Redesigning the MLB Series

raysox

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of tomahawks in this Braves concept.

So some major things that I did was make the white Tomahawk A the primary, dropping the plain A, added a new secondary logo, edited the Braves script, and made a new road script. I pretty much could've said I changed every logo a little. I made the primary white for 2 reasons. 1) It looks really good on TFoA's sig, and 2) The red A had too much red in it. The secondary is a play on the Brewers logo on Wisconsin. But really, all I did was put the primary on Georgia ^_^. Added a white outline to the Braves script. Lastly I put the primary as the A in Atlanta. I kept it white so it didn't get lost in the tomahawk. The only thing that's a negative, is the fact it covers up the t a little too much. Enjoy.

ATL.png

On the jerseys, I didn't change much since I actually really like them now. I asked 2 Braves fans, JayJackson, and Mike about which alternate they liked better. They liked the red, so I kept it. I kept the same cap on all 3.

ATLj.png

i actually really like the tomahawk A hat soo much I want to get one next time I'm up there.

So Marlins later tonight, then the redos.

I started the Rays one so that might be the first.

Comments

Well I have already told you some of my thoughts on the logos but I will go ahead and comment the whole concept :P

I actually agree with patsox, but you already knew that I like that logo the way it is. The White outline in Braves is unnecesary unless you do that to the tomahawk, I hate the White Lettering on Gray, not trying to be harsh but it would look much much better Red or Blue, the red jersey is a downgrade, dont like the red tomahawk on red jersey, if it was white it would be alright but I like the Blue Braves script/tomahawk on the red jerseys better. Slap that Atlanta script on a Blue jersey and you have a very good Road Alt., and I do like the Georgia logo.

Overall it needs some work, mainly the white script should be red on the away along with the Primary logo.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Ooh, um, sorry, but this doesn't have much going for it. It's like you took everything that was working for the braves and changed it to create a more inconsistent and unbalanced design. First, logos, the A with the tomahawks doesn't really function as a primary. And why did you change the tomahawks color? It just looks worse. The sillouhette of GA seems uninspired and slapped on. The Braves script looks pretty bad as the script itself has an offset outline but the tomahawk underline does not. The Atlanta script is just awful. You can't see the t and the fact that the tomahawks and lettering are different colors is once again distracting. The while script translates horribly onto the gray jersey. I really don't know why it isn't red. In the jerseys, you are again having consistency issues. The numbers and wordmarks don't match. And the red tomahawk on the red jersey doesn't show up. Sorry, overall I would say to rethink this.

i agree with elliot all the way. especially don't like the tomahawk over the t, it doesnt look good. knowing u as a designer, im sure youll fix this up to make it look good. the tomahawk A hat would look good with the alternate, but not the primaries. for the primaries, just keep what they have now...

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Well harsh reviews all around for my Braves concept. I mean I wanted to change the set up a little bit, but no one cared for it.

Meh I still like it.

Alright 30/30 right now.

It's for the Fish.

So like everyone is doing, they're making their concept for the Miami Marlins. Didn't change much though. I made the aqua more blue, brought back the M marlin logo, and added a new script. The primary was originally planned to be a ocean scene. The ball being the sun, and make waves under the script in the primary, but couldn't get them figured out. I decided it looked good anyhow.

MIA.png

Now I think this jersey set is really sharp. I dropped the pin stripes, since they don't have the same amount of history as other teams do that use them. I made the piping aqua, and black, and kept it consistent the whole way around. On the primary caps, I made it all black, with an aqua top, and brim edge. I also kept the lettering on the alternate black for the soul purpose of looking really good.

Jrs.png

Alright that's all of them for my first time through. I'll get to updates sometime this week.

Which ones should be?

I have the Rays, Dodgers, BoSox, Indians, and I guess Braves.

The colors remind me of the ones I came up with for the jerseys I posted a while ago. Otherwise, meh you got rid of the pinstripes. :sleeping:

BTW WTF is up with the way you used BP caps for the home and road caps?

i think the marlins one may actually be one of your best. VERY sweet jersey set. one thing about the black alt: either make the numbers and wording teal (black on black is hard to read, see purdue basketball), or just keep the numbers and wording black and make the jersey teal...

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Very nice. One of the better Marlins concepts I have seen. I really like the Miami script you made. It looks great. The home uniform looks surprisingly good without pinstripes. At first when I read about this concept, I wasnt' sure about removing pinstripes from a team that has always had them. But then I took a look at the concept, and it looks pretty darn good. On the black jersey, I would change something to white or teal or something other than black. The script is ok as black on black, but I wouldn't have the script, the names, and the number be black on black. It's a little hard to read. Nice use of the M/Marlin logo BTW. Very nice concept. Probaly one of your best in this series.

The colors remind me of the ones I came up with for the jerseys I posted a while ago. Otherwise, meh you got rid of the pinstripes. :sleeping:

Yeah and just about all the colors every other Marlins concept has, it wasnt your idea.

I like this set alot, but once again Im not crazy about the Color on Color combo for the alt.

Yeah and just about all the colors every other Marlins concept has, it wasnt your idea.

I like this set alot, but once again Im not crazy about the Color on Color combo for the alt.

Calm down. It's no big deal.

I was just stating a fact.

Now back to the concept. It's not bad, but it's far from original. I suggest trying to come up with a new hat logo.

Maybe you should make some updates by listening to C+C if people didn't like the concept before moving on to the next one...? I haven't see much utilization of constructive criticism in this series.

Marlins is very messy on the script and logos. I wouldn't mind seeing more teal used rather than black. The baseball in the logo looks rather out of place. As does the red. And you were planning on doing a sunset scene with a baseball and waves? Hmm. Sounds a little familiar. Just sayin'.

But yeah, just going back and simply listening to what people said would be nice. It's a little disconcerting as a viewer/commenter if that doesn't happen.

Now back to the concept. It's not bad, but it's far from original. I suggest trying to come up with a new hat logo.

Yeah I probably should come up with a new logo.

How's this?

MarlinsFvector.png

Maybe you should make some updates by listening to C+C if people didn't like the concept before moving on to the next one...? I haven't see much utilization of constructive criticism in this series.

Marlins is very messy on the script and logos. I wouldn't mind seeing more teal used rather than black. The baseball in the logo looks rather out of place. As does the red. And you were planning on doing a sunset scene with a baseball and waves? Hmm. Sounds a little familiar. Just sayin'.

But yeah, just going back and simply listening to what people said would be nice. It's a little disconcerting as a viewer/commenter if that doesn't happen.

yeah I know. I just planned on doing them after I got threw, in retrospect, pretty dumb but whatever.

But I remember drawing up this concept back in November. I'm not just saying that, I remember when I did it. I was flying to Vermont from Newark.

I will go back

I was just stating a fact that you dont own those colors or anything. I wasnt mad. The cap logo is also the best part of the design, he shouldnt gid rid of it.

First off, The Braves concept could look good, but the obvious flaws that have been mentioned are holding it back. The road jersey script is by far the worst thing. Needs to be anything other than white, and the tomahawk should be under the script so it doesn't interfere with the other letters. I guess the red jerseys would look better with a blue tomahawk as well. But I like the hat logo, IMO it is better than their current one, but because of the tradition, the Braves fans will be mad.

I think the Marlins concept is great, though. I love all the teal you used, it really gives the set more pop, mainly the script going from black and silver to black and teal. The alternate looks very sharp. I am not usually one to like scripts and numbers that are the same color as the jersey, but you made it work.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Archived