Best Football/Basketball combo?

GoDawgs08

I went by this line in picking UCLA:

We always talk about the best CFB uniforms, or the best college basketball uniforms. But who, overall, has the best 1-2 punch of both!

That, to me, asks who has the best uniforms in both, not the best matching uniforms in both.

^Seriously. Some of these are :censored: retarded. Georgia? Not even close. Same with BYU.

Some things I would like to see in a good consistent set:

-Same number font

-Identical (or near-identical) striping

-Same logos/wordmarks used

-Same colors

-Same "style"(modern/vintage, for example)

BYU meets every single criterion you just gave. So far, I'd say they're the front-runners.

Not exactly...BYU's gridiron gang uses standard block numerals; the roundball squad uses Machine Block. But that's a minor incongruency that can be overlooked in light of all the other things that do match...colors, vintage-style (or inspired). So yeah...I's say BYU could be at the top of this list.

And right behind it (minus the huge-ass feather) is Florida State. Same numbers, same colors. In this case, FSU's football unis have no striping (except for the rarely-worn white pants--and they can stay rarely worn IMO), but, one could say the spear on the helmet could be akin to the feather on the sides of FSU's roundball joints, yo. (AND...if one wants to be technical, FSU does use that font on its football uniforms...the "unconquered" set, anyway. :P )

As for UGA...those b-ball uniforms look like a cluster of ideas...and I have no idea what's up with the typography. Shore that up (along with the side panels), and they might be working with something. As for UCLA, their b-ball joints is about as classic as classic can get, but the football sets? Until they do something about those half-ass supposed-to-be "shoulder loops" and fix those numbers--they look to cluttered as is to me--I can't put them at the top of any list. (really, IMO, until they decide to revive those old-style numerals from the Cade McNown/Skip Hicks era and on before that, i don't think I'll ever consider UCLA's look to be near the top of anything in college football.)

Now...as far as North Carolina goes, if Butch Davis can somehow siphon some of that beautifulness from UNC's roundball joints (chiefly the numbers, and then some of the argyle, WITHOUT OVERDOING IT), I think that'd be the overall winner there. (Just keep the navy to a TRIM, Butch--you hear me? T-ARUH-I-M!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

^Seriously. Some of these are :censored: retarded. Georgia? Not even close. Same with BYU.

Some things I would like to see in a good consistent set:

-Same number font

-Identical (or near-identical) striping

-Same logos/wordmarks used

-Same colors

-Same "style"(modern/vintage, for example)

BYU meets every single criterion you just gave. So far, I'd say they're the front-runners.

Not at all. Basketball has random side panels, a generic wordmark, and uses a different number font than football. (Look at the "5"). Football uses the "Y" logo with a distinct oval around it. Plus none of the striping matches(besides helmet and sleeve/collar, but I'm talking about the other striping). Not wildly different, like Georgia, but still very very different. Personally I think their basketball unis look like crap, so in my opinion they get a thumbs-down.

I have to say I think FSU pulls off the "different" looks very well, and the Cincinattis posted are pretty consistent and cool.

This is just another rampant homerism thread waiting to happen, so I'll go off the board and say Michigan.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I honestly think Cincinnati's same-time football/basketball look was beautiful.

cincinnatizt1.png

There was a red alt for the basketball team, but I couldn't find it. The basketball uniforms were a modernization of the late 90's/early2000s uniforms.

I think the football team missed out on a golden opportunity for a red alt.

It's unfortunate that both team's current jerseys are so damn ugly.

jersey_jordan_jordanteam.jpg heres the red alt, and I agree both of the new jerseys are so ugly, I cant wait for a change especially for basketball

I honestly think Cincinnati's same-time football/basketball look was beautiful.

cincinnatizt1.png

There was a red alt for the basketball team, but I couldn't find it. The basketball uniforms were a modernization of the late 90's/early2000s uniforms.

I think the football team missed out on a golden opportunity for a red alt.

It's unfortunate that both team's current jerseys are so damn ugly.

jersey_jordan_jordanteam.jpg heres the red alt, and I agree both of the new jerseys are so ugly, I cant wait for a change especially for basketball

There was a different red alt for the jerseys with thte Shadowrun font, I'm pretty sure they were only worn in Andy Kennedy's only year.

That red alt was from the 3 years prior.

I like WSU's uniforms because I happen to go there and like their sports teams and therefore like their uniforms as well, and will waste your precious time with my blatant homerism.

Kidding.

For consistency, ASU gets the job done:

t1_asu.jpg

xzc1y0w.jpg

In terms of having a pair of uniforms that are both awesome, but not necessarily the same: Michigan, USC and Oregon State.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

This is just another rampant homerism thread waiting to happen, so I'll go off the board and say Michigan.

Bruh...you about a page too late. The rampant homerism began with the very first post.

Let's come up off that CPT for a second, will ya? ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

FSU makes a case.

547387.jpg

F464359.jpg

Those baskeball unis are awesome. I don't think I've ever seen that feather before. They should integrate that FSU wordmark onto the football uniforms (under the collar.) If they did that, I think we'd be looking at our winner.

Those BB unis are possibly the coolest that I've ever seen.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived