season, will try to defend their premiership against the mighty Hawthorn Hawks (17-5), who finished in second this year. The Hawks return to the Grand Final for the first time since 1991, when they defeated West Coast for the premiership.

For goodness sakes, folks... if you can find a bar or place in your area that's showing the game tonight, go and watch it. It's a neat sport, and it's definitely an event to be a part of. (Especially if it happens to be hosted by your local club).

Here is a list of locales where the game will be on outside of Australia.

philly.png

This is the one night a year I usually get drunk to the point that someone else has to give me a ride home. Despite a lack of sleep and now having watched any AFL all year, I'm planning to be at Brit's in downtown Minneapolis to watch with the Minnesota Freeze.

Geelong put on a clinic in last year's GF, this should be interesting.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Damn; I wish I could go to the one in Raleigh. I like Woody's. Any idea if/where it'll air on television in the states?

Woody's is an awesome place. We had a great time when were there in June.

If you have Setanta, you're golden. Otherwise, Mac, you may want to use the same site you use for CFL -- it's possible that they may have a stream, though it'll probably be up after midnight.

philly.png

Woah couldnt believe that but happy Hawks won.

Didn't really like Scarletts attitude towards a legend a few weeks back.

But glad Crawford got something he does deserve.

And we cracked the 100,000 mark today, first time in years.

It was a bloody hot day though, the shade didn't come over the Great Southern Stand section i was in until about the end of the third quarter.

Theyre definately a happy team at Hawthorn tonight.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

$47 of meat pies?! How the hell did you spend that much on pies, Brian? (who's been eating all the pies...) My tab last night was less than $30, and I ended up leaving my car downtown and taking a cab home. :mojoto:

You were at the G, AM? Damn you.

I was disappointed that a really close-fought game through 2-1/2 quarters turned into a runaway victory.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Our president and resident Eagles fan baked two batches of ten, and (silent) auctioned them off, along with a whole bunch of other things (team hats/scarfs, of which I'm a proud owner of a Hawks set, Burger Rings, Hawks magnets, Aussie hats, and oh yeah -- an entire case of VB).

I came into that party wanting a meatpie and G-DDAMNIT I wasn't leaving without them. ^_^ They're pretty good, the girl and I've already had one each.

With us being related to the Hawks, you can imagine that most of us were barracking for them (there were a few Cats people there, but only a few), so it was a pretty awesome atmosphere.

philly.png

47 bucks was more than i spent on a ticket to the game!

Yeh mockba, really good game, one of the better GF's in recent years.

Will send half of the Geelong fans back into hiding for a while.... until theyre about to win a flag, then they all come out.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Just wondering, what's the deal with Shane Crawford yelling "That's what I'm talkin' about?"

It's probably his last game. Give him some slack.

I was just curious, I thought it was some reference to some Australian entertainer or something. But, I asked that in another message board. Apparently it had to something to do with a Street Talk segment on "The Footy Show" in which he kept saying that.

EDIT: I just found out it was a "Men in Black" reference?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/perfor...2650990608.html

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived