New International Hockey Jerseys (with Pics)

Neon_Matrix

The River City guide also has some of the Canada 3rd jersey merchandise. The 3rd jersey is going to be maroon, and I've heard that they will be similar in styling to the 76-91 Canada Cup jerseys, but with a stylized maple leaf, and the maroon colour.

Thanks for posting those pics Neon. Got any more?

This is all I have, sadly.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting news on the CBC Hotstove last night. Pierre LeBrun brought up the fact that the IOC is probably not going to allow crests on the front of these hockey jerseys at the 2010 Olympics, much like the IOC forced soccer federations to not use their crests in Beijing. They are trying to negotiate, but the IOC is full of money and pomp, and I can't see the IIHF/Hockey Canada winning this argument.

Again, this issue could be a catastrophe for Bauer.

I heard that report from Pierre LeBrun too, but he didn't really fully explain the situation. I don't get why they wouldn't let the teams put their logos on the jerseys, and what would be the alternative? Would all teams just be required to put their country's names across the front, or what? I mean, Team USA's logo basically is just our acronym. Would that be alright? I think he said something about the individual teams owning their logo's rights (and therefore making money off of their property). I'm sure it's just the IOC's way of making sure any money that's made off of merchandise goes to them. I guess if that is the case, then I answered my own question, and the stylized USA acronym would have to be just plain USA lettering. Who knows? Anybody?

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

I don't know but I think it will give uniform manufacturers enought time ot come up with something else. Either a mascot type crest or for teams like the USA, the stylized USA all the teams wore in Bejing or whatever they decide to use. I think we'd end up seeing a bunch f teams looking like the Stars or Boston University

Looking back at the '80 Team USA jersey, if the 2010 version is required to go to a plain USA lettering, and if they did put that star up in the blue panel, they'd look pretty similar, and that would be a cool homage to the past. I don't have any photoshopping skills, but I'm sure someone who does can whip up a version of the new jersey with the stars "realigned", and regular lettering in place of the logo.

USA80.jpg

USA2.jpg

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Interesting news on the CBC Hotstove last night. Pierre LeBrun brought up the fact that the IOC is probably not going to allow crests on the front of these hockey jerseys at the 2010 Olympics, much like the IOC forced soccer federations to not use their crests in Beijing. They are trying to negotiate, but the IOC is full of money and pomp, and I can't see the IIHF/Hockey Canada winning this argument.

The IOC has a problem with national sports federations having their logo on the jerseys. This would affect some teams, like the US, Canada and Finland, but not teams like the Czechs, Latvia, Germany and Belarus who use national symbols on theirs. Canada could for instance use the maple leaf logo from their black third jerseys without issues.

Looking back at the '80 Team USA jersey, if the 2010 version is required to go to a plain USA lettering, and if they did put that star up in the blue panel, they'd look pretty similar, and that would be a cool homage to the past. I don't have any photoshopping skills, but I'm sure someone who does can whip up a version of the new jersey with the stars "realigned", and regular lettering in place of the logo.

usa.jpg

The IOC has a problem with national sports federations having their logo on the jerseys. This would affect some teams, like the US, Canada and Finland, but not teams like the Czechs, Latvia, Germany and Belarus who use national symbols on theirs. Canada could for instance use the maple leaf logo from their black third jerseys without issues.

USA80.jpg

USA2.jpg

usa.jpg

I don't know if they could use the Third jersey logo as that is I believe is trademarked by Hockey Canada. They could use just a genaric maple leaf (i.e. the one on the flag) or just right Canada on it. For the US they would probably have to do the 1980 look with USA written across as you did it.

These new stupid hockey trends just won't go over with anybody. Vertical piping hasn't, half shoulder yokes won't either.

But aside that detail, the rest of the jerseys of both teams are very sharp. Team USA hasn't looked this good since 1998.

I can confirm the photo of the white USA jersey is accurate. The new style jerseys will debut at the World Junior Championships in Ottawa.

No crap it is accurate, I held it in my hands AND took the pics. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

It looks like USA is mixing royal with blue, which (if we've learned anything from the Bills) just doesn't work. I hope it's just a illusion caused by the poor photo quality.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It looks like USA is mixing royal with blue, which (if we've learned anything from the Bills) just doesn't work. I hope it's just a illusion caused by the poor photo quality.

It is the same blue. Not royal and navy.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Looks like Ice Jerseys already has the US, Slovakia and Latvia versions in stock (just no pics yet). They also have something called a "Team USA IIHF Vintage Swift Replica White Hockey Jersey". Not sure what that's going to look like, and I think it's too early to call the original swift vintage, so maybe something similar to that mock-up I did a few posts up might actually be hitting stores.

Took a look in some Toronto stores today. There's a new line of IIHF team caps at the Hockey Hall of Fame store. They're made of a thinner cloth than the old ones and feature the logos sewn onto a very thin fabric, which is then sewn onto the cap with heavy stitching. The nations name appears over the back in the team's official script. Only teams I saw were Finland, Slovakia, Russia, US and Kazakhstan. Slovakia's hat and new shirt also feature navy blue as opposed to the old royal.

The River City guide also has some of the Canada 3rd jersey merchandise. The 3rd jersey is going to be maroon, and I've heard that they will be similar in styling to the 76-91 Canada Cup jerseys, but with a stylized maple leaf, and the maroon colour.

The new team Canada's new third jersey is now available at Yonge Sports. It's basically what everyone's been saying (I think someone posted pics a while ago, but they no longer work). Basically it's the same cut and collar as the new red sweater, except it's all maroon. The logo is like on the t-shirt below, while the arms feature the leaf about half way up the sleeves (quick illustration below).

cnd3rd.jpg

Here's the new Latvia jersey. Personally I think it would look much better if they got rid of the latvia text on the bottom and just continued that smaller stripe all the way around, either way, it's about what i was expecting after seeing the US and Slovakian jerseys. Thank god they at least didn't use the double stripe collar. And here's a link to the vintage USA swift I was talking about earlier. quite nice IMHO.

lv08.jpg

Am I the only one who doesnt like the new USA jersey? Theres something about it I dont like...I liked the darker red and the stars should be on the shoulder. I hate how the US and Canada put the alt. logos on the sleeve instead of the shoulder.

beLEAF

Archived