New International Hockey Jerseys (with Pics)

Neon_Matrix

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping this up for an update on the whole no-national-sport-federation-logos-on-Olympic-jerseys thing ... apparently Hockey Canada was looking at getting an exemption, but that won't be happening.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/story/?i...s=secStory_main

That's too bad about the leaf logo, its a very solid logo and very simple/clean. As for the USA jerseys, that would be a solid set if the white didn't have that cap on the sleeve. If the white was just the opposite of the navy and the addition of the 3rd would make a great package. I recently picked up a Slovakia 2002 Swift, and there isn't that much difference between the two, but the new one is nice, I'd like to see the white version as that's what they tend to favor.

SEAsig.png

The vintage USA jersey actually appears now on ICEJERSEYS>

Seems like they mixed some eras (1932 patch) for this one:

http://www.icejerseys.com/item_details.php?id=7161

Is that different from the one-game-only 1960 Throwback worn during the 2008 World Championships?

80970906.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Looks like Ice Jerseys already has the US, Slovakia and Latvia versions in stock (just no pics yet).

12917473vo7.jpg

97415398qv1.jpg

I like everything except for the "splotch" on the shoulders of the white jersey. I assume that area will house the sleeve numbers. Any word on what color pants the team will wear?

PvO6ZWJ.png

So if Canada won't be aloud to use it's Maple Leaf logo, what about the USA's logo? That's their federation's national logo. Does anyone know the reason behind the IOC's rule on federation logos?

Yup, the U.S.A and Finland will have to change theirs as well. During the Beijing Olympics, I remember officials simply saying that the players at the Olympics are playing for their countries, not their federations, hence the logo ban. Pretty pointless ban, seeing as all fans know that the national federations are what develop and support the sport in their respective countries. The IOC is simply a do nothing organization that reaps the rewards every four years.

I think that Canada should be able to use their third jersey logo without issues, but since I can't find this particular section in online versions of the Olympic charter, I'm not sure if the ban is on only the official federation logo or all logo's owned by that federation.

What a joke. There are much more important things regarding the Olympics and everything that is involved with it rather then bitching about the logo's they use on there Olympic team gear. As long as it some how involves the countries flag/national symbols/heritage/ etc. etc. it should be allowed.

beLEAF

I think the problem is that the IOC doesn't make any money off the sales of merchandise with those federation's logos on them. If they did, then there would not be this problem.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think the problem is that the IOC doesn't make any money off the sales of merchandise with those federation's logos on them. If they did, then there would not be this problem.

Although they won't necessarily make any money from the replacement logo either. The only way for them to get anything is to have Team Canada use the Canadian Olympic Committee's logo, and judging by Nicholson's comments, that's not going to happen.

On the note of international jerseys, stumbled across Namibia's uniforms on their federation's website. They will never make it to the Olympics, but it's interesting to see what the lower countries have for their uniforms.

namibia_away_web.gifnamibia_home_web.gif

fdt-home01.jpg

WOW... Personally, I would think if you can't use federation logos, then you couldn't use Canada's maple leaf logo. I'd like to see all of these team's logos in a Dallas Stars or New York Rangers way...

6fQjS3M.png

On the note of international jerseys, stumbled across Namibia's uniforms on their federation's website. They will never make it to the Olympics, but it's interesting to see what the lower countries have for their uniforms.

namibia_away_web.gifnamibia_home_web.gif

fdt-home01.jpg

WOW... Personally, I would think if you can't use federation logos, then you couldn't use Canada's maple leaf logo. I'd like to see all of these team's logos in a Dallas Stars or New York Rangers way...

Bigger question:

Namibia plays hockey!?!?!

The vintage USA jersey actually appears now on ICEJERSEYS>

Seems like they mixed some eras (1932 patch) for this one:

http://www.icejerseys.com/item_details.php?id=7161

Is that different from the one-game-only 1960 Throwback worn during the 2008 World Championships?

80970906.jpg

Anyone?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived