MLB Awards watch

NJTank

Really wish the Jays made that Rios for Lincecum trade now

Oh my god, I still regret not seeing that trade happen. As much as I love Alex Rios, a trio of Roy Halladay, Tim Lincecum, and AJ Burnett would have been dominant.

Wade-sig.png

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really wish the Jays made that Rios for Lincecum trade now

Oh my god, I still regret not seeing that trade happen. As much as I love Alex Rios, a trio of Roy Halladay, Tim Lincecum, and AJ Burnett would have been dominant.

Throw in Marcum, McGowan and/or Litsch and yeah... best rotation gets even better.

Oh, and Cliff Lee wins the AL Cy Young Award with Halladay finishing second.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

They're batting 1.000, 6 for 6 (based on the criteria for the award)

When will the maddness end? I'm telling you, this is unprecidented.

Unrelated, Tim Lincecum looked like a 16-year old "sk8r boi" at his presser. Good grief. You're a big leaguer, kid. Dress like it. I mean people kill NBAers for how they looked before Der Kaiser Stern regulated that dress code. Have some pride, you just won the friggin Cy Young, Timmy Boy.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I agree. So far so good on the awards. I hope they don't mess it all up with the MVP voting.

Well, they're the most contrversial and the ones people care most about...therefore, it's guaranteed the writers will :censored: it up. :P

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I agree. So far so good on the awards. I hope they don't mess it all up with the MVP voting.

Well, they're the most contrversial and the ones people care most about...therefore, it's guaranteed the writers will :censored: it up. :P

I really don't get it with them. It goes to the BEST PLAYER. I don't think the team's performance should have as much to do with it as they are putting on it now a days. If it was about team performance, Dale Murphy wouldn't have won two. Andre Dawson wouldn't have one. It's a popularity contest. I can think of about 3 people that SHOULD have won it on at least three occasions that Barroid won it, and Puljos won the year Barry didn't play in enough games. I always thought it was because Albert deserved it the year before and didn't get it. But he gets it the year Andruw Jones deserved it. Yup, I'm ready for this year's picks. :-)

I really don't get it with them. It goes to the BEST PLAYER. I don't think the team's performance should have as much to do with it as they are putting on it now a days. If it was about team performance, Dale Murphy wouldn't have won two. Andre Dawson wouldn't have one. It's a popularity contest. I can think of about 3 people that SHOULD have won it on at least three occasions that Barroid won it, and Puljos won the year Barry didn't play in enough games. I always thought it was because Albert deserved it the year before and didn't get it. But he gets it the year Andruw Jones deserved it. Yup, I'm ready for this year's picks. :-)

And if Pedroia wins the AL it will be the worst f-ing day of my life.

6fQjS3M.png

Congrat's. If some guy you don't know wins an award, and that's the worst day of your life, you've obviously lived the greatest life that anyone ever has. My hat is off to you sir.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm sure I'll regret this, but why? He is a very deserving candidate.

Congrat's. If some guy you don't know wins an award, and that's the worst day of your life, you've obviously lived the greatest life that anyone ever has. My hat is off to you sir.

We need a "Most Sensible Post of The Day" category just so I can nominate that one. Well said.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Pujols wins the NL MVP. Maybe he will refuse the award because he wasn't on a playoff team.

:blink:

Pujols deserved it and rightfully won it. Howard may have led in the power categories, but overall, Pujols was definately a more valuable player this year, and thus the reason for the award. Howard had a good year, but the Phillies had a lot of other players who contributed to their success.

So Congrats, El Hombre! That makes #2. (Although he got screwed a few seasons because Bonds simply played in some games and the voters thought that meant he should automatically get the award. <_< )

I think Jay is referencing Albert's comments after Howard beat him in '06 where Albert stated he thought the MVP should probably come from a playoff team.

Albert was wrong about the playoff thing. He did however deserve the award in '06 because he was simply better, but it wasn't by much...wasn't that big of a deal.

This year there was just no way you could not give it to him. One of if not the best players of our generation (and perhaps more than that...we'll see) had the best year of his career. He deserved it.

Congrats, Albert!

I think Jay is referencing Albert's comments after Howard beat him in '06 where Albert stated he thought the MVP should probably come from a playoff team.

Albert was wrong about the playoff thing. He did however deserve the award in '06 because he was simply better, but it wasn't by much...wasn't that big of a deal.

This year there was just no way you could not give it to him. One of if not the best players of our generation (and perhaps more than that...we'll see) had the best year of his career. He deserved it.

Congrats, Albert!

Oh yeah. Forgot about that comment. I wasn't too upset with that snub. Howard had a helluva year, too, and it really could've gone either way. Plus, The vote was done before the playoffs, and the Cardinals only got in with 83 wins and because the Central was crap. Of course, we all know what happened next. But again, that was after the vote. The snubs because of Bonds were the ones that really piss me off. He deserved them over him pretty much each year they were up against each other.

Pujols wins the NL MVP.

Today, we are all Cardinals.

As happy as I am Pujols won it and deservingly so, I think i'll keep my loyalty with the Tigers no matter what. Also lets hope Pedroia wins the AL MVP. Not only because he had a great season not only for him but the Red Sox, but love for Arizona State as well :D

Pujols wins the NL MVP.

Today, we are all Cardinals.

Also lets hope Pedroia wins the AL MVP. Not only because he had a great season not only for him but the Red Sox, but love for Arizona State as well :D

...And because it will be the worst f-ing day of sizemorematters' life. :D

And that's what would make it completely worth it.

Archived