Best Football/Basketball combo?

GoDawgs08

As basketball season comes along, and football is in its prime, I thought it would be interesting to juxtapose college football and basketball uniforms. We always talk about the best CFB uniforms, or the best college basketball uniforms. But who, overall, has the best 1-2 punch of both!

Just add in you're favorites. Im gonna be biased to start it off, with uga.

Dawgs actually wore black as their primary road uniform for a few years, but last year we clearly went back to red. Great correlation bewtween football and basketball, with the silver britches stripe style actually echoed as a side panel for the hardwood uni's. Football very classic look. Basketball very modern, but unique (minus the nike horns on the collar). And I love all of the silver in the bball unis.

610x.jpg

080316-uga-vmed-3p.widec.jpg

610x.jpg

MatthewStafford_002.jpg

temp.png

FSU makes a case.

547387.jpg

F464359.jpg

Those baskeball unis are awesome. I don't think I've ever seen that feather before. They should integrate that FSU wordmark onto the football uniforms (under the collar.) If they did that, I think we'd be looking at our winner.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

UCLA has, by far, the best football/basketball combo. Nobody comes even close.

I disagree, although I like both of them. The basketball team has light blue and yellow in their unis, while the football team has light blue, gold, and navy. My interpretation of the topic is which unis complement each other.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

As much as my pro-sconni-ism doesn't want me to say it, my vote goes to Michigan. Even if you never saw one uniform, you can imagine what it looks like based the other.

You could say the same about Tennessee, but their hoops squad is on my s__t list...

Are you asking which school does the best job of visually connecting their football and basketball identities or who has great uniforms in both sports? If it's the latter, then I can understand people liking UCLA. If it's the former, there's no way UCLA could even be considered. The teams aren't even wearing the same colors.

Seriously, most of these aren't even close. Georgia's aren't even remotely similar.

The similarities between Georgia's football and basketball uniforms are much more obvious on the home whites.

UCVSLCTZLSIYQTB.20071204031651.JPG

^Seriously. Some of these are :censored: retarded. Georgia? Not even close. Same with BYU.

Some things I would like to see in a good consistent set:

-Same number font

-Identical (or near-identical) striping

-Same logos/wordmarks used

-Same colors

-Same "style"(modern/vintage, for example)

I know this is who has the best, but I think if a university pulls this off in a good way for both its teams that would be killer. I can't think of any off the top of my head, though.

^Seriously. Some of these are :censored: retarded. Georgia? Not even close. Same with BYU.

Some things I would like to see in a good consistent set:

-Same number font

-Identical (or near-identical) striping

-Same logos/wordmarks used

-Same colors

-Same "style"(modern/vintage, for example)

BYU meets every single criterion you just gave. So far, I'd say they're the front-runners.

I honestly think Cincinnati's same-time football/basketball look was beautiful.

cincinnatizt1.png

There was a red alt for the basketball team, but I couldn't find it. The basketball uniforms were a modernization of the late 90's/early2000s uniforms.

I think the football team missed out on a golden opportunity for a red alt.

It's unfortunate that both team's current jerseys are so damn ugly.

Archived