New International Hockey Jerseys (with Pics)

Neon_Matrix

I will start by saying I have pictures, but am not yet ready to post them.

The USA has a new jersey set and they look fantastic. I had a chance to see the white ones. To begin with the logo, they have dropped the dark red and gone back to a brighter one while the blue is about the same. The jersey itself has eliminated all vertical stripes. Along the bottom hem is three horizontal strips - red on top of white on top of a thicker blue line. On the sleeves there is a star (on the white, it is blue with a red outline) underneath the shoulder (where the leafs are on the Canada jerseys) and under that are the same stripe patter that is on the bottom of the jersey. From there it is white to the cuff which is white. The collar is square and two tone - blue and red. The shoulders are strange, they are white (for the white jersey) from the collar to the shoulder where it is blue. Essentially, this is the same template as the new Team Canada jerseys, just coloured differently.

I also had a chance to see the new Slovakia jersey. It is also based on the same template but coloured differently. I saw a blue one where it had a new logo on the shoulder (modified from their previous one of the Slovak hockey association or w/e). This one is a little harder to describe. The bottom of it has two lines, a bold red one that goes to the bottom and a thinner white one above it. The sleeves are a little harder to describe. There is a red and white stripe, on an angle, and curved, with the top one curving down (red) and the one below it curving up (white). Like the USA jersey, the top of the shoulder youlk is a different colour as opposed to the rest of it - the tip is white.

While I have pictures of these jerseys, I don't want to post them quite yet. I have tried my best to describe what I see in them. There are some toes I do not want to step on so for now, I will stick to a description.

If you don't want to take my word then fine, you don't have to. I won't send photos either if you PM me asking, so please don't bother. If people do bother me about this, I won't post these pics at all and I wont bother passing along any info on any of the other jerseys should it become available.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm loving the description of USA's new jerseys. It sounds like they are a twist on the ones from the Herb Brooks era. Thanks for sharing this info Neon.

No worries, I'm just a little worried to post the pics atm. As dirty as I feel saying this, I feel that the white USA jersey is the nicest one out there at the moment... it just looks slick, it combines vintage with some modern stylings. I do not know anything about the numbering on it, but I am assuming they will appear on the shoulder on the different coloured portion of the yolke.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

So, I have doctored the images and am ready to upload once given the go-ahed by Chris. I should be able to post them in a day or two.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Ohh gonna be interesting to see the new jerseys... hope they do look nice.. as for the descriptions... not bad way to imagine what the jerseys look like somehow before the pics are posted...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

So, I have doctored the images and am ready to upload once given the go-ahed by Chris. I should be able to post them in a day or two.

That's awesome, thanks! Do you have any idea if Team USA will be wearing these jerseys as soon as this year's World Junior Championship? I'd love to get one of the white jerseys with Van Riemsdyk's name on it, and I'm assuming there may be a Captain's "C" on there too.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

That's awesome, thanks! Do you have any idea if Team USA will be wearing these jerseys as soon as this year's World Junior Championship? I'd love to get one of the white jerseys with Van Riemsdyk's name on it, and I'm assuming there may be a Captain's "C" on there too.

I'd assume so. Otherwise they wouldn't be coming out soon. :P I think I heard november 1st... but I could be wrong.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Neon, you've posted descriptions of the two international teams I have the most interest in, and I'm drooling at the sound of both of them. If pics end up showing up, all the better. If not, I'm sure some of our graphically minded types can figure out a mock-up.

And regardless of that, it sounds like Nike has thoroughly learned their lesson after forcing one template for all teams (except Sweden) at Torino 2006, and then watching Sweden take the gold. I'm guessing that damaged their branding efforts just a wee bit.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The US Women's team was actually the first to wear the second generation Swifts in competition, in April, 2008. How do these compare to what you've seen?

61015.jpg

61032.jpg

610h.jpg

Not really any similarities. Maybe the collar, but that appears to be it. They completely re-designed them.

Like the RBK Edge jerseys, the way in which the jerseys are constructed allows for the "template" look but there seems to be a LOT more flexibility in how they can do striping patterns on both the bottom of the jersey and on the arms. If you know what to look for, you'll know that they are based off the same jersey cut with certain modifications.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Thanks for the pics.

Not a fan of the collar, it's similar to what Sweden had on their original swifts. Prefer the old one personally.

The River City Sports catalog says that along with the US, Slovakia and Canada, Finland, Germany, Czech Republic, Italy, Russia, Latvia and Sweden will all be getting updates this fall.

The River City guide also has some of the Canada 3rd jersey merchandise. The 3rd jersey is going to be maroon, and I've heard that they will be similar in styling to the 76-91 Canada Cup jerseys, but with a stylized maple leaf, and the maroon colour.

Thanks for posting those pics Neon. Got any more?

Juventus.png

Interesting news on the CBC Hotstove last night. Pierre LeBrun brought up the fact that the IOC is probably not going to allow crests on the front of these hockey jerseys at the 2010 Olympics, much like the IOC forced soccer federations to not use their crests in Beijing. They are trying to negotiate, but the IOC is full of money and pomp, and I can't see the IIHF/Hockey Canada winning this argument.

Again, this issue could be a catastrophe for Bauer.

Juventus.png

I do really like the Team USA jersey, but assuming that the numbers would go up in that blue panel near the shoulder, I think it might look better if the stars were up there, and the numbers would go in place of the stars. But, I'll reserve final judgement until I see the numbers placed on the jersey. Otherwise, I definitely like it, and look at it as an improvement.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Archived