Allen Iverson to the Detroit Pistons

nyk

Sources: Nuggets, Pistons working to finalize Iverson trade

ESPN.com

The Denver Nuggets are expected to trade Allen Iverson to the Detroit Pistons for Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess, Pistons team sources told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

The deal has not been finalized.

This would be the second time Iverson has been traded in two years. He was dealt by Philadelphia to Denver in December 2006, kicked out of Philly over irreconcilable differences as part of a package that brought Andre Miller to the 76ers.

Good move on Denver's part as well...they finally get a PG who can run the offense...this makes Denver better.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Pistons doing this trade + Iverson's contract expiring + freeing up cap space equals one of two things that I think Dumars might be doing:

1: The Pistons are freeing up cap space to make another trade, either now or sometime next year.

2: The Pistons are starting over after this season. The Pistons ARE getting old.

So yeah, I think it's the latter. The Pistons are basically saying ":censored: what we normally stand for, we're bringing in Iverson, let's see what happens." They're still a playoff team, but they definitely aren't reaching the ECF again with this trade, IMO. People are really underestimating how much improved the rest of the Eastern Conference is.

As for the Nuggets...definitely a good trade for them, no doubt about it. They definitely got way better with that trade.

Yeah this trade is not a "now" trade. Iverson isn't too young himself, and maybe he can teach Stuckey a few things.

What hurts the Pistons the most is the depth they give up. Bilups is a great team player and can do what you ask of him. McDyess is a valueable 6th man or can start as well.

It's a shame that a great player like Iverson will most likely be playing for his fourth team next year.

The only thing I like about this trade is that it means more playing time for Jason Maxiell. btw, do you think Maxiell's extension was foreshadowing?

When Dumars said last season that things were going to change, I expected it to happen in the offseason. But two weeks into the season seems weird. I guess it has to happen sometime.

Who will be the next to go, Richard Hamilton or Rasheed Wallace?

I say Sheed.

Also what number wil Iverson wear in Detroit? Stuckey wears 3, but I think AI will wear 1.

Yeah this trade is not a "now" trade. Iverson isn't too young himself, and maybe he can teach Stuckey a few things.

What hurts the Pistons the most is the depth they give up. Bilups is a great team player and can do what you ask of him. McDyess is a valueable 6th man or can start as well.

It's a shame that a great player like Iverson will most likely be playing for his fourth team next year.

The only thing I like about this trade is that it means more playing time for Jason Maxiell. btw, do you think Maxiell's extension was foreshadowing?

When Dumars said last season that things were going to change, I expected it to happen in the offseason. But two weeks into the season seems weird. I guess it has to happen sometime.

Who will be the next to go, Richard Hamilton or Rasheed Wallace?

I say Sheed.

Also what number wil Iverson wear in Detroit? Stuckey wears 3, but I think AI will wear 1.

when's he supposed to teach him? practice? you talking about practice?

and what could ai teach him that cb1 couldn't? <_< ...and you know stuckey'll have to change his number. ai isn't that unselfish to give up "his" number to a newcomer like stuckey.

i understand what's happening in detroit, but honestly, I don't like it. Not one bit.

I'm happy Billups is coming back. Maybe this'll do the Nuggets some good.

Of course, when we first got AI during Melo's suspension he was winning games for us until Melo came back. I guess the combo of Melo and AI wasn't good. Maybe a combo of Billups and Melo would do better.

ffsfasfd.gifsigyj5.png

Bringing back Billups. Bringing back McDyess. Why not bring back the navy/burgandy/gold colors and just completely revert back to the late 90's?

McDyess might either retire or negotiate a contract buyout with the Nuggets, as he has no interest in playing for anybody other than the Pistons. He's not going to be a Nugget. He was just thrown in to make the deal work, I think.

I like Iverson, he's a great player -- he wasn't the selfish player he was made out to be, at least in his time in Denver -- but the whole thing just wasn't working, especially without a PG. A mish-mash of styles.

Plus, now JR smith gets to start, so that's a plus.

IUe6Hvh.png

The talk is that McDyess will be a Piston again this season. He was added to match up salaries, but it is expected Denver will buy him out, and after 30 days, he can re-sign with the Pistons.

About the trade, I don't really like it. Who are the big free agents going to be this offseason?

edit: InTheEnd beat me to it.

MegatronSig2.jpg

The talk is that McDyess will be a Piston again this season. He was added to match up salaries, but it is expected Denver will buy him out, and after 30 days, he can re-sign with the Pistons.

About the trade, I don't really like it. Who are the big free agents going to be this offseason?

edit: InTheEnd beat me to it.

I think this is next years Free Agency list. It says summer of 2008, though, which obviously just ended. But it's also got AI on it, and his contract is up after this year.

http://www.realgm.com/src_freeagents/2008/

IUe6Hvh.png

Thanks. I am not sure who they would go after from that list.

I am going to miss Chauncey for sure. It is going to be weird seeing him in a Nuggets jersey, and I really hope he has success there.

I really hope this doesn't hurt the Pistons too much for now. I am sure it is good for the future, but I need a good Pistons team to watch. I am a Lions and Michigan Wolverines fan, so I need a decent team to watch.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Bringing back Billups. Bringing back McDyess. Why not bring back the navy/burgandy/gold colors and just completely revert back to the late 90's?

They missed out on Posey. :D

Seriously, I think McDyess is done anyway. I don't see how this helps Detroit though. I think they had one more year in them with the (not so anymore) currrent core and this is a huge risk. But this may help them in the future regardless of how AI does.

Edit: Actually, if you consider McDyess a non-factor here (I love Maxiell), AI is at least as good as Chauncey and has more "potential," if you will. This might not be so bad after all. We'll see.

Ugh, nothing good about that era. Why not just go straight to the Doug Moe, Alex English rainbow?

I beg to differ.

Laphonso Ellis.

And...

mutombo_celb_grab.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived