Allen Iverson to the Detroit Pistons

nyk

The Nuggets are going to buy out McDyess' contract, then he's going to wait his 30 days and be re-signed by Detroit. So the trade is basically Billups for Iverson.

Nuggets still came out better, IMO.

Well, without Chauncey, Dyess, or AI tonight, they still looked good. I am starting to like this trade a little more. I don't think Chauncey for AI is bad, but when you consider the amount of money they will have to spend on a big name free agent or two, this may help a lot in the long run, while still giving them a chance to compete this year.

MegatronSig2.jpg

The talk I heard last night on ESPN was that this trade makes the Pistons "big players in the Lebron sweepstakes". Freeing up cap space makes sense if you want to go after a player, but like some people have already said, there isn't anybody really worth going after. So do they sacrifice success to keep cap space open for Lebron when his contract is up?

The talk I heard last night on ESPN was that this trade makes the Pistons "big players in the Lebron sweepstakes". Freeing up cap space makes sense if you want to go after a player, but like some people have already said, there isn't anybody really worth going after. So do they sacrifice success to keep cap space open for Lebron when his contract is up?

If they sign LeBron, would that make up for drafting Darko?

If they choose not to wait for LeBron, I could see them going after:

Mike Bibby

Ben Gordon

Lamar Odom

Although I guess giving Hamilton the extension eliminates the need ofr Bibby or Gordon.

So I guess they would most assuredly go after a big man, with Rasheed Wallace's contract up as well.

Mike Bibby

Ben Gordon

Lamar Odom

Would Piston fans actually be excited by this?

maybe someone who is ONLY a piston fan.

as a lions/wolverine/piston/red wings fan (in that order) i'm more skeptical than anything else right now.

If they sign LeBron, would that make up for drafting Darko?

Mike Bibby

Ben Gordon

Lamar Odom

Although I guess giving Hamilton the extension eliminates the need ofr Bibby or Gordon.

So I guess they would most assuredly go after a big man, with Rasheed Wallace's contract up as well.

Yeah, I don't think it will be one of those three. As far as the Darko pick, it did eventually turn into Rodney Stuckey, which makes up for that a little bit. They could use another big man next year, but they have some good young ones in Jason Maxiell and Amir Johnson. Kwame Brown actually played pretty well last night too.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Is it just me or is the NBA finally beginning to replace its glory from the Jordan years? I mean talent is finally coming into the league and the future free agency in the next 2-3 years will be very exciting.

Well, we will have to wait until Friday to see Iverson play in a Pistons uniform, because Chauncey hasn't had his physical yet. However, the Pistons won their last two games, on the road, without Chauncey, Dyess or AI. They are now 4-0, and Iverson should be good to go Friday against the Nets.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived