Redesigning the MLB Series

raysox

In general, I really like the Angels set. The colors are fantastic, and provide the Halos with some much-needed differentiation; no one else in baseball uses that color combo.

I don't think that secondary logo is working on the caps. I think the wings on the side are too much and make the logo too complicated for a cap. I would lose the wings, but keep the light blue outline.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22/30 A's

For this, I brought back the elephant on ball logo, with script over it to be the primary. I used the A from the current primary, because the logos on the mother site seemed squished. I used the Elephant with the glasses as a tertiary, to use as a sleeve patch, and well, he seems like a pretty cool guy. I also got rid of all black(other than on the elephant's glasses)

OAK.png

For the jerseys, I added 2 colour piping on the sleeves, and pants. The current ones are just plain, and I couldn't leave it like that. I used the yellow brim hat on each set.

OAKJ.jpg

Dammit! I forgot to post PNG. I'm trying to put all my past sets on my current template, I did that like, 10 times.

I feel like doing an EPL concept tonight, so check back later for that.

Hey guys. Instead of finishing a team I already started, I decided to start on a new team, which I finished, which you will see now. It's for the Tigers. Today I saw a kid wearing a Tigers shirt with that stupid looking tiger on it, you know the one. I thought "It'd be cool it they updated that, or put the updated tiger head inside." Well what do you think I did with this concept. I updated the retro logo. I added an outline around the old D logo. I also made the tiger head a tertiary logo. Lastly, I kept the same script.

DET.png

I actually really like the current jersey set, I originally wanted to change it some, but I kept the basic design the same. I added outlines on the D logo, names, and numbers. The white D/orange outline/navy hat didn't look as good as the ones below, so I dropped it(sorry Tiger fans!).

DETJ.png

Knowing me, I have no idea who'll be next.

Comment please.

I really like the logo of just the tiger head, I've tried to make a similar logo like that before. I don't have any problems with the jerseys, I like that you used the outline on the D because it has always bugged me that orange is rarely used on any of their jerseys. And is it just me, or is the "Tigers" script on Alternate to the left to much?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Here are my opinions so far:

D'backs - LOVE how you put the snake head in the "A"! The uni designs look good too, but could you try fitting the "Diamondbacks" text into the jersey? (if you can)

O's - IMHO, the Orioles' cap needs a bird in some form. Maybe you can find a way to put the bird's head in the "O"? Otherwise, PERFECT logo and uni set.

BoSox - Logo set looks cool, plus the green trim is a nice touch (Wish the jerseys file was still up and not deleted yet)

ChiSox - SWEEEEET! I've always loved the basic design, and your slight modifications were cool too! (though keeping the awesome original base)

Reds - Perfect for the "old-time" direction they're going in with the rebirth of Mr. Redlegs and all that

Rox - Good starting point. Since I see it's been getting better, would you mind giving this one another go so it could be even better?

Bengals - Excellent. Sticking with tradition, yet cleaning up what needs to be fixed. (Now could you possibly help them fix Tiger Stadium up to play there again?)

'Stros - Awesome! Excellent mix of old and new (newer colors, but the Juice Box inside the atom and the star cap designs are back). I'd like to see you make an alternate cap with the classic "star-H"

Halos - Great way to spice up a set that's been way too dull since the name change (Though I would like to see a "Los Angeles" on the roads sometime)

Brew Crew - PLEASE DO NOT bring back the "BMs" design (That's my team, so I tend to be real possessive here). Though I LOVE that you've kept the classic ball & glove logo as part of the mix. IMHO, the current Brewers' regular design is awesome, though I would like more of that old logo on the regular unis and "Milwaukee" on the roads.

Twins - Cool touchup on their current design (though the "TC" should not be messed with). What I'd like to see is a script "Twins" on the road and home unis, "TC" as the primary cap (for both) and the twins on either side of the river shaking hands as the primary logo.

Mets - YESSSSSS! Back to blue and orange as the undisputed major colors (and cool use of the ESB in the Tertiary)

Yanks - Good logo set and mainly sticking with tradition, but the "NEW YORK" block letters is not going anywhere in the real world.

A's - EXCELLENT work, making the Elephant the primary (Too bad all this will soon be rendered moot-cause the A's know the way to San Jose)

Buccos - Great way to touch up the design (fans will be reminded of the days of Clemente, Stargell, and the like)

Padres - Goin' with the retro-modern mix again, I see? I really like that combo (and I LOVE the Friar coming back to regular rotation)

Giants - Once again with the cool landmarks touch, I see. Well, this here is AWESOME! (is there any way the Golden Gate G can be used as an alternate cap logo?)

M's - Baby blue is a more "marine" color than teal is. I like how you're fitting in the name (plus navy on baby blue is an AWESOME combo)

Cards - Perfect, except for one thing I'm sure you've heard from everybody else (You do NOT mess with the birds on the bat!)

Rays - What the designers SHOULD have been thinking with the redo. "Tampa Bay" on the road, the navy alt with white lettering, and a baby-blue alt as well!

My only gripe is that I want to see more of the ray!

Rangers - Interpolating the state flag in the outline logo-that's awesome! Actually, I'm just happy with any concept that has "RANGERS" as the home mark like it SHOULD be!

Jays - EXCELLENT redesign package, mixing all the good stuff of all the eras. The group needs to do something like that (they are, after all, the BLUE Jays, the Black Jays is Kardinal Offishall's label)

Nats - Again, combining all the past team logos to put together what the team should have done when designing their set! You're on a roll!

Overall, keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing more!

bYhYmxh.png

Hey once again, it's time for my Cubs redesign.

For the logos, I didn't change much(I actually like their set). But one thing I did do, was drop the plain C logo, sorry Cub fans. I brought back the angry bear logo as a tertiary logo.

CHIC.png

I changed some things up for the jerseys. I used the full body Cub logo for all the hats, which is why I got rid of the C. For the road jersey, I based the Chicago script off of a concept that thespungo did, since that's a great idea. I added another thin outline to the numbers also.

CHIJ.png

Only 6 more by my calculations.

Comments please. Also I plan to do my Red Sox concept again, since I never really finished it.

Couple comments. First, I would like to see a NOB on the alternate. It looks like a BP jersey without one. Second, I would use the current number font that they use. Also, you didn't entirely get rid of the C logo because it is on the road jersey. If you want to get rid of it entirely, add the bear to the road jersey along with it. Other than that, the rest of the concept looks pretty good, nice job.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Hey again, this concept is for the Dodger blue.

I didn't change much, I used aspects of the current main logo, and put it together in a new logo. I added silver to the logos too, to kind of give the whole set a facelift.

LA.png

On the jerseys, I kept it basically the same. I left the piping off, and added outlines to the script, and numbers. I almost changed the colour of the front number to blue, but I decided to stick with tradition. I did add white piping on the alternate. Enjoy.

LADJ.png

So that's the Dodgers concept. I have the remaining teams logos either started, or done.

Next will either be the Marlins, or Phills.

Comments please.

BJB...

That IS the Cubs number font.

The Dodgers primary logo looks ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. At least attempt to make the diamond symmetrical.

The extra outlining is unnecessary and messes up a perfect uniform.

MLB teams wear black on the bottom side of the bills, not gray.

Why do your wordmarks continue to be smooshed?

The Dodgers primary logo looks ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. At least attempt to make the diamond symmetrical.

The extra outlining is unnecessary and messes up a perfect uniform.

MLB teams wear black on the bottom side of the bills, not gray.

Why do your wordmarks continue to be smooshed?

The diamond is symmetrical. <_<

alright.

alright.

Because the scripts being shrunk down to fit on the uniform.

The diamond is symmetrical. glare.gif

My bad, but I think you're better off without the diamond regardless. The way the script and ball are off center makes it look like it's asymmetrical to me.

Because the scripts being shrunk down to fit on the uniform.

That's a terrible excuse. I resize scripts all the time and they never look like that. :lol::wacko:

Sorry about the number font, I thought the Cubs used something more round.

Anyways, the primary would look better if you moved the Dodgers script up a little bit more. The main thing that is wrong with it is the balance. There is way more blue at the top which makes it seem top heavy. The uniforms aren't bad, but I'm not a huge fan of the silver outline. I do like how you kept the red front numbers, those are so unique and probably my favorite thing about their current set.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

The Dodgers concept isn't looking too good, the Primary looks sloppy and rushed, and the Script in the Primary is smushed, you can present the Scripts without them being so smushed, and you need to do so on the jerseys also, it looks like half of the script would be on the side of the jersey and then very slim in the middle. The Jerseys are not much different, but I dont like the red numbers on the front, it's the only red in the concept, I think you could just ditch it. As for the Cubs, if you want to get rid of just the C do like BJ said and get rid of it on the away uniforms.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Next concept is for the reigning World Series champs(Uggggh)

One big thing I changed was getting rid of the blue, since a lot of teams have a red and blue combo now. I replaced blue with maroon. The main logo, I lost the infield shape, and just use the Liberty Bell behind the Phillies script. II brought back the old logo with 2 Quakers as a tertiary, which I updated with the colours in the concept. I also added cream to the colour scheme.

PHI.png

I didn't change a whole lot on the jerseys. I did get rid of the sleeve numbers, and replaced it with the tertiary logo. I added a cream outline around the script, NOB, and numbers. I replaced the blue alt cap, with a maroon alt cap.

PHIJ.png

Only 4 more!(not including re dos) I started them all, but can't get the logos perfect.

Marlins- Can't get waves right.

Royals- Lions are hard to draw on paint

Indians- Can't perfect a new script

Braves- See Indians.

But I like you guys, so I'll keep working on them.

Comments please.

You need to drop the tertiary logo. Those people in the logo appear to be wearing period military outfits (why there is a woman in it can only be explained by 1970s feminism), and switching a blue coat to a red coat in Revolutionary War-era costuming would change allegiances from the Americans to the British. Definitely not what you want to be doing in a former capital city that is rife with history.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived