Atlanta Hawks

eRay

Cue "Welcome to Atlanta".

It has been a while since the new look of the Atlanta Hawks made me want to change a few things, but I finally got around to it. I didn't like their addition of Navy Blue, but at the same time I was happy they got rid of Black. I didn't like how they barely changed their primary, but added a secondary that was very nice. I did what I think should have been done. First, I took them back to Red and Yellow, but added Maroon instead of Black or Navy. I used their script logo and secondary to make up their new primary. Then, I used their current primary to shape their secondary. The uniforms are not the best design ever, but I was trying to give them a completely new look. If you all think the current uniform design would look better I will try using those, as that was my idea at first. C&C please and thank you.

Hawks2.png

The use of pink seems like an odd choice. Still, it sort of works.

I'm fairly sure it's supposed to be bright red.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I'm fairly sure it's supposed to be bright red.

Sure is. I will try to make it more Red next update.

edit: Post has been updated with a more 'Red' color.

Looks like somebody needs a new monitor.

I actually really like this though. It brings them back to the red/yellow and the uniforms, while not plain, aren't an over the top design either...

Looks like somebody needs a new monitor.

I actually really like this though. It brings them back to the red/yellow and the uniforms, while not plain, aren't an over the top design either...

The display is fine. The original concept posted was wrong.

As for the new posting, it looks OK. The red still looks a bit dull for my liking. Still good stuff.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Love the idea, and like the execution. Only have a couple of issues:

1. While I'm fine with the new jerseys you did, I would've rather seen a color swap on their current set. I'm a big fan of their side panels and whatnot (kinda reminds me of wings, or at least feathers). This one is rather rigid and less fluid in terms of the shape (also, the sides remind me of Denver, so why not retain the unique current look?)

2. Not thrilled with the secondary. The Hawk-merged-with-A is odd. While it's executed smoothly, it looks just thrown together (in the idea sense, i.e. - "We need a secondary logo... how about we just tack a Hawk head and some wings on top of the letter 'A'?")

3. Not an issue, just praising you on the idea to include maroon instead of black. Looks way better, IMO.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I really love the jerseys, that would be a great look for Atlanta. I hate their new color change. As for the weird secondarty, why not just take the A and put a wing on one side that goes top to bottom, now bird head, and only one wing. Just an idea.

Love the uniforms, and the logo swap. It such a great execution of a common sense move for the Hawks. The secondary however, I'm not so thrilled about. After seeing their secondary, which you have rightly used as the primary, I despise the Hawks for keeping that 90's primary logo. Lose that and make a new primary and this will be great. Might I suggest some sort of modernization of the classic 80's logo using the new Hawk profile logo?

• 1 month later...
Cue "Welcome to Atlanta".

It has been a while since the new look of the Atlanta Hawks made me want to change a few things, but I finally got around to it. I didn't like their addition of Navy Blue, but at the same time I was happy they got rid of Black. I didn't like how they barely changed their primary, but added a secondary that was very nice. I did what I think should have been done. First, I took them back to Red and Yellow, but added Maroon instead of Black or Navy. I used their script logo and secondary to make up their new primary. Then, I used their current primary to shape their secondary. The uniforms are not the best design ever, but I was trying to give them a completely new look. If you all think the current uniform design would look better I will try using those, as that was my idea at first. C&C please and thank you.

Hawks2.png

I like the mixing of the new and old with the new logos with the old colors. I myself, even though I'm not a big NBA fan, like the navy and red they are using now. Maybe they will use the old red/ gold scheme as an alternate someday.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Archived